Why chop a hemmit when u can change the vin # and store it.. I've always wanted to picklock a car and store it to be mine. Why dont  we have a location where people can bring them and wait like 5-8 min for the shop to change color/vin and u must change color in order to claim it as urs. (No police cars) that's why u must change paint job. That would become a fight to take and keep instead of always chopping/destroying.

@bamf @Paratus your thoughts plz?

Edited by bigjohn561
23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Been suggested many times in the past.
Good idea but would need to incorporate a cost to make it viable.  e.g. Hemmit box costs 20K to become yours. (Cheaper than purchasing the vehicle but not so much that it becomes a way to get any free vehicle)

That defeats the purpose, if you steal the car and pay a SMALL fee ($2500 or $5000) to change the vin it should be yours. I've requested this a few times with no response.

Crossfade likes this
16 minutes ago, Phil. said:

That defeats the purpose, if you steal the car and pay a SMALL fee ($2500 or $5000) to change the vin it should be yours. I've requested this a few times with no response.

How does this defeat the purpose ? If you could steal any vehicle and own it for virtually nothing nobody would bother buying them and more people would just go hunting for vehicles to steal. 
Take for example a Hemmit Box (Chops for 24K ish),   Costs (50/60K) to buy new,   You pay (10/20k) instead of chopping to keep it.   Thats like 34/44K total for the vehicle considering what you would get for chopping it and the amount you would pay. (Still cheaper than the original vehicle price)     
This means you can still steal vehicles to get them cheaper but wont discourage people from chopping for money or buying the vehicles from the shops.

Crossfade and Miles like this
5 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Pshhh.

Compromise? Who the hell bothers being reasonable about compromises?

5 hours ago, Vincent WY said:

Make it 1/3rd the price, put a 2~3 minute timer on it, add new talent which gets "NPC" to alert owner that his vehicle is being stripped of old VIN/Info and location. 

4 hours ago, Shane McCoy said:

This has been suggested more than anything else. I +1 if we can come up with a reasonable way to go about it

2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I don't think pulling cargo vehicles needs to be any riskier than it already is.

Make it cost a minimal amount (maybe 5k) and limit to 1 per server restart. Ah but a compromise suggested by the players won't do, it has to be something ridiculous and not achievable like the money cap shit right?