Aggressive system (Red means dead)

So this has been here for a while now and while it has it's perks it also has it's downsides. I will explain a bit of what I think of the system and if anyone has something to add well you know what to do.

The system is a great ide since back in the day or what ever you wanna call it (few months ago) we did not have a way of knowing what group ppl were apart of unless you knew the ppl or they just were very close to each other.

The system also helps newer ppl to know what situations it's okay to shoot on sight.

It also helps to know what ppl/groups you are initiated with.

Now that i've said some of the good sides of the system let's go ahead and point out what NEEDS to be improved.

Now on Civ the system works fine and really does not need to be changed though in the way i want it to be changed it might need to be on both sides.

While on cop if you tell someone "hey John APD stop right there" and the guy starts running away from you to basiclly just "troll" you well let's say you down the guy and if you process that person within 1 min you're still gonna be red for him and well Red means dead for ppl so he can just shoot you on sight.

There needs to be certin situations where Red means dead does not apply, i like the system but it's not perfect (things will never be perfect). 

Let's say you're in pygros and shoot 1 bullet in the air if a person is next to you he can then claim that Red means dead. 

As i said i like the system since we can see who is in a group and not BUT there needs to be certin rules on it aswell, before this system was in place you had to initiate with ppl in more situations you could not just claim Red means dead, alot of ppl who got banned aswell in the past for the reasons that now can be claimed Red means dead.

Im swedish so don't expect my spelling to be perfect. If anyone can explain this better then i have please do so.

@Gnashes i know you have some good ides so feedback is appreciated.

Noamigo likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

You have to ACTUALLY get shot for anyone to turn red for you. Shooting near someone does nothing.

In that cop scenario, you'd fall under the 5 minute rule anyway, aggression system won't save your life if it goes away.

It's there, it works, and it works well. People just don't seem to understand how it works and bitch when they respawn where they died and get capped again.

No i understand it, what im saying is if you've been taken into custody you as a person has pretty much lost then so it's just an ide to reset the "timer". What i know have to do is keep a person with a speeding ticket in custody for 5 min in order for the Red name to go away so i wont get "capped" after realising the person. I dunno just an ide :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Mahdizzle said:

No i understand it, what im saying is if you've been taken into custody you as a person has pretty much lost then so it's just an ide to reset the "timer". What i know have to do is keep a person with a speeding ticket in custody for 5 min in order for the Red name to go away so i wont get "capped" after realising the person. I dunno just an ide :shrug:

IF i was a cop and someone told me hands up or die and i process them within a minute, it does not exclude the fact that i initiated on him bc i got a ticket, that RP is still active for 5 minutes. 

I don't understand Mahdizzle? 

11 minutes ago, Dork said:

IF i was a cop and someone told me hands up or die and i process them within a minute, it does not exclude the fact that i initiated on him bc i got a ticket, that RP is still active for 5 minutes. 

Actually per the server rules once you pay the ticket the RP scenario has ended....You would need to reinitiate in order to shoot said person.  

Le Razoir and Mahdizzle like this
15 minutes ago, Dork said:

HotWings explained it better then i could :P

I would say blacklist those smart officers insulting another officer in public thread. If you're that person who needs to do this in suggestion thread instead of telling it to Mahdizzle "face to face" you shouldn't be part of this family. I don't know if you're jealous or what, but you should keep those thoughts in your head. Thats my off-topic suggestion. @Stereo

Mahdizzle likes this
On 11/3/2016 at 10:12 AM, Mahdizzle said:

Why are you shooting someone for a speeding ticket?  Lol.

On 11/3/2016 at 1:07 PM, Gnashes said:

You have to ACTUALLY get shot for anyone to turn red for you. Shooting near someone does nothing.

In that cop scenario, you'd fall under the 5 minute rule anyway, aggression system won't save your life if it goes away.

It's there, it works, and it works well. People just don't seem to understand how it works and bitch when they respawn where they died and get capped again.

It doesn't work well at all, actually.

If someone kills me, I come back and my name is red for them and THEIR GROUP but NONE (including the guy who kills me) of their names are red for me. Which puts me at a grave disadvantage since I don't know who is all grouped with the person. Either both sides should see red or neither should in that scenario. That isn't working well at all. I suppose you and I have different definitions of "well".

Additionally, sometimes when at War not everyone's name is red.

Edited by ₴avagє