Reporting system needs streamlining

I think there should be more interaction between admins and players, including the ones getting reported. I mean, i've been playing on this server for over 2 years ban free and with a good reputation for being someone who follows the rules. I was banned last week for combat logging even though I got the red writing kick message. You would think seeing the video proof of the report an admin would go....hmm that seems quite unlikely it was actually him CLing, maybe i'll talk to him first before I ban him

Frizzy and [CoRe]Redrum like this

The trouble with that @Das Otter is how long do we try to get a hold of you? If one admin takes it on, then the others cant talk to you about it since that admin is doing the report. What if you are gone? Or he is gone? Then the report sits undone for days/weeks because you are playing forum/ts tag. We go on the evidence provided and make our decisions based on that and our previous experiences dealing with bans. Do we get it wrong sometimes? Sure! We are only human. But we do the best we can. 

Just now, Dredge said:

The trouble with that @Das Otter is how long do we try to get a hold of you? If one admin takes it on, then the others cant talk to you about it since that admin is doing the report. What if you are gone? Or he is gone? Then the report sits undone for days/weeks because you are playing forum/ts tag. We go on the evidence provided and make our decisions based on that and our previous experiences dealing with bans. Do we get it wrong sometimes? Sure! We are only human. But we do the best we can. 

message him on the forums, if he doesnt respond, ban

7 minutes ago, Eazy said:

message him on the forums, if he doesnt respond, ban

What about people who's in game name is different from their forum name? What if they played under a different name that time? How do we find them on the forums? Then, how long do we wait for them to respond? 

I'm not trying to shoot you down at every turn. I am just saying that there are a lot of different factors and trying to take care of bans in a timely fashion is our top priority. 

Just now, Dredge said:

What about people who's in game name is different from their forum name? What if they played under a different name that time? How do we find them on the forums? Then, how long do we wait for them to respond? 

I'm not trying to shoot you down at every turn. I am just saying that there are a lot of different factors and trying to take care of bans in a timely fashion is our top priority. 

well thats their fault for maybe breaking a rule while under a different name?

19 minutes ago, Dredge said:

That is kinda what we already do

I know I don't have the cleanest record but seeing how long I've been here and how many bans I've had removed I feel I can say this.

when you report someone for mass rdm, cl, harassment and see them on the next day and they get a warning it's kinda bs.

if someone clearly combat logs multiple times they shouldn't be unbanned before there time is up. They should serve there full ban no matter how much they complain or suck up or how regretful they seem. We had one guy cl 4-5 times got action taken and he was back the next day.. seems abit unfair if you ask me.. if you get caught deal with it if you combat log deal with it..

other servers have things in place to deal with combat loggers to make it all fair, not sure why asylum hasn't got it in place.

rdm's are just as bad... mass rdm and there back within a few hours with a warning.. wtf is this? Rdm's 10+ people, ruins there day and gets let off with a warning? Like come on... the bans need to be harsher and stick so that people take the rdm and cl rules more seriously

Google™ likes this

@CrossFade the penalty for CL'ing has been increased to deal with this exact issue. And as for the other RDM's and such again, we do what we can. If we talk to the person and they appear to be genuine then we will lift it 9/10 times. And I suspect that you would want that same level of empathy towards you if you are banned. The trouble is sometimes players mistake our kindness for weakness and continue to commit server rule violations. When the reports come in we check our notes on their account and if we see a pattern we adjust ban lengths and ban lift potential accordingly. It is a very dynamic and case by case system because one size doesn't fit all I'm afraid. 

6 minutes ago, Dredge said:

@CrossFade the penalty for CL'ing has been increased to deal with this exact issue. And as for the other RDM's and such again, we do what we can. If we talk to the person and they appear to be genuine then we will lift it 9/10 times. And I suspect that you would want that same level of empathy towards you if you are banned. The trouble is sometimes players mistake our kindness for weakness and continue to commit server rule violations. When the reports come in we check our notes on their account and if we see a pattern we adjust ban lengths and ban lift potential accordingly. It is a very dynamic and case by case system because one size doesn't fit all I'm afraid. 

And I understand that. But unedited video doesn't lie, however people do.

Just now, CrossFade said:

And I understand that. But unedited video doesn't lie, however people do.

Video doesnt account for internet problems, misunderstanding a situation and a lot of the times make a situation look bad without the proper context. Its better to risk letting an lighe violater go free than it is to risk banning an innocent player

54 minutes ago, Das Otter said:

Video doesnt account for internet problems, misunderstanding a situation and a lot of the times make a situation look bad without the proper context. Its better to risk letting an lighe violater go free than it is to risk banning an innocent player

Or make the player upload there side of things? I mean if they lose connection and dc 5 times in a space of 10 min that's not a person who is having connection issues.. that's someone pulling there plug.

kicked for slow internet has a kick messsage 

maybe could also have admins have to file a report just like the rest of us instead of handling something that is done to them instantly and sometimes unfairly. as has been said multiple times by multiple admins in this topic, you guys are only human, and as such are prone to dealing with situations in which where you feel you were wronged you have to get the last laugh and instantly ban someone when nothing wrong was done.

i have had a certain admin ban me before, multiple times, because he either got pissed off or had a grudge with me, i dont know, and instantly ban me for rdm and tried to make the bans longer than necessary because they were pissed. and ofc, with the rule being only the admin who has banned you can be the one who can change the ban, it didnt matter that i had video evidence where i was in the right and that admin was wrong, my appeal was not only ignored but i was basically told to fuck off and that the admin wouldnt help me in any way. i ended up having to go to the CMs just to get the ban lifted and the admin only lifted it grudgingly.

it is for these  instances where i feel that if an admin is in game and playing, that admin should have to follow the same proceedure as everyone else and record and report and not be able to handle bans for stuff that happened to them because the chance of that admin abusing their power is too great IMO

bigjohn561 likes this
1 hour ago, CrossFade said:

Or make the player upload there side of things? I mean if they lose connection and dc 5 times in a space of 10 min that's not a person who is having connection issues.. that's someone pulling there plug.

kicked for slow internet has a kick messsage 

I mean for the less black and white reports, most are going to be obvious I agree

Crossfade likes this
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:37 PM, signal said:

It's volunteering when taking the position of admin or moderator. It's also your responsibility to be able to prove whether something is against server rules. It's not like they have cameras setup ingame and can replay an event that happened specifically to you, that's why it says to have sufficient evidence to have action taken on a report. I honestly doubt you have someone catering to all of your needs in real life so don't always expect it on here either.

whats is it when the admin are doing the rdming and vdming... and no1 doing shit about it..yes if u are a volunteering there ways to be up on ur game and do ur job right... look they got all lot of them ...

2 hours ago, [CoRe]Redrum said:

whats is it when the admin are doing the rdming and vdming... and no1 doing shit about it..yes if u are a volunteering there ways to be up on ur game and do ur job right... look they got all lot of them ...

arent u the dude that "was sniping cops" on the solar tower with a pdw and RDM'ed me when I came up?

3 hours ago, [CoRe]Redrum said:

so is it ok for admin to use his admin power as his plz civ.. that is admin abuse ..  like they all said they just need to look at the logs...server 3 has been fucking up for 2 months... ppl getting kicked all the time..the high ranks need to see this shit...a lot of the time its not some lil kid fucking off...

go play on server 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:08 PM, Jigawatt said:

@Gavir if I remember correctly you came into TS complaining about RDM that was not even happening to you. You saw another player get killed without being told anything.

I told you then, the player could be getting texted or be in a private phone call with the player. Arma does not have the ability to log voice channels.

With that in mind, as many others have said and too repeat what I told you then. Record and report and we will do the very best we can to make amends to the player wronged, not to the random guy trying to report others when they are not part of the event in question.

Dear Jigawatt, so ur saying someone can NOT GET BANNED unless someone has video of getting rdmed? but the video has to come from the person that got rdmed am I correct? @Jigawatt

Edited by bigjohn561
no reply so i tagged.
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, boomheadshot69 said:

maybe could also have admins have to file a report just like the rest of us instead of handling something that is done to them instantly and sometimes unfairly. as has been said multiple times by multiple admins in this topic, you guys are only human, and as such are prone to dealing with situations in which where you feel you were wronged you have to get the last laugh and instantly ban someone when nothing wrong was done.

i have had a certain admin ban me before, multiple times, because he either got pissed off or had a grudge with me, i dont know, and instantly ban me for rdm and tried to make the bans longer than necessary because they were pissed. and ofc, with the rule being only the admin who has banned you can be the one who can change the ban, it didnt matter that i had video evidence where i was in the right and that admin was wrong, my appeal was not only ignored but i was basically told to fuck off and that the admin wouldnt help me in any way. i ended up having to go to the CMs just to get the ban lifted and the admin only lifted it grudgingly.

it is for these  instances where i feel that if an admin is in game and playing, that admin should have to follow the same proceedure as everyone else and record and report and not be able to handle bans for stuff that happened to them because the chance of that admin abusing their power is too great IMO

THIS........ a admin should have to file a report just like the rest of us and not be the admin that does the ban.