Community Poll

I think it would be beneficial for  Developer's, Community Managers, Contributor's  And or Admins involved with development of the server's to post a "Community Poll" on the main website to show what the community think. I know this might sound weird but watching Runescape Live streams they ask the community for suggestions and later may contribute a Poll in game or on their website.

Example:  Do you think there should be a increase group cap, Yes or No. 

There should be a count down, not only 70% of the community needs to vote yes for something to be pushed forward.

also lets the community see whats going to be implemented.

Rag, Apci, Mako and 6 others like this

The team always looks at responses to suggestions from the community. If it's able to happen on the our unmodded server and falls within Paratus' vision there is serious consideration that takes place. There have been several community ideas implemented on the server. As for the development mapping, I will allow @bamf or @Paratus let you know about that as they are the Dev's.

Just now, Olio said:

The team always looks at responses to suggestions from the community. If it's able to happen on the our unmodded server and falls within Paratus' vision there is serious consideration that takes place. There have been several community ideas implemented on the server.

it may look good but may not roll with the community,

example: new prison location, awesome location, crap layout 

Just now, Smee said:

it may look good but may not roll with the community,

example: new prison location, awesome location, crap layout 

Well Bamf has always been open to changing layouts. Make one and show it to him. If he thinks its better suited I'm sure he would be willing to give it a change.

Smee and Feenix like this

Eventhough i always love to see the suggestions from the community and agree with alot. There is also a bunch of suggestions that are simply really one sided and selfish from the side of the person who suggests it and does not take in mind other players.

If we'd have a poll saying 7.62 rifles will now cost 5k MAX you'd have a ton of people being like HELL YEAH!!! 110% Yes vote.

However that will negatively influence civs, cops ect. Thats why i've always respected the decisions the devs made.

Something i would see more productive is active discussions between dev/community with arguments why we would or would not want a group cap change ect.

Alot of rebels seem to wanting to have the groupcap to be 15 at the moment, but i have not heard any feedback from bamf or paratus about it. That's something i'd love to see.

Chau likes this

A simple Poll would change this 

Just now, Midamaru said:

Eventhough i always love to see the suggestions from the community and agree with alot. There is also a bunch of suggestions that are simply really one sided and selfish from the side of the person who suggests it and does not take in mind other players.

If we'd have a poll saying 7.62 rifles will now cost 5k MAX you'd have a ton of people being like HELL YEAH!!! 110% Yes vote.

However that will negatively influence civs, cops ect. Thats why i've always respected the decisions the devs made.

Something i would see more productive is active discussions between dev/community with arguments why we would or would not want a group cap change ect.

Alot of rebels seem to wanting to have the groupcap to be 15 at the moment, but i have not heard any feedback from bamf or paratus about it. That's something i'd love to see.

Just now, Olio said:

So make a poll? I think one on that topic has been made already, do a quick search and see, and then if you want to make a poll if there is not. Nothing stopping you from making a poll.

We're talking about the Dev's making polls and seeing what the community thinks of a change they might consider.

Some polls we create Dev's dont even like the idea so ignore it , making it pointless.

Edited by Toasted

Community ideas are NOT taken with a grain of salt. @bamf and @Paratus the Developers both appreciate the ideas the community posts and discusses as it gives the potential for new things that we could possibly implement. BUT as I said the idea even though popular may not be the right one the owner of the server feels that it would continue his vision of this server. Please continue to look for NEW ideas that create fresh content that aligns with our RP server.

Toasted, Haych, william and 4 others like this