Computer Issues

MarchingBands

I've been having an issue since August (on and off) where it would sometimes kick me some time after I go past the lobby screen on any of the Asylum servers. It typically happens by the time I would normally hit the Identity notification/advertisement, although it has happened after that. Most of my games outside of Arma 3 have been able to run decently.

(Says “You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Client not responding)), sometimes it will just say something simple like “You were kicked off the game”)

My specs:

Spoiler

Computer Information:

Manufacturer:  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Model:  Q550LF

Form Factor: Laptop

Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:

CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel

CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

CPU Family:  0x6

CPU Model:  0x45

CPU Stepping:  0x1

CPU Type:  0x0

Speed:  2394 Mhz

4 logical processors

2 physical processors

HyperThreading:  Supported

Operating System Version:

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

NTFS:  Supported

Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M 

DirectX Driver Name:  nvumdshim.dll

Driver Version:  10.18.13.6143

DirectX Driver Version:  10.18.13.6143

Driver Date: 16 Dec 2015

OpenGL Version: 4.5

DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M 

Memory:

RAM:  8075 Mb

Total Hard Disk Space Available:  931599 Mb

Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  75345 Mb

An example of what it would do: http://prntscr.com/eb8wlc

@MangoOfFury @Painbringa112 @Cukofuko (Tagging because you are more knowledgeable about computer issues)

Spoiler

P.S. This is kind of a last resort thing. Getting in my way of playing Arma.

Edited by MarchingBands
BlackShot likes this
2 hours ago, Lorax said:

Everyone has been getting battleeye kicked :FeelsBadMan:

No, his issue is preventing him from playing on the server entirely. This is not some random kicking nor crash error, it's a habitual, repetitive error every time he attempts to get in-game. If anyone has any ideas or the resolve for this issue, that would be fantastic.

Edited by Flameless
MarchingBands and Sandwich like this
45 minutes ago, Flameless said:

No, his issue is preventing him from playing on the server entirely. This is not a some random kicking nor crash error, it's a habitual, repetitive error every time he attempts to get in-game. If anyone has any ideas or the resolve for this issue, that would be fantastic.

verify game file thingy in steam? whats his ping? 

You said it happens sometimes. Is it really sometimes or you simply can't join servers anymore, because of this error?

'Cause I face the same problem, so as my friends, but it's only sometimes. It's usually after opening the game, playing for a few hours, going back to lobby and rejoining a server. My theory is BattlEye, after some time - and since it's always checking for new updates -, stops responding or checking for those updates after X time playing Arma. Since you don't have the last checks yet, you get kicked by 'BattlEye not responding'. If you try joining again, it works, am I right?

I believe the only solution for now is to either restart Arma (which will force BattlEye to check for updates) or wait until you get kicked and re-join again. Which is actually a workaround, to be honest.

Edited by BlackShot
8 hours ago, Cukofuko said:

I believe you should try speaking with an admin about it. Something about deletung your GUI (or w/e). Kate had that issue on s5. 

I'll try that, thank you for your suggestion.

7 hours ago, BlackShot said:

You said it happens sometimes. Is it really sometimes or you simply can't join servers anymore, because of this error?

'Cause I face the same problem, so as my friends, but it's only sometimes. It's usually after opening the game, playing for a few hours, going back to lobby and rejoining a server. My theory is BattlEye, after some time - and since it's always checking for new updates -, stops responding or checking for those updates after X time playing Arma. Since you don't have the last checks yet, you get kicked by 'BattlEye not responding'. If you try joining again, it works, am I right?

I believe the only solution for now is to either restart Arma (which will force BattlEye to check for updates) or wait until you get kicked and re-join again. Which is actually a workaround, to be honest.

I can connect sometimes, but a majority of the time, it will end up kicking me. This has been happening for months. I'll try what Cuko suggested. Continuously trying to re-connect works...sometimes, not every time.

37 minutes ago, MarchingBands said:

I can connect sometimes, but a majority of the time, it will end up kicking me. This has been happening for months. I'll try what Cuko suggested. Continuously trying to re-connect works...sometimes, not every time.

I had the same problem until i upgraded my ram and now it works great. 

6 hours ago, MarchingBands said:

Seems like a network issue? what is your network card? or you using wired to your router? 

If only on the Asylum servers i would say try the thing Cukofuko mentioned.

But things you could try to genericly solve the problem:

• The error looks like you are getting kicked due to connection lost, keep an eye on your internet connection right away as it happens. (You can rule this out by having a radio running, teamspeak and see if that drops at the same time.) If not continue with:
  • Delete ARMA 3, also the files at the document section. (Back the files up if needed, also remember your KOTH profile would be resetted)
  • Install ARMA 3
  • Verify integrity of game files
  • Attempt playing on the servers again, if problem reoccurs continue with:
  • Try another version of the ARMA client, for example a preformance build. (Click here how, with this code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3 )
  • Change the parameters/video settings you run the game with, lower them if possible to see if the preformance is affecting the issue. (Also make sure you got no other programs that use up your performance too much. For example a stream, recording software, anti virus, other games, installations ect.)
  • If none of that helped.. idk, cuddle with your computer and tell it how important this is for you.
16 hours ago, Shameless said:

I had the same problem until i upgraded my ram and now it works great. 

That's going to be a challenge if it comes to it.

10 hours ago, Kevin Hansen said:

Seems like a network issue? what is your network card? or you using wired to your router? 

I'm getting a solid 20-30 Mbps, not using Ethernet. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WC-EG

10 hours ago, Kevin Hansen said:

general internet works or?

Yes, I don't generally have internet connection issues.

7 hours ago, Jaeger said:

Some times the writing speed on your disc is nto enough, most people have solve this problem by acquiring an SSD

Now that would really be an issue trying to get it into my laptop. If it comes down to it, I may need to. Anyone have any suggestions on what would be compatible with my laptop (specs listed above, can provide more if needed).

6 hours ago, Midamaru said:

If only on the Asylum servers i would say try the thing Cukofuko mentioned.

But things you could try to genericly solve the problem:

• The error looks like you are getting kicked due to connection lost, keep an eye on your internet connection right away as it happens. (You can rule this out by having a radio running, teamspeak and see if that drops at the same time.) If not continue with:
  • Delete ARMA 3, also the files at the document section. (Back the files up if needed, also remember your KOTH profile would be resetted)
  • Install ARMA 3
  • Verify integrity of game files
  • Attempt playing on the servers again, if problem reoccurs continue with:
  • Try another version of the ARMA client, for example a preformance build. (Click here how, with this code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3 )
  • Change the parameters/video settings you run the game with, lower them if possible to see if the preformance is affecting the issue. (Also make sure you got no other programs that use up your performance too much. For example a stream, recording software, anti virus, other games, installations ect.)
  • If none of that helped.. idk, cuddle with your computer and tell it how important this is for you.

Do you mean like an online radio? I've tried the performance build, I kept getting the same issue, and locked low with the FPS still, deleted Arma 3 with the documents (I deleted the profiles and others there) manually, and re-installed it from scratch. Tried verifying several times. I did toggle around and look at several videos a month or so back with the Arma 3 default launcher with editing the parameters, then tried the game config files, didn't get me anywhere. As much as I'd love to cuddle with it, I don't think it understands it. It is robotic after all.

Still curious as to what Cuko said with deleting the GUI, asked around a little bit, no one answered it.

But yeah, if anyone has any suggestions as to what SSD I should try and get installed, let me know. Thanks for your replies so far, guys.

21 minutes ago, MarchingBands said:

But yeah, if anyone has any suggestions as to what SSD I should try and get installed, let me know. Thanks for your replies so far, guys.

Holy shit it really seems like you've tried it all. When buying SSD's it doesn't really matter which brand ect you get.

The only difference you really need to keep in mind is that there are SSD chips, which need a specific chipslot on your motherboard. If you don't have that it's all fine, but just be carefull you don't accidentially buy the chip version :P

On the left is a chip, on the right is an SATA (cable) SSD.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/s/solid_state_drives/_/n-10+11+hv22y+zq29m

69ff00e6f6628eb512359d8c216c9783.png

20 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Holy shit it really seems like you've tried it all. When buying SSD's it doesn't really matter which brand ect you get.

The only difference you really need to keep in mind is that there are SSD chips, which need a specific chipslot on your motherboard. If you don't have that it's all fine, but just be carefull you don't accidentially buy the chip version :P

On the left is a chip, on the right is an SATA (cable) SSD.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/s/solid_state_drives/_/n-10+11+hv22y+zq29m

69ff00e6f6628eb512359d8c216c9783.png

Would moving my Arma 3 install path to an external SSD (the one on the right, I believe) give me a frame boost likely? Would the same go for most other "intensive" games? Thanks for your reply.

9 minutes ago, MarchingBands said:

Would moving my Arma 3 install path to an external SSD (the one on the right, I believe) give me a frame boost likely? Would the same go for most other "intensive" games? Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure how to put this, but i believe it doesn't exactly increase your frames per second. But it does help load the data your computer needs to process quicker. In my experience that removed alot of that stutter which you get when you're spawning in/speeding through a town/have lots of smokes ect.

So either way it'll be an improvement, just don't expect a hugeeeee boost or anything and you won't be dissapointed.

Other intensive games i wouldn't know but in theory it should always be an improvement with loading screens and less stuttering.

Edited by Midamaru
MarchingBands likes this