When cops crash into you or vice-versa

I was wondering if youre a wanted felon and you dont want to get caught by the popos, youre speeding down the highway and cops coming the opposite way get nervous or w.e and like its a normal reflex instead of avoiding you steer onto your path...youre alone and armed and theres 2-4 cops in the car...in my opinion i should be allowed to open fire on them right away, basically whoever gets out of the car armed in front of cops is fucked...speciallu if theyve already initiated with "get out of the car" i mean you really got no options your car is disabled, youre outnumbered and the element of surprise is gone... What are your opinions on this...

Edited by Destroyer
krypton corrected my title

If they're initiated by saying "APD out of the car" or some other demand (or have sirens on), then yes, you are well within your right to fire.  If they have not said anything, then you must either initiate, or wait for them to initiate on you.  Otherwise, it's RDM.  Just crashing into someone is not Initiation.

All im saying apd has all the odds to win there, you got no escape your car is disabled and they will most likely capture you, now if you had no bounty or like 5k then w.e, but lots of times ove been driving fine on my side of the road and some derp from apd in a hatchback he cant control comes right onto me and then gets out yells "get out of the fucking car!!" and im fucked because by the time i get out im low health and hes got a gun aimed at me...

From personal experience I crashed into a person that was wanted and he killed me without initiating through voice. I did report it and it was determined if the officer is at fault for the crash then the person in the car, if a wanted, can shoot the officer without voice initiation. I can't remember the specific admin that told me this and I would wait for an admin to confirm this.

IMO the APD should be held to the same driving standards expected from civs.

They must stay on their side of the road, no offroading or speeding. Charges should be applied immediately and fine deducted from the bank automatically, but the server should also check if the vehicle is under blue lights and sirens and skip the charges being added under blue light conditions.

31 minutes ago, Destrah said:

From personal experience I crashed into a person that was wanted and he killed me without initiating through voice. I did report it and it was determined if the officer is at fault for the crash then the person in the car, if a wanted, can shoot the officer without voice initiation. I can't remember the specific admin that told me this and I would wait for an admin to confirm this.

Yeah, I understand the arguments from both sides, but I'd like to see if we can get an official verdict from the admins. I think there's too much uncertainty as it can depend on the admin that views the report. 

Olivia likes this
8 minutes ago, [?] Abzie said:

IMO the APD should be held to the same driving standards expected from civs.

They must stay on their side of the road, no offroading or speeding. Charges should be applied immediately and fine deducted from the bank automatically, but the server should also check if the vehicle is under blue lights and sirens and skip the charges being added under blue light conditions.

I'd be fine with this if sirens werent initation tbh. But atm driving through a city with sirens is basically suicide.

LOL so you can just hop out and spray their car if they crash into you?

Okay, good to know.

I usually just sit in the car and wait for voice initiation, and then hop out and shoot, but that's good to know.

Also, is the cop allowed to shoot you immediately under any circumstances but sirens and/or initiation before-hand?

Edited by Vanilla Coke
5 hours ago, Destroyer said:

I was wondering if youre a wanted felon and you dont want to get caught by the popos, youre speeding down the highway and cops coming the opposite way get nervous or w.e and like its a normal reflex instead of avoiding you steer onto your path...youre alone and armed and theres 2-4 cops in the car...in my opinion i should be allowed to open fire on them right away, basically whoever gets out of the car armed in front of cops is fucked...speciallu if theyve already initiated with "get out of the car" i mean you really got no options your car is disabled, youre outnumbered and the element of surprise is gone... What are your opinions on this...

When did it become normal reflexes to purposely drive into someone?  I dont agree with the "i want to be able to RDM because of an accident" argument either.  Its honestly too easy to initiate RP.  Im my experience one of 3 things happen. 1) Person stores the gun in the car gets out and talks, 2) they dont get out at all I repair their car and let them leave, and 3) they get out shooting out of control.  This being an RP server I find it pretty douchy to just get out and start shooting for either side.  

Olivia likes this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

When did it become normal reflexes to purposely drive into someone?  I dont agree with the "i want to be able to RDM because of an accident" argument either.  Its honestly too easy to initiate RP.  Im my experience one of 3 things happen. 1) Person stores the gun in the car gets out and talks, 2) they dont get out at all I repair their car and let them leave, and 3) they get out shooting out of control.  This being an RP server I find it pretty douchy to just get out and start shooting for either side.  

Do you really think you guys would just repair the car of someone with 100k+ bounty and let him go lol, and even if i stored the gun they would search

2 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

LOL so you can just hop out and spray their car if they crash into you?

Okay, good to know.

I usually just sit in the car and wait for voice initiation, and then hop out and shoot, but that's good to know.

Also, is the cop allowed to shoot you immediately under any circumstances but sirens and/or initiation before-hand?

Sitting in the car and waiting for voice while there is 1 cop alone would be fine but when its 2 cop cars riding together or 1 car with more than 2 cops youre going down for sure if in 1 mag you dont kill them all or have time to take cover and engage again.

7 hours ago, Chau said:

If a cop crashes into me, i will get out of my car and kill him without saying anything. I've never been banned for doing it and multiple admins have told me that it's okay.

This is what i wanted to know because yesterday it happened again and if it wasnt because my gang was really close they wouldve gotten me, i waited in the car for initiation while trying to back up and hide behind a bridge for cover, my first thought was hop out and tell them not to get out but they were out of the car before i could finish thinking that...for example one of my gangmates bounty is really high and by accident a cop car crashes into us or makes us steer off the road to avoid a crash then makes a uturn to come towards us...if we have a bounty over lets say 50k or even less it should be alright to not rp then the officer will check if we were wanted and will know the reason.

25 minutes ago, Destroyer said:

This is what i wanted to know because yesterday it happened again and if it wasnt because my gang was really close they wouldve gotten me, i waited in the car for initiation while trying to back up and hide behind a bridge for cover, my first thought was hop out and tell them not to get out but they were out of the car before i could finish thinking that...for example one of my gangmates bounty is really high and by accident a cop car crashes into us or makes us steer off the road to avoid a crash then makes a uturn to come towards us...if we have a bounty over lets say 50k or even less it should be alright to not rp then the officer will check if we were wanted and will know the reason.

If you crash as stated and cop turns around to come check, you can initiate with him verbally too. Tell him to turn around immediately and leave. If he continues forward, blow him away.  It doesn't HAVE to be the cop initiating.

55 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

If I am at fault for crashing into them, I just pretend they are not wanted and repair their car, apologize, and move on.  And yes, that applies to even 100k+ bounties.

I've also just been gunned down in those situations and don't feel they are in the wrong when I am at fault for the crash.

Nice guy Jimmy.

To touch on this. Generally you should try to initiate RP any time you're going to shoot someone. However in a situation like this. A good cop would look the other way if he was the one that caused the accident. Now if the civ is the one that crashed into the cop, maybe you should think about attending a driving school :P

As Lagrange said, we generally will not ban for this. However if we see people intentionally crashing into cops or vise versa just so they can kill them. You bet we are going to punish you for attempting to exploit the system. 

Now as a civilian,  if you crash into another civilian, you must initiate RP, as there is no reason to have to shoot each other over it.

LaGrange and Reavantos like this
5 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

If I am at fault for crashing into them, I just pretend they are not wanted and repair their car, apologize, and move on.  And yes, that applies to even 100k+ bounties.

I've also just been gunned down in those situations and don't feel they are in the wrong when I am at fault for the crash.

i wish id see more cops like you around, the ones i encounter are super money hungry, most dont even rp at all but once in a while i find a great apd officer who HAS TIME to talk a bit not just shoot, down, give ticket, send to jail...and on to the next paycheck he can find

Edited by Destroyer
3 hours ago, Google™ said:

If you're complaining about getting caught by cops constantly, play SMARTER, get BETTER.

i shouldnt have to get downed and arrested because i got into a car accident that shouldnt have happened or if so i should be allowed to get out and defend myself to not get caught, keep in mind it all depends on the situation, today it happened to me like 10 minutes after posting a response here and it was the officers fault so i didnt care why he crashed into me and just lit him up, reason for my way of thinking is how many cops ive encountered where they fucked up and they find some sort of way to get me anyways trough the system, and i do understand it sucks on the cops part to just get shot at from a car accident but only if the person is wanted its allowed if you got like 1k bounty then why the hell even be worried about it