Bounty Hunting

Going to be honest have looked far to see if anyone has stated this so don't roast me. 

Bounty hunting needs a bit a bit of a face-lift. I have gone around asking people if they would go into bounty hunting and why. Surprisingly, a majority of people said they would get bounties doing cartels, doing Feds, or banks making those bounties basically nullified due to the fact they are most likely running with a decently sized gang that would destroy a solo bounty hunter. What I feel there should be is like a perk worth around 20,000 honor and it makes it so bounties are around 5-6 km away at most and if there are no bounties within that range then bounties are not restricted to distance. For example I am for example in Kavala with full gear and I get 4 bounties in Sofia. It just isn't worth killing myself or driving all the way over there to risk them leaving the server, dying and spawning somewhere far, or driving to another city. With this perk it would encourage people to actually bounty hunt instead of expecting to get far bounties only worth 5k and fully kitted gang members.

please no roasts thanks

Blind Berserker and SafeMode like this
Just now, Twix said:

I understand the hunting part but having to work for over 30 minutes to catch one guy worth 5k in Sofia? Better off doing weed in a quad bike

If people got to pick and chose bounties the system would be broken, BH on Asylum servers is pretty amazing tbh.  On other servers vigi just get the list of wanted people and 0 way to track them. You just run into people by chance then try to arrest them.  On Asylum you're given so many tools. Does it suck to get low bounties? Sure, but you just arrest them and move onto the next.  

Just now, HotWings said:

If people got to pick and chose bounties the system would be broken, BH on Asylum servers is pretty amazing tbh.  On other servers vigi just get the list of wanted people and 0 way to track them. You just run into people by chance then try to arrest them.  On Asylum you're given so many tools. Does it suck to get low bounties? Sure, but you just arrest them and move onto the next.  

I understand what you are saying but imagine just becoming a bounty hunter with the like 10k you have in your bank in Kavala  and your first 4 bounty are 20km away in Sofia. It's discouraging.

Edited by Twix
Just now, Twix said:

I understand what you are saying but imagine just becoming a bounty hunter with the like 10k you have in your bank in Kavala  and your first 4 bounty are 20km away in Sofia. It's discouraging.

Why are you trying to do an expensive job with no money?  I never understand why new players try to run drugs and shit with no money. If you cant afford to lose a few times you shouldn't be doing that job yet.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Why are you trying to do an expensive job with no money?  I never understand why new players try to run drugs and shit with no money. If you cant afford to lose a few times you shouldn't be doing that job yet.

I'm saying new players in Kavala persay with like 50-60k they are going to be stingy about their money and not kill themselves and lose their load out to resonance in Sofia, buy a gun,(risk having the guy log while you respawn) get the guy, and kill your self to respawn back in Kavala.

Just now, Twix said:

I'm saying new players in Kavala persay with like 50-60k they are going to be stingy about their money and not kill themselves and lose their load out to resonance in Sofia, buy a gun,(risk having the guy log while you respawn) get the guy, and kill your self to respawn back in Kavala.

You dont HAVE to respawn tho.  The same premise still stands tho, if you cant afford to take on some lose its probably not a good job to do.  If its more cost effective to run small trucks of weed or diamonds do so until you can afford to lose money here and there to profit.  I ran copper for a week or so before I tried more dangerous things.

Just now, HotWings said:

You dont HAVE to respawn tho.  The same premise still stands tho, if you cant afford to take on some lose its probably not a good job to do.  If its more cost effective to run small trucks of weed or diamonds do so until you can afford to lose money here and there to profit.  I ran copper for a week or so before I tried more dangerous things.

But the time to get from Kavala to Sofia in a car taking the main road is a a massive waste of time and could cost someone their bounty once they get close. I once was driving from Kavala to Sofia and when I was passing salt mine he logged off ... So I wasted time and effort to get to him

Just now, Twix said:

But the time to get from Kavala to Sofia in a car taking the main road is a a massive waste of time and could cost someone their bounty once they get close. I once was driving from Kavala to Sofia and when I was passing salt mine he logged off ... So I wasted time and effort to get to him

He could be at weed field and log out before you get there too.  Its a risk reward system. You cant just talk a big portion of the risk of wasting time away because its inconvenient.  I totally get what youre saying, I just dont see a problem with the issue myself.  

There should be a list of the top ten most wanted players on the server that any bounty hunter can arrest. The most wanted list. Other than that, bounty hunters should be able to choose their four bounties from a list. However, to make things less griefy, there needs to be a threshold implemented for what constitutes a player being able to be hunted by bounty hunters. If your bounty is under 10k, you shouldn't be able to be harassed by BHs, only the cops, lol. As the system is right now its obviously broken because all anybody ever does is bounty hunt and they go after players with 2k bounties which just pisses people off and there is no point for having possible bounties that low other than to grief new spawns. 

TL;DR 

Make minimum bounty level requirement for BH to hunt be at least 10k, no more small, worthless bounties pls. 

Atlas1 likes this

Also, I'd ask they do something with the aggression system where if someone is aggressive to you and you down and restrain them, you wont get charged for the restrain, that would do wonders. In other words, create some sort of self-defense mechanism with the aggression system however it can best be done even if it isn't perfect something is better than nothing.

Just now, BigDeluxe said:

Also, I'd ask they do something with the aggression system where if someone is aggressive to you and you down and restrain them, you wont get charged for the restrain, that would do wonders. In other words, create some sort of self-defense mechanism with the aggression system however it can best be done even if it isn't perfect something is better than nothing.

This would be fucking beautiful. Also, I don't know if this is a thing haven't noticed it but what if you could down and restrain group/gang members without getting a 1.5k bounty for them within like 1-2km?

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Balance. BHs get some good bounties, they get some shit bounties. Sometimes they have to track down the little guys before they can get the big guys.

that is not at all want happens, nobody goes after little guys, they DC and get new bounties. and that is not balance. Balance would be having a race to get the guys on top, and then the guys in the middle are contracted out up to 4 bounties max just like it already is.

So basically @Gnashes, since you are fixing the softlogging I wanna know if you think that will bring more people to bounty hunt. If we don't add something that shows people you can actually get a bounty nearish to you and not someone in butt fuck sofia, then we are going to lose the few bounty hunters we already have.

Just now, ian88 said:

Bounty Hunting needs a buff in general

Bounty hunting got a massive buff not too long ago, and its actually in a very awesome place.  You need to travel to get your bounties.  It makes sense, they're not going to hard code in easy mode, bounties right next to me stuff.

Just now, HotWings said:

Bounty hunting got a massive buff not too long ago, and its actually in a very awesome place.  You need to travel to get your bounties.  It makes sense, they're not going to hard code in easy mode, bounties right next to me stuff.

The Buffs where necessary two skip bases and downing time went from 15 seconds to 30. Im talking about a buff to the talent in  general

Just now, Gnashes said:

Arrests by day:

16966100cc9f68d61dc9be0ba987558d.png

In the event you missed my point, that curve needs to be closer to what it was last summer.

if you want the cops to get arrests, have them leave the spawn points and go out on patrols. Roleplay. Have a system and procedure for traffic stops. basically, be better cops and don't robocop just because you can. 

Right now, cops only seem to wear UC clothes and go to drug fields. Other than that, they stay in a populated area just like noob BHs. 

Right now, there is literally no difference between cop and BH except one doesn't need zipties to restrain. 

6 hours ago, Twix said:

Don't start off in a combat role. Unless you can buy two of whatever you're wearing, don't wear it.

The grind sucks, sure, but it's what makes sure we don't have plebs running around in Kavala with MK-I's off of the start. The license to get it costs more than their initial bank account.

22 hours ago, Twix said:

That's part of the job though. As Gnashes said, sometimes you get shit bounties, sometimes you get good ones. It ultimately comes down to what you want to do with your time while playing. If you can't justify driving from point A to point B for a bounty, then don't. Simple as that. Perhaps you should find something else to do if there aren't good/reasonable bounties on at the time when you are.

Even if it became a perk, I think anything that limits distance will encourage city-camping and soft logging. I definitely agree with @Budbringer though - a talent that removes the 2.5k/3ks from your list would be awesome.