Cop seized my carrier lites?

Ok so yesterday I was moving all of my stuff from one house to the other with a hemmet. 8 carrier lites and 150 scotch. ~snip~ pulled over and since my friend had a bounty and I had given him keys It was a total L. My friend jumped out while I was going like 80kmh but anyways... When everything was seized... the carrier lites were gone too. Im confused because I didn't think they were illegal so do any of y'all know why they vanished?

Just now, ICP | Drex said:

So is there any possible way the carrier lites got placed in the cops vehicle for personal use?

Of course. Cops could have a friend come and take the 150 scotch out of the cop car if they really wanted to.

They wouldn't likely stay whitelisted very long, but they're more than welcome to try.

6 minutes ago, ICP | Drex said:

So is there any possible way the carrier lites got placed in the cops vehicle for personal use?

Anything that gets seized goes into the officer's car, you could have asked him for the carrier lites and providing you were being compliant I see no reason as to why he wouldn't let you.

Protip, don't transfer shit with a bounty. 

Olivia likes this
Just now, Legit said:

Anything that gets seized goes into the officer's car, you could have asked him for the carrier lites and providing you were being compliant I see no reason as to why he wouldn't let you.

oh I wasn't but I took a long with me. I was just trying to be nice because shortly after i was going to make both of us money.

Just now, Legit said:

And the part where you said it goes into his car... he had no idea what I was talking about when I said hey did you get my carrier lites. He said it was a server issue and that I just need to make a comp report. 

42 minutes ago, ICP | Drex said:

And the part where you said it goes into his car... he had no idea what I was talking about when I said hey did you get my carrier lites. He said it was a server issue and that I just need to make a comp report. 

But yea didn't even see them in my car didn't notice at all just went to hq to seize the scotch so no one could steal my car and get that free shit had no idea the other stuff was in there.

Edited by Innateocean
1 hour ago, Innateocean said:

But yea didn't even see them in my car didn't notice at all just went to hq to seize the scotch so no one could steal my car and get that free shit had no idea the other stuff was in there.

yeah it's no big deal. i understand. I did send a message to the police asking if you had them in there but it's whatever. 

47 minutes ago, ICP | Drex said:

so when you seize the scotch does it go in the nearest vehicle? like in the inventory? or what?

16 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

When illegal items are seized, they will be placed in the nearest Police Vehicle.

Yup.  Unless you're in an HQ.  If anything is seized while in an HQ, those items go immediately into evidence and are irretrievable. 

When not in an HQ, cops must seize the items into a police car (I believe one has to be within 30 meters or so) and then those items must be seized from the police car into evidence at an HQ later.

In the future, I would try asking the cop to return any legal items that were accidentally seized.  We don't have an official policy regarding this however it should be pretty common sense that the cop should return everything they didn't mean to seize.  It's a fairly rare situation, but try it next time!

2 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Yup.  Unless you're in an HQ.  If anything is seized while in an HQ, those items go immediately into evidence and are irretrievable. 

When not in an HQ, cops must seize the items into a police car (I believe one has to be within 30 meters or so) and then those items must be seized from the police car into evidence at an HQ later.

In the future, I would try asking the cop to return any legal items that were accidentally seized.  We don't have an official policy regarding this however it should be pretty common sense that the cop should return everything they didn't mean to seize.  It's a fairly rare situation, but try it next time!

yeah i did, but idk it was like he didn't realize he had them until he drove to the hq of something like that idk 

14 minutes ago, Subaru said:

Shouldn't have been transporting illegal goods and pick up friends that have bounties...  :shrug:

Why are you blaming him when clearly the server is at fault for retrieving his legal items? Yes, his scotch got seized but that doesn't mean that his carrier lites should. You should be talking with a dev in order to get this fixed, not laughing at his face. 

PeytonCx, FudgeR and BioHazard like this
2 hours ago, massi said:

Why are you blaming him when clearly the server is at fault for retrieving his legal items? Yes, his scotch got seized but that doesn't mean that his carrier lites should. You should be talking with a dev in order to get this fixed, not laughing at his face. 

Nobody is blaming him, nobody is laughing... Lighten up...  He put in a comp, the admins might comp for the vests...

56 minutes ago, ICP | Drex said:

Thanks i see Subaru's point but I also see Massi's point. The comment had an aggressive tone, but I don't think he was laughing either.

If you don't get your vests comped PM me I toss some money your way...

TBH if it is a bug then it is not his fault and no one should be laughing (which no one was but ok...) but if this is a known feature oh well you live and you learn.

BioHazard likes this
20 minutes ago, Innateocean said:

If you don't get your vests comped PM me I toss some money your way...

TBH if it is a bug then it is not his fault and no one should be laughing (which no one was but ok...) but if this is a known feature oh well you live and you learn.

Okay I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, massi said:

What money did he use to purchase those legal goods? Probably money that he never paid taxes on and that he earned from doing illegal activities. ;)

Asset forfeiture baby!

Edited by Destrah
11 hours ago, Subaru said:

Nobody is blaming him, nobody is laughing... Lighten up...  He put in a comp, the admins might comp for the vests...

I wasn't comped but i'm going to let it go. I'm honestly looking even dumber as this topic continues. It's just that until I lost the vest I wasn't aware of the seizing system I always thought the stuff vanished. I'm glad I know that now so it's all good... 

2 hours ago, ICP | Drex said:

I wasn't comped but i'm going to let it go. I'm honestly looking even dumber as this topic continues. It's just that until I lost the vest I wasn't aware of the seizing system I always thought the stuff vanished. I'm glad I know that now so it's all good... 

Personally to put it how it is I think that not getting comped for that is bullshit. I know admins work hard at times but honestly that is a complete failure on their part.

And I'm usually the first one to back the admins, in every post that slates them, yet I simply cannot defend them here as I do not agree with anything that has happened from the Admins as a result of this thread. 

Edited by BioHazard