Question about restraints

Sorry if im asking this in the wrong place but i couldn't figure out where to "ask the admins" short of messaging them directly. What are the rules with a bounty hunter restraining someone with no bounty on them, in a group with no bounties on any of them. Shooting us down with rubber bullets and leaving some of us restrained while they drive away. I had to wait for someone else in my gang to come untie me which took almost 10 minutes... Is this legal? Is this bannable? I have video of them restraining me and leaving me for multiple minute but not all the way up until my friend finally comes and releases me. Personally i fell like thats trolling of griefing.

Like thats not considered taking them hostage? so theres no time limit on when id have to release them by. I can initiate with people, restrain them, rob them, and leave them. I dont have to give a damn about them being stuck in the middle of BFE unable to call for help outside side chat?

Just now, fujitsu said:

Like thats not considered taking them hostage? so theres no time limit on when id have to release them by. I can initiate with people, restrain them, rob them, and leave them. I dont have to give a damn about them being stuck in the middle of BFE unable to call for help outside side chat?

No there is no rule against leaving people restrained.  Civilian handcuffs will automatically break after 10 minutes.

Crazy... okay well, guess im gonna be pissing a lot of people off now ^_^

Admins, consider a rule change here... a couple other big RP servers have similar rules in place, and this is pretty toxic behavior so yeah, maybe actually consider doing something about this. Bc i will be doing a lot of this now

Edited by fujitsu
8 minutes ago, fujitsu said:

Sorry if im asking this in the wrong place but i couldn't figure out where to "ask the admins" short of messaging them directly. What are the rules with a bounty hunter restraining someone with no bounty on them, in a group with no bounties on any of them. Shooting us down with rubber bullets and leaving some of us restrained while they drive away. I had to wait for someone else in my gang to come untie me which took almost 10 minutes... Is this legal? Is this bannable? I have video of them restraining me and leaving me for multiple minute but not all the way up until my friend finally comes and releases me. Personally i fell like thats trolling of griefing.

As long as they properly initiate on you visual hostile intent followed by a command or a command followed by a punishment etc *points gun at you* "Put your hands up!" would be proper or "Hands up or be shot!".

Nothing against restraining people...but its all about initiation..

If a BH comes up to the group and does not say something to you directly to initiate and he shoots you down for no reason that's RDM and not allowed.

The BH will only get banned if you have 5 mins of video prior to the incident and you report him through the proper channels.

If the BH initiated on a gang member then because of the agro system your entire Gang is now initiated and that BH can take everyone down

who has a red name with out initiating on every single person in the gang.

Leaving some one restrained is part of Asylum.. we do it all the time!

There is a thread called Asylum FAQ area where you can ask this. I don't have a link at hand to it. 

As as everyone has said, there is no rule agains it, zipties break after 10 minutes. If for some reason they don't break, you are allowed to disconnect after 10 minutes of being restrained with out having any interaction in those 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, fujitsu said:

Be careful bout the ten min if u log with people holding u longer then 10min some admins will claim its a grey area and ban u even tho the rules plainly state u can log after 10 min. Good luck man hope u never have to deal with certain admins.

57 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Be careful bout the ten min if u log with people holding u longer then 10min some admins will claim its a grey area and ban u even tho the rules plainly state u can log after 10 min. Good luck man hope u never have to deal with certain admins.

You can only log after 10 minutes if you have not been interacted with by your kidnapper in that 10 minute window.

If they are talking to you and such then it's combat logging.

Edited by KevinOB
32 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

You can only log after 10 minutes if you have not been interacted with by your kidnapper in that 10 minute window.

28 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Well said Kevin.  

I COULDNT HAVE SAID THAT BETTER MYSELF :)

where was that rule when we used to kidnap durga?

bigjohn561 likes this
48 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Like I stated before it depends on the admin. I was told after 10min u can log out(by a admin).. And if u read civ rule #3 it plainly states if u are in civ restraints you are allowed to Log WITHOUT punishment.

Edited by bigjohn561
I'll get a screen shot of it if ur not able to log on server yourself and read it.
23 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Like I stated before it depends on the admin. I was told after 10min u can log out(by a admin).. And if u read civ rule #3 it plainly states if u are in civ restraints you are allowed to Log WITHOUT punishment.

You're right.

98422a704b87088af0a0050ca8cce317.png

Until something is stated, I'd do what I said. 

Cop are allowed to keep people longer than 10 minutes because of combat, and transporting people to hq can be time consuming so people are not allowed to log if restrained for over 10 minutes by a cop unless you have been ignored for 10 minutes. 

And I think at some point in time people took that rule into consideration for civilians as well.
A lot of people follow it as that, so I would still not log after 10 minutes for you're own sake.

Also that could be way out of date. Not 100% sure though.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

like I stated it depends on the admin...  "Grey Area" was also told u should state I am not happy with this rp and then log out lol..

Regardless of the admin, I would do whatever you have to do to not get banned.
Maybe we can get a proper statement about it from a CM.

Just now, KevinOB said:

Or try and rp with them. A lot of the time people who kidnap you do some fun stuff. 
Try to go along with it. ^^

time is money! I enjoy making money most of the time.. if u kidnap someone that's just trying to make money then its not fun for them imo..

but if im just goofing around then yea.. but most of the rp is... withdraw money from the atm and give it to me.. or.... I don't like the color of ur shirt BAM!!!!!!!!!