Gang members can initiate a rob on someone, even if not involved, through text??

We had a scumbag from Divinity on server three chase me and my buddy for miles through altis in a car chase, inevitably for him to stop in the road, and snipe my friend from afar. But one of the gang members from divinity, one who was completely uninvolved, was the one who sent the text for us to pull over saying, and I quote, "Pull over so we can make your death easier, Shitler"

Obviously continuing so we wouldnt be killed, someone from the same gang, who actually was chasing us, yet he was 100% alone, is able to kill us.

I then proceeded to message him and he claims to have initiated roleplay through text, when in fact this specific player did NOT. Someone uninvolved from his gang did.

Can I actually report him? And is this actually a loophole in the rules of this game? Because thats a very clear minipulation of server rule logic.

But on the other side of this loophole, he still was not the player to inintiate the roleplay. ANd was in fact completely alone but had a friend from somewhere way the hell away message us on his behalf.

3 minutes ago, Scottie8D said:

We had a scumbag from Divinity on server three chase me and my buddy for miles through altis in a car chase, inevitably for him to stop in the road, and snipe my friend from afar. But one of the gang members from divinity, one who was completely uninvolved, was the one who sent the text for us to pull over saying, and I quote, "Pull over so we can make your death easier, Shitler"

Obviously continuing so we wouldnt be killed, someone from the same gang, who actually was chasing us, yet he was 100% alone, is able to kill us.

I then proceeded to message him and he claims to have initiated roleplay through text, when in fact this specific player did NOT. Someone uninvolved from his gang did.

Can I actually report him? And is this actually a loophole in the rules of this game? Because thats a very clear minipulation of server rule logic.

But on the other side of this loophole, he still was not the player to inintiate the roleplay. ANd was in fact completely alone but had a friend from somewhere way the hell away message us on his behalf.

You will find that Asylum's rules are a lot more "combat favored" than other Altis Life servers where the admins try to find a reason to ban you if you even think about killing civilians. Just spend some time here and get to know the differences in the rules. It may take a while to adjust.

Olivia and Patrick like this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Gang initiation is a thing.

The other side to this is that you can shoot his gangmates, any of his gangmates, after that point as well.

But in some cases, like RDM zones, (Wongs, Chopsshops) Where the radius for KOS is 300m I feel this should apply to initiating from afar. Wouldnt you?

Just now, Scottie8D said:

But in some cases, like RDM zones, (Wongs, Chopsshops) Where the radius for KOS is 300m I feel this should apply to initiating from afar. Wouldnt you?

You can shoot into a redzone from anywhere, but you can't shoot out of a redzone past 300m until you initiate with that individual or that gang.

Olivia likes this
3 minutes ago, M0T4RD said:
2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Anyone inside of an illegal area may be shot by anyone outside of the illegal area and it would not be RDM.

You can shoot into a redzone from anywhere, but you can't shoot out of a redzone past 300m until you initiate with that individual or that gang.

I know those rules, But my point is that these gang members can have any of their buddies initiate from afar. EVEN 300+ meters. Im saying it'd make more sence for these damn rules to favor the players who play more peacfully. And not giving the gang members a way to Litterally, by definintion, RDM. Without themselves doing the intiating. I think its ridiculous that this player cant and wont be banned, and then puffs his chest because he's exploiting a ridiculous rule to the best of his ability.

Such as having a gang member on the other half of altis doing his initiating for him. At what point does this server uphold its own RP rules without contradicting another rule.

1 minute ago, Scottie8D said:

I know those rules, But my point is that these gang members can have any of their buddies initiate from afar. EVEN 300+ meters. Im saying it'd make more sence for these damn rules to favor the players who play more peacfully. And not giving the gang members a way to Litterally, by definintion, RDM. Without themselves doing the intiating. I think its ridiculous that this player cant and wont be banned, and then puffs his chest because he's exploiting a ridiculous rule to the best of his ability.

Such as having a gang member on the other half of altis doing his initiating for him. At what point does this server uphold its own RP rules without contradicting another rule.

Asylum is minimal RP. An extremely competitive environment also. Peace sucks a hairy asshole and war is the motherfucking answer. As far as holding up rules, if a rule is broken, and you have sufficient evidence, they get banned, no questions asked.

Edited by M0T4RD
8 hours ago, Scottie8D said:

8 hours ago, Scottie8D said:

a friend from somewhere way the hell away message us on his behalf.

7 hours ago, Trilligy said:

The gang thing only works for people in the area (the area isn't clarified anywhere and varies dependent on admin). This is to prevent people from a gang going crazy all over the map killing each other in a all out war because if you wanted to do this we have a war button for the gang.

I was previously told, however, that this is in fact allowed? And this is called "Gang initiation"?

8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Gang initiation is a thing.

The other side to this is that you can shoot his gangmates, any of his gangmates, after that point as well.

Someones idea of the rules of roleplay initiation is confused. And I think that rule needs to be revised. I was very clear when I stated that the person who initiated the text to us was completely uninvolved in my friends murder. HE was across altis, whilst his friend relayed names to him using an exploit where you can see names from a distance. ANd the person that killed us initiated nothing. HE only killed us because his friend initiated fror him from across altis.

21 minutes ago, Scottie8D said:

Someones idea of the rules of roleplay initiation is confused. And I think that rule needs to be revised. I was very clear when I stated that the person who initiated the text to us was completely uninvolved in my friends murder. HE was across altis, whilst his friend relayed names to him using an exploit where you can see names from a distance. ANd the person that killed us initiated nothing. HE only killed us because his friend initiated fror him from across altis.

"Exploit" No friendo, thats called holding tilde over someone, it shows their name at a distance, its an intentional feature to allow for long range initiation through text.

If his friend told you if you did not do something you would die, he is totally in the ok to kill you, that is gang initation and is ok. 

I believe what trilligy was referring too is the fact that if someone (In a gang) initiates with someone (In a gang), it dosent mean that people across the map who are in the two individials gangs can start fighting. HOWEVER, as the individual that text you is now part of the scenerio, as is the guy chasing you (Because they are in the same gang and gave you a threat), they are both ok to shoot you.

Its an odd rule, but it works and people enjoy it.

Edited by Hiraku
The Boss likes this
26 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

Doesn't make much sense does it? Why didn't they just start a wasteland server? Oh well, I enjoy it for the most part.

If you are worried about dying, then comply. Provided you comply with reasonable demands, you cannot be killed without another rp reason. All too often I see players upset because they were murdered, yet decided to run away or shoot, instead of comply with the persons demands.

11 hours ago, Scottie8D said:

" Wong’s food cart – Range: Inside of the building where the shop is located " someone needs to update the name and i think it's court not cart, not sure though :D 

Olivia likes this
23 hours ago, M0T4RD said:

You will find that Asylum's rules are a lot more "combat favored" than other Altis Life servers where the admins try to find a reason to ban you if you even think about killing civilians. Just spend some time here and get to know the differences in the rules. It may take a while to adjust.

Hahaha that's a great way of putting it.  And it's why I have no desire to try other Altis Life servers

Treeontyn, M0T4RD and Kernikov like this