Jailing Suggestion

typical career cop suggestion.  

Wants to punish people for playing the game the way it was created.

EDIT:  And you wonder why the APD is so screwed up?  If it was up to the "captain" we wouldn't be suggesting this idiot idea, he would have implemented it.   lolololol

Edited by blinky
2 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Just a few points. 

1.Out of all the things wrong with the APD why would you focus time and effort on a system that already works perfectly fine. Always has. always will. This isn't A3L. 

2. As a Captain you seem to have really bought into the whole cop vs civ mentality which is disappointing. Perhaps you should try some rebel activities or wear some gang tags and see how you get treated, just get another perspective of the variety of ways people in the community play asylum. You seem far to focused on what big gangs do and not how such a policy would effect every type of player. Not everyone has 10 or so friends in a gang able to successfully break them out of jail or the ability to convince a jury.

3. mk20 is a great weapon in the right hands, for both ranged and CQC engagements. Cop load-outs do not cost that much for the average constable, higher ups spend more but they should also make more due to the higher amount of time they play cop. Anyone coming back 5-6 times with a load-out maybe shouldn't be allowed to buy one. 

4. Playing cop is the single most easy way to make money on asylum. Requires no-little effort for some and big returns for the collective work of all officers.  

5. Budbringer is spot on for a lot of this. The fact is that one or two players who can lead or shoot on cop make the world of difference in any fight. I'm honestly tired of hearing how one sided the bank is.  It's not the bank its the teams, the players on either side. You have people in gangs with over 2000+ hours fighting a big mix of players with variable experience, people who might have only played a few weeks. To find any cop who tries to discuss a strategy or to lead is very rare, its not just a higher up issue but when these players are active its game changing for scenarios such as the bank.  

You know what would be interesting, take an average channel of cops and make them defend the bank against a gang who will play as cop. I'd bet my whole asylum account that the gang cops would win, in ANY scenario. 

If you want this to change you'd need to find experienced players of asylum willing to contribute to the APD or meet requirements for promotion. That is a real issue, attracting experienced players for higher roles in the APD. 

Inqi for Captain

Isper and DreamC like this

I find it's often pretty easy to get out of jail just by requesting a Trial by Jury.  I think I get out about 80% of the time by doing this.  Perhaps tack on a 10% fee (based on your bounty) for the court fees (scheduling, paperwork, paying the jury, etc) when you request trial.  This fee could be for all requests or applied if you are found guilty.  It's just another thing someone would consider before paying a ticket, choosing jail, or requesting a trial.

With regard to the lack of Cop RP... while I find there are a number of cops that won't listen to any RP there are a lot of us out there that would prefer to RP a scenario regardless of the size of the bounty.  For me you get out of an RP situation what you put into it.  I find all to often that the bigger gangs spend their time trolling the cops trying to RP with their gang mate rather than letting the RP play out.  In those cases what do you expect?  I think there is room for improvement on both sides...

The penalty for not paying your ticket is jail time.  Why should you still have to pay after you already elected not to pay.

45 minutes of doing nothing is pretty frustrating as is.  When I get caught, I lose my loadout (25k) and my time.  Not fun.  Why should I lose another 50 to 100k every time I get caught by the cops.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

Between the horrible cops and the straight to jail charges, being sent to jail should not pull money from my bank account in any fashion.  80% of the time I give a good RP story and the cops still either give me a full ticket or a 50% ticket.  Both of which result in me going to jail.  So yeah, fuck handing yourself in with the way 95% of the cops are.

I have better luck handing myself in a for a trial by combat than I do RPing a reduction.

I like the idea of maybe if you fail to pay the ticket, you get a 5% hit or something. Will promote more RP then just send me to jail to afk. You guys know who you are { Wink }. But i understand with the issues with being dealing with a robocop. Most cops who play civ deal with it also. This will get addressed overtime. Anytime this happens on S3, please record it and let it be known with a higher up to make sure we only give you guys the best. 

32 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

I like the idea of maybe if you fail to pay the ticket, you get a 5% hit or something. Will promote more RP then just send me to jail to afk. You guys know who you are { Wink }. But i understand with the issues with being dealing with a robocop. Most cops who play civ deal with it also. This will get addressed overtime. Anytime this happens on S3, please record it and let it be known with a higher up to make sure we only give you guys the best. 

This idea is severely beneficial to the APD, directly detrimental to the rebels, and thus is completely inbalanced.

2 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

This idea is severely beneficial to the APD, directly detrimental to the rebels, and thus is completely inbalanced.

5% of a ticket is not much, kinda like tax you pay for whoever is in office. 5% makes a little taste of something you can lose while going to jail to make you actually want to RP a little. This is really not anything which is going to make the Apd Rich but might improve the experience of Rp instead of just send me to jail. I actually like it since i am in it for the RP and most of the time we get people who just go mute or never want to RP. Just a suggestion but i feel it is a good one but i would bring it down to 5%. So it is pocket change :)

Just now, - RJ - said:

5% of a ticket is not much, kinda like tax you pay for whoever is in office. 5% makes a little taste of something you can lose while going to jail to make you actually want to RP a little. This is really not anything which is going to make the Apd Rich but might improve the experience of Rp instead of just send me to jail. I actually like it since i am in it for the RP and most of the time we get people who just go mute or never want to RP. Just a suggestion but i feel it is a good one but i would bring it down to 5%. So it is pocket change :)

5% of money cap is 50k, gone in an instant.

Just now, - RJ - said:

That's so one sided.  There are plenty of cops who will not give you a chance, no matter how good your story is.  It would only make cops like that sky rocket if they know they are directly hurting a rebel they are pissed at and they will take pleasure in knowing they costed you money.  Think of cops who is in a opposing gang who has a rebel in custody, they would love to fuck each other over.  Also, i've never had a problem with people not RPing and if they don't, it only hurts them because they will be AFKing for the next 45 minutes.  It's only their loss if they don't want to RP.  

24 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

So you are basically saying we would be extorted to RP? While you get paid for the incentive to RP when you should do it by default like everyone else? The point we are making is most rebels get robo copped a majority of the time, never get a reduced ticket or pardon, so why not get it over and go to jail? I will concede, though, that there are plenty of great cops out there. You just have to to be lucky.

Sheriff Rick Grimes and rngr like this
1 minute ago, Bilal Battu said:

So you are basically saying we would be extorted to RP? While you get paid for the incentive to RP when you should do it by default like everyone else? The point we are making is most rebels get robo copped a majority of the time, never get a reduced ticket or pardon, so why not get it over and go to jail? I will concede, though, that there are plenty of great cops out there. You just have to to be lucky.

Rebels get robo copped because 1 of 2 things. 

1) It's a stalling tactic to get their buddies to come save them 

2) It's the same "self defense" "forced to do it" stories.

1 minute ago, epTic said:

Rebels get robo copped because 1 of 2 things. 

1) It's a stalling tactic to get their buddies to come save them 

2) It's the same "self defense" "forced to do it" stories.

I don't see the reason where the cop is a salty cunt and says right off the bat dude he's in "insert cringy gang name here" I'm going to robo cop him so bad. Please add that to list.

rngr likes this
Just now, L1on said:

I don't see the reason where the cop is a salty cunt and says right off the bat dude he's in "insert cringy gang name here" I'm going to robo cop him so bad. Please add that to list.

I've honestly never experienced that where it wasn't deserved. 

Sure you have a few, but the majority of times I've experienced it is when it's being done to squeaker gangs who sit in Kavala with pistols and the moment they're arrested, they're screaming "FUCK U PIGGY OINK OINK OINK LOL FAGGOT". 

1 minute ago, epTic said:

I've honestly never experienced that where it wasn't deserved. 

Sure you have a few, but the majority of times I've experienced it is when it's being done to squeaker gangs who sit in Kavala with pistols and the moment they're arrested, they're screaming "FUCK U PIGGY OINK OINK OINK LOL FAGGOT". 

You'd be suprised man, people in kavala general deserve it, but you have no idea where I'll be with another cop and we bring someone to hq and he says straight off that we should robo cop them.

36 minutes ago, Bilal Battu said:

You can take money from me for not RPing on Civ when cops can be removed for not RPing.  But right now APD rules allow for robocoping.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

That's so one sided.  There are plenty of cops who will not give you a chance, no matter how good your story is.  It would only make cops like that sky rocket if they know they are directly hurting a rebel they are pissed at and they will take pleasure in knowing they costed you money.  Think of cops who is in a opposing gang who has a rebel in custody, they would love to fuck each other over.  Also, i've never had a problem with people not RPing and if they don't, it only hurts them because they will be AFKing for the next 45 minutes.  It's only their loss if they don't want to RP.  

Well then the issue is you!  If are not reporting these issues, then how do you want them to get fixed?

Edited by - RJ -
RVaders likes this
3 minutes ago, Bilal Battu said:

If its nothing then why bother? You are literally punishing people that would generally rather not deal with shittier cops by asking to go to jail or refusing a ticket.

Because the way the system is, You go to jail to Afk. If there was any cost involved { even if 5% } , it would make people at least attempt to RP on a RP server. Which most just get up and walk away from the computer when they are caught. How is that fun for anyone?

Edited by - RJ -
Just now, - RJ - said:

Because the way the system is, You go to jail to Afk. If there was any cost involved { even if 5% } , it would make people at least attempt to RP on a RP server. Which most just get up and walk away from the computer when they are caught. How is that fun for anyone?

So you want to force the civs to RP by enforcing monetary punishments when the cops themselves don't RP?  Until cops are punished for shit or no RP, then don't even think about punishing civs for it.

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

So you want to force the civs to RP by enforcing monetary punishments when the cops themselves don't RP?  Until cops are punished for shit or no RP, then don't even think about punishing civs for it.

Why look it like that? You get gas, you have a 10%, if they are nice. Tax is set to 10% for everything you buy most of the time. Why not have a 5% fee for sitting in jail? To bring you food,water and a nice big tall man to keep you company! Life is all about fee's, why not jail ? Someone needs to pay the state for keeping Tyrone in jail to keep you all company! :)

Edited by - RJ -
2 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

Why look it like that? You get gas, you have a 10%, if they are nice. Tax is set to 10% for everything you buy most of the time. Why not have a 5% fee for sitting in jail? To bring you food,water and a nice big tall man to keep you company? Life is all about fee's, why not jail ? Someone needs to pay the state for keeping Tyrone in jail to keep you all company! :)

the taxes make about 500k a day, I'm pretty sure that can pay for pain killers, blood bags and splints, seeing as that's all the prison actually gives you :)

but on a serious note, this suggestion, as mentioned many times before, just makes things unbalanced, the entire thing of a Altis Life RP Server is that cop/civ needs to be balanced, and while it is very hard to find that balance, it is extremely easy to lose it and make things unbalanced.

the way Asylum works, tbh, is pretty simple, you have 3 groups of civs, Bounty Hunters, Rebels, Kavala trolls, bounty hunters fight rebels, rebels fight cops and other rebels, cops get paid for fighting gangs, gangs get paid from banks etc, kavala trolls, well, they troll... in kavala....

if you make it so the gangs have no money, and lose money in all these ways, that means there will be no gangs rolling around, which means no bounties, which, as everyone saw when the Federal Reserve went extremely one sided, ends up in dead servers, no gangs on fighting cops, no cops on because there are no gangs which equals no bounties.

TLDR: gangs lose money, gangs go bye bye, cops go bye bye, server numbers go bye bye

8 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Altough doing the bank is easy, the biggest reason cops loses these fights is due to lack of higher ups who knows something else than RP. For instance, I can do a bank, and see the cops charge in with 3 people in a sport hatch with sgts, lts and cpts on. There are no cordination. I see cops charge the prison with quadbikes. Yes the cops are sometimes outnumbered, but the reason the cops are not feared is because, well they dont even try. I cant remember the last time I saw a tactical orca drop. Cadets usually snipe with their holo scope. Promote some people who knows how to lead the battlefield, maybe they will be feared again

We need to have the SGT+ train their ranks in Mandatory training sessions to gain some kind of skill/tactics back into the force. I've not been cop for too long but i know for sure that when higher ups aren't online and its just constables, They act with chaos, "authorizing lethals" on a 4v8 at bank. The cops have no sense of Tac comms like Budbringer said and they need to be trained or atleast given some knowledge on how to go about a situation and stop worrying about "Did we get the money for the bounty" after lethaling a HVT.