So recently I was bored on Tanoa and decided to engage on some delivery missions.  My first parcel mission netted around 2K, Georgetown to La Rochelle.  No issue.  I then decided to up the stakes a bit and do a package mission.  The ride was longer, up harder terrain, and I barely made the time.  I also got around 2K.  I thought that package missions would be more difficult and pay more.  The current system really does not make sense, and this is why I am proposing a trucking mechanic.  Here are my ideas:

1.  Ability to chose missions.  This should be a gimme.  There should be a screen where it shows available missions and the tools you need to have nearby in order to take them.  This way you can at least plan where you want to go and not have it be totally random and out of the way.  Heck, the missions can be randomized, but I should be able to have an idea of what I'm signing up to do.

2.  Standard Missions:  A normal truck or box should be able to handle most missions, and there should always (or usually) be missions between the major cities.  I should be able to, if I wanted, make decent money just trucking between Kavala and Pyrgos and back, multiple times in a row.  Each ride should net maybe 3-7K each, depending on variables or how much weight you are hauling.  These should have no time limit unless specified.  Heck, it's not like I'm doing drug runs.  These should be fairly safe grinding methods of money, trading danger and risk in exchange for time and boredom. 

3.  Risky missions:  Now, lets up the ante.  Some missions should require a Zamak or HMET on the same routes as above.  That would add a greater amount of risk and up the pay significantly.  Time limits can also be added (say you are hauling fresh fish or something).  Destinations could get riskier, with the ultimate risk being hauling a HMET boxer to a rebel outpost or Cartel.  The payout should be insane but the chances of getting robbed are near 100% at that point.

4.  Rebel tipoffs:  This could add a little extra risk.  Gangs should be able to "bribe" the truck delivery people to tip them off of major runs.  Say someone takes a mission to deliver a HMET from Kavala to Sofia.  There should be a chance of the rebels finding out.  You would have no idea until the ambush hits.  It would just add an element of risk and make the roads a bit more dangerous.

These are my two cents.  This won't be a major thing to add, and most of the elements are already there.  They just need a bit of development to really shine.

Edited by Ian Walls
2 hours ago, Ian Walls said:

So recently I was bored on Tanoa and decided to engage on some delivery missions.  My first parcel mission netted around 2K, Georgetown to La Rochelle.  No issue.  I then decided to up the stakes a bit and do a package mission.  The ride was longer, up harder terrain, and I barely made the time.  I also got around 2K.  I thought that package missions would be more difficult and pay more.  The current system really does not make sense, and this is why I am proposing a trucking mechanic.  Here are my ideas:

1.  Ability to chose missions.  This should be a gimme.  There should be a screen where it shows available missions and the tools you need to have nearby in order to take them.  This way you can at least plan where you want to go and not have it be totally random and out of the way.  Heck, the missions can be randomized, but I should be able to have an idea of what I'm signing up to do.

2.  Standard Missions:  A normal truck or box should be able to handle most missions, and there should always (or usually) be missions between the major cities.  I should be able to, if I wanted, make decent money just trucking between Kavala and Pyrgos and back, multiple times in a row.  Each ride should net maybe 3-7K each, depending on variables or how much weight you are hauling.  These should have no time limit unless specified.  Heck, it's not like I'm doing drug runs.  These should be fairly safe grinding methods of money, trading danger and risk in exchange for time and boredom. 

3.  Risky missions:  Now, lets up the ante.  Some missions should require a Zamak or HMET on the same routes as above.  That would add a greater amount of risk and up the pay significantly.  Time limits can also be added (say you are hauling fresh fish or something).  Destinations could get riskier, with the ultimate risk being hauling a HMET boxer to a rebel outpost or Cartel.  The payout should be insane but the chances of getting robbed are near 100% at that point.

4.  Rebel tipoffs:  This could add a little extra risk.  Gangs should be able to "bribe" the truck delivery people to tip them off of major runs.  Say someone takes a mission to deliver a HMET from Kavala to Sofia.  There should be a chance of the rebels finding out.  You would have no idea until the ambush hits.  It would just add an element of risk and make the roads a bit more dangerous.

These are my two cents.  This won't be a major thing to add, and most of the elements are already there.  They just need a bit of development to really shine.

Would be awesome but sadly dev's won't be adding anything anytime soon.

Crossfade and Silver-Spy like this

I like the idea and it actually could use a buff, we fail to understand something at time IMO, some activities are not designed what its called a "money maker". Some missions like DP missions and Court House are meant to be "starter money". Activities that you can do with certain ease and will give you somehow a good profit. 

When I first started I remember I made a DP mission from Kavala to Molos ... in a Quad bike, because that was all I could afford after several deaths and times robbed with all my money. That payed me around 12k iirc. Now with the ability for everyone to buy Sports HB this is easier, you could make a few starter money runs, peaches or even what I did to first afford my off road, stand by courthouse and wait for those swift 2k to pump my bank acc. Then get the Sports and do a good couple bucks in a low amount of time. And start moving up, get an off road, run diamonds, excavate, peaches. Then move to weed and do some successfully drug runs, and then find your way until you make meth by tons. 

TL;DR - They could use a buff yes. But no, not all activities are meant to give you tons of money like you want. And courthouse should not be a money making activity. Trials are requested primary for your gang mates to save you, until Gnashes disables that.

Crossfade likes this
13 hours ago, Jaeger said:

Trials are requested primary for your gang mates to save you, until Gnashes disables that.

Newest patch.

-trials only accepted for people not in gangs

-only courthouse to go to trials now kavala

-must pay 2k to attend trial

-removed not guilty option from trial

#gnashes at it again.

29 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

Newest patch.

-trials only accepted for people not in gangs

-only courthouse to go to trials now kavala

-must pay 2k to attend trial

-removed not guilty option from trial

#gnashes at it again.

Hey gnashes is patching alot of stuff for ous atm, and putting work out there for ous, why are you hating, would you rather have no developers at all?

1 hour ago, wollie35 said:

Hey gnashes is patching alot of stuff for ous atm, and putting work out there for ous, why are you hating, would you rather have no developers at all?

I'm not hating, it's funny because in the 4 or so years I've been at asylum development of the servers has been slow and they never really listened to their community much. Some ideas were put through but many were shut down. Even great ones... all because devs just couldn't be fucked. So my care factor for devs Doing shit is at a high number of 0%