Changes to Drugs, Potency and Payouts

After the addition of alcohol and the ability of aging, this brought a number of ideas in my head.  Also this will give Gangs a reason to keep Drug Cartel again.

A lot of people do not do Heroin or Cocaine due to the payout and risk involved. But what if it offered a way to use legally bought ingredients from the market to add to the drugs to increase potency and payout.

Increasing Potency would be something like this.

Cocaine-

Current Process: Unprocessed Cocaine is gathered and taken to Cocaine processing to turn into Cocaine.   

Added Process:  Baking Soda is added to market and only available there - Processed Cocaine and Baking Soda taken back to Cocaine Processing and now have the option to make "Cut Cocaine".  Time to Process will be increased compared to processing Cocaine.  (This process would not take an additional cut for the drug cartel)

"Cut Cocaine" will sell for a slightly increased value.  

IF we can use a similar "aging" process like the barrels in regular crates, if you place Cut Cocaine into your crate and let it sit through a reboot it turns into Pure Cocaine for maximum value.

Heroin-

Current Process: Opium is gathered and taken to Heroin Processing where it is turned into Heroin.

Added Process:  Taking Heroin and Pain Killers back to Heroin Processing will add the option to create Black Tar Heroin.  Time to process will be increased compared to Heroin Processing. (This process would not take an additional cut for the drug cartel)

Black Tar Heroin will sell for a slightly increased value.

Using the same aging process the Black Tar Heroin is placed into crates for the aging process to begin, after one reboot, it will turn your Black Tar Heroin into Pure Heroin.  Pure Heroin will sell for maximum value.  

*Cartel Change (s/o Fiddy Bread)*

Owner of drug cartel can exclusively use the fridge at drug cartel to "age" or "purify" new drugs at a higher capacity** (100 at a time)

**-or faster speed

-Creates urgency of contested zones.  

-Creates new scenario of transporting goods to cartels (Robberies in KOS zone)

Limitations- 

Stacks of 20, just like alcohol, are aged at a time to add a waiting period.

Make max payouts slightly higher than Meth, Meth should always be the quickest and fastest way to make money without the need to age.  

Value this adds to the servers-

-Maximum payout will only be achievable being at least a donor level 1.  

-More use of the entire map, more encounters for players of all levels.

-Cops will benefit as much as criminals.  More seizures of drugs more money to be made.

-Leading to possible implementation of APD Drug Enforcement Slots.  Talent tree of Confidential Informant adding in NPC "snitches" which give pings when cut drugs pass through cities etc. (Far Future Goal)

-Cops will learn to observe, follow, raid rather than engage directly.  Tactics.

-Gangs will now WANT to control Drug cartel again.  Increase struggle for power since that fridge is filling up faster.

-The use of legal items brings chance of wanted criminals entering populated areas to gather these items.  Creates a cat and mouse game for police to follow and observe.

Implementation and coding-

Code has been written with Alcohol on aging process.  Before the most recent patch alcohol was aging in crates.  Use removed code and add in new drug variables.  

Reusing Meth Cooking code to create the new drugs.

Low impact on mission file.

Low implementation time. 

Thoughts?  Feedback?  

Edited by Clint Beastwood
Added Cartel Idea

I don't understand why lower quality cocaine would sell for more money per unit or the idea of mixing pure heroin with something then aging it back to pure heroin.  

If anything cutting the cocaine should reduce the value but increase the amount you have to sell thus garnering a larger profit for the extra work (but making it harder to sell due to the larger "cut" quantities) and creating the black tar heroin should finish the process with a higher sale value.

Edited by HotWings

Instead of the aging barrel etc, do it like this

Drug Cartel now has a Fridge and a Barrel at the capture point; cut drugs can be brought here to 'age' (i think "purify" is a better term, maximum of xxx in barrel) and every restart a set number, say 20, will 'age'. (If you even want to make it 'cut', it can give you 30 back for every 20 aged, making it worth a bit less but still overall profit)

If a gang contests and captures the cartel after another gang placed drugs into it, they will be able to claim 1/2 of the drugs that are in the barrel, the rest will remain for the gang that placed it there

Pretty nice way of encouraging smaller gangs to try and capture the cartel, also allows for them to still be able to utilize it even after a larger gang takes it back.

The code wouldn't be too hard, the basics are in place with the alcohol aging system, and a cache would just be assigned to a gang like it is to a player for storing how many drugs are in that barrel.

Edited by Sean // Fitty Bread
Just now, HotWings said:

I don't understand why lower quality cocaine would sell for more money per unit or the idea of mixing pure heroin with something then aging it back to pure heroin.  

If anything cutting the cocaine should reduce the value but increase the amount you have to sell thus garnering a larger profit for the extra work and creating the black tar heroin should finish the process with a higher sale value.

We're never really given a quality to begin with with just "Cocaine".  I understand the differences in real life, but, this is a way to start the aging process.  

By all means we could cut the aging part out but we're not adding any incentive to having a crate.  Also not creating any additional risk for adding value.  With value the risk should follow.

It also puts another emphasis on doing meth, its still the fastest way to get money and remains as such.  But, if you're creating a quality product (Pure) by adding another "timing" you should be compensated for your time on it.

8 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

We're never really given a quality to begin with with just "Cocaine".  I understand the differences in real life, but, this is a way to start the aging process.  

By all means we could cut the aging part out but we're not adding any incentive to having a crate.  Also not creating any additional risk for adding value.  With value the risk should follow.

It also puts another emphasis on doing meth, its still the fastest way to get money and remains as such.  But, if you're creating a quality product (Pure) by adding another "timing" you should be compensated for your time on it.

I just dont see how taking a pure product (the drug was make from pure ingredients) and then diluting it with something makes it more "pure", if anything it does the exact opposite. It gives you more quantity of a lesser product right? So in the end you get as an example 40 "cut" cocaine from the stock of 20 pure cocaine.  If the price of pure is based at a 400 value you would make approx 8k with the original 20 or you can go back and create cut cocaine that sells for a base of 300 while adding an additional 20 to see giving you 12k but also increasing your time at the processor and drug dealer increasing the chances of being caught.  

I like the idea or it, but I dislike the aging idea as that really adds 0 risk for more reward. 

Edited by HotWings
3 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Instead of the aging barrel etc, do it like this

Drug Cartel now has a Fridge and a Barrel at the capture point; cut drugs can be brought here to 'age' (i think "purify" is a better term, maximum of xxx in barrel) and every restart a set number, say 20, will 'age'. (If you even want to make it 'cut', it can give you 30 back for every 20 aged, making it worth a bit less but still overall profit)

If a gang contests and captures the cartel after another gang placed drugs into it, they will be able to claim 1/2 of the drugs that are in the barrel, the rest will remain for the gang that placed it there

Pretty nice way of encouraging smaller gangs to try and capture the cartel, also allows for them to still be able to utilize it even after a larger gang takes it back.

The code wouldn't be too hard, the basics are in place with the alcohol aging system, and a cache would just be assigned to a gang like it is to a player for storing how many drugs are in that barrel.

Its a good idea.  We could do something with the cartel after the structure of the idea is implemented.  I'm trying to give something to the mid-range players while creating additional content.  

Just now, HotWings said:

I just dont see how taking a pure product (the drug was make from pure ingredients) and then diluting it with something makes it more "pure", if anything it does the exact opposite. It gives you more quantity of a lesser product right? So in the end you get as an example 40 "cut" cocaine from the stock of 20 pure cocaine.  If the price of pure is based at a 400 value you would make approx 8k with the original 20 or you can go back and create cut cocaine that sells for a base of 300 while adding an additional 20 to see giving you 12k but also increasing your time at the processor and drug dealer increasing the chances of being caught.  

I like the idea or it, but I dislike the aging idea as that really adds 0 risk for more reward.

I'm just playing off the "aging" idea of the alcohol.  There is significant risk of transporting drugs back to your house.  We might see a rise in home invasions or raids on houses.  You will think twice about where to put your loadouts and gear if your transporting large quantities and its noticed.  Not to mention the frequencies of visits to the drug dealer will be higher.  Turfs will definitely become more valuable. 

6 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

thats why i'm saying to make the 'aging' happen at the drug cartel

(see above)

Maybe an increased purifying "aging" speed (x2) or an increased aging amount (100 at a time) by owning a cartel and using that fridge.  With the risk of losing it to a rival gang would definitely bring sense of urgency when it went contested.  

I just dont want "aging" only based on cartel ownership, it takes the rest of the player base out of the benefits and it would also encourage cartel sniping in odd hours. 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

I'm just playing off the "aging" idea of the alcohol.  

I gotcha. Im just saying no need to make all of them the same.  For the heroin process you can have some sort of aging or chemical process in the house (barrel) and for coke you have the cutting process. Both add different risk thus creating new scenarios.  

Clint Beastwood likes this

I could see something like this working if your "cut cocaine" for instance had a lower weight than standard, and was worth slightly less. So normal cocaine weighs 3 (right?). You cut it with something and get 2 "cut cocaine" that are worth 70'ish percent of a normal cocaine, but they each weigh 2 (3 for the original cocaine + 1 for the cutting agent, so same weight overall). That way the extra process nets you ~40% more money. 

I'm not sure you need to use the aging process here for drugs. Cutting drugs increases profits IRL, so we could mimic that in game. 

We would need to figure out a benefit for the cartel owner, but it may just be a cut of that 2nd process as well. I'll think on that. 

6 minutes ago, bamf said:

I could see something like this working if your "cut cocaine" for instance had a lower weight than standard, and was worth slightly less. So normal cocaine weighs 3 (right?). You cut it with something and get 2 "cut cocaine" that are worth 70'ish percent of a normal cocaine, but they each weigh 2 (3 for the original cocaine + 1 for the cutting agent, so same weight overall). That way the extra process nets you ~40% more money. 

I'm not sure you need to use the aging process here for drugs. Cutting drugs increases profits IRL, so we could mimic that in game. 

We would need to figure out a benefit for the cartel owner, but it may just be a cut of that 2nd process as well. I'll think on that. 

I guess you could process twice like meth for cocaine

+1 This gives the cops/rebels/civilians more to do, Everyone is always complaining how cops don't do any roleplay, well this here could add even more roleplay for the Narcotics team as a cop. Gives a use for the Narcotics Unit. It would also increase the amount of players who run Heroin because i know that heroin isn't that big, Or atleast its the lowest of drugs that people would rather do. I see everyone prefers coke/meth over heroin. It gives a balance between all the drugs 

Edited by DeVo
added more to it

Balancing will probably be a problem (completely shutting out alcohol, one drug being blatantly better etc.), but some fine tuning will do the trick.

More passive money is cool, plus it gives an extra use for crates, more stuff for cops to do, more stuff to buy at the market.

A little bit on input, maybe make something able to be bought at rebel that makes it quicker to make "cut" cocaine or w/e w/ the heroin.

+1 well designed thread, great idea.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
11 hours ago, FeverishCone said:

I'd say instead of cut cocaine, it's crack cocaine, because IRL, water, coke, and baking soda make crack (:

How about this:

1. Cut heroin as per Bamf's idea (but with heroin instead of cocaine) : 1 heroin +1 pain killers =2 cut heroin.

2. Produce Crack Cocaine like FeverishCone suggested: 1 water + 1 cocaine + 1 baking soda = 1 Crack Cocaine.

3. Weed should get an aging process called curing, which would use aging bottles and produce Dank Kush in X amount of time/restarts.