Asylum red names

Caden

Even though red names make it essential to kill people that have injured or killed your group or gang members, I don't think it's worth all the battleeye kicks and servers crashes. I've filled up a box full of gun crafting materials and the server crashed and I lost it all. I've also filled up my boxer with coke and the server crashed again. Seems like when I'm trying to do something productive this happens. Should we just deal with server crashes with red names or remove red names and find alternatives so no server crashes and kicks?

Just now, Boris said:

The aggression system was removed, it didn't help the mass kicks.

I just don't see them being fixed at this point.

Are you sure it was removed? I saw red player names yesterday on the 11th. I've always heard the aggression system caused the kicks. But I'm not sure if that's true.

I think its more of a deep rooted issue at this point, some other communities have similar issues.  Its probably an issue in the original coding due to a BI update as opposed to something added.  It pretty much requires Paratus to address, speaking to Gnashes he and Bamf have tried all they can think of.

Caden and Steve like this
Just now, HotWings said:

I think its more of a deep rooted issue at this point, some other communities have similar issues.  Its probably an issue in the original coding due to a BI update as opposed to something added.  It pretty much requires Paratus to address, speaking to Gnashes he and Bamf have tried all they can think of.

So is there anything at all to prevent mass kicks and server crashes? Perhaps a plugin on the server?

Just now, Caden said:

So is there anything at all to prevent mass kicks and server crashes? Perhaps a plugin on the server?

Honestly?  I have  no idea. I know there are servers that have far better luck with kicks and some that are worse off or on the same level. That being said, I have played on server 2 alot lately and I have seen one mass kick personally in the last month or so. If its a problem in the core coding/framework it would take a pretty trained eye to see I would guess.

Edited by HotWings
Caden likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Honestly?  I have  no idea. I know there are servers that have far better luck with kicks and some that are worse off or on the same level. That being said, I have played on server 2 alot lately and I havnt seen one mass kick personally in the last month or so. If its a problem in the core coding/framework it would take a pretty trained eye to see I would guess.

Do you think different asylum servers have different amounts of kicks? Maybe depending how many players are on? I only play server 3 and they happen pretty often. Even though server 2 seems to have more players on.

Edited by Caden
Forgot to add something
13 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What people are missing is, is that these Kicks started on Asylum exactly a year ago. Other communities only started having them recently.

Nothing to do with the new patch that effected Asylum, it was something that happened last year.

Just now, Caden said:

Do you think different asylum servers have different amounts of kicks? Maybe depending how many players are on? I only play server 3 and they happen pretty often. Even though server 2 seems to have more players on.

Cant really say, only what I have seen googling it.  Im not sure if the servers with little to no kicks have updated framework or what.  

Caden likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Cant really say, only what I have seen googling it.  Im not sure if the servers with little to no kicks have updated framework or what.  

I haven't heard of Olympus getting kicks. They might, but not what I've heard of. 

13 minutes ago, Caden said:

Even though red names make it essential to kill people that have injured or killed your group or gang members, I don't think it's worth all the battleeye kicks and servers crashes. I've filled up a box full of gun crafting materials and the server crashed and I lost it all. I've also filled up my boxer with coke and the server crashed again. Seems like when I'm trying to do something productive this happens. Should we just deal with server crashes with red names or remove red names and find alternatives so no server crashes and kicks?

You play on server 4?

2 minutes ago, Caden said:

I haven't heard of Olympus getting kicks. They might, but not what I've heard of. 

They are on the rarer end of kicks. Ive seen it/been kicked, but as far as I can tell its much more rare. I know some EU servers have like 250 people and experience none.  

Just now, HotWings said:

They are on the rarer end of kicks. Ive seen it/been kicked, but as far as I can tell its much more rare. I know some EU servers have like 250 people and experience none.  

Dang, well it's just a mystery what's happened to asylum.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Not even every Asylum server. For some reason 4 kicks 10x more than 2. Same hardware, same datacenter, same server settings on the backend.

Which server has the least amount of kicks?

Just now, Mutiny said:

I would love to migrate myself to a different server however all of my house are located on S3 and I have some pretty good houses so i can't just simply leave. Also the gang I'm in (Stellar) is primarily S3

Yeah I really like the houses I have currently