Appropiate Gang names (Opinion)

Sail

Listen, I get this is a game in all. Memes are something that everybody loves, but there is a point where certain "jokes" become intolerable and offensive, and some times these intolerable things end up in gang names. For example, today I was scrolling around in asylum forums looking for something I can cringe at, like always. I stumbled upon a recruitment thread for a gang known as "ISIS". Creative. Fucking creative. Fucking unique. "Hey yall  lets make a gang with the name of an extremist group that probably burned many churches, temples, shot up many unarmed innocent children, a group that has also used vehicles to run hundreds of innocent bystanders over."  - (Idiot 1). What ever idiot (if at all) helped him with this name also should be ashamed. You're now crossing a thin line. 

BlackShot likes this

I don't really view it as an issue. People have the ability to create gangs and gang names, and unless it's something that violates Asylum's rules I think its fine. You might have a different opinion on what is and is not appropriate, but that shouldn't stop people from forming gangs with questionable names so that they don't offend your sensibilities.

Just now, Cliffsam98 said:

I don't really view it as an issue. People have the ability to create gangs and gang names, and unless it's something that violates Asylum's rules I think its fine. You might have a different opinion on what is and is not appropriate, but that shouldn't stop people from forming gangs with questionable names so that they don't offend your sensibilities.

I'm saying it isn't appropriate what so ever, and the impact it has doesn't prevail until something the group does in real life effects you, many people have been effected, you need to put yourself in ones shoes, this shouldn't even be a question, if racism isn't allowed, then why should I terrorist/hate group be? Both are equally terrible. 

BlackShot likes this
Just now, Raul Menendez said:

You are extremely triggered. You are an extremely sensitive person. Churches, temples being burned down isn't just ISIS doing it and shooting of children isn't just done by ISIS. 90% of united states airstrikes killed civilians in the Middle East

You're right it isn't just ISIS? Your point? That doesnt even have anything to do with my argument, It'd be the same for Al Queda, The Taliban, etc. The point is that we shouldn't allow these type of names in the community. Also the last bit of information you put in was a fail attempt at a blanket statement. try again.

Just now, Raul Menendez said:

You are extremely triggered. You are an extremely sensitive person. Churches, temples being burned down isn't just ISIS doing it and shooting of children isn't just done by ISIS. 90% of united states airstrikes killed civilians in the Middle East

What the fuck is wrong with you? Doesn't matter who it is, it is still wrong. 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

You are such a bigot. Quit hating on the religion of peace

I get the joke you're trying to make but Islam is really a religion of peace, like many others. The problem is religion with pieces of holy text can often be interpreted poorly, leading to violence and hate. Associating ISIS with Islam is like associating the KKK with Christianity, or the Crips with traditional African culture.

THat being said, fuck the middle east lets just carpet bomb it

Edited by Glass of Water
Sail, swiiftex and Revenant like this
Just now, A Happy Bumble Bee said:

I'm saying it isn't appropriate what so ever, and the impact it has doesn't prevail until something the group does in real life effects you, many people have been effected, you need to put yourself in ones shoes, this shouldn't even be a question, if racism isn't allowed, then why should I terrorist/hate group be? Both are equally terrible. 

Yea, it's not that big of a deal dude. I don't know whats got you so triggered, but you're kinda going overboard. A gang calling itself "ISIS" isn't personally going around and bombing churches and killing children. You need to chill out and take a joke, it's not nearly as serious as you're making it.

DankBud likes this