Mk Bullets Go Threw Cars / Tires?

5 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

How does a bullet travel through a full steel car? I hide behind the tire in most games and I don't die until a bullet hits my body. Asylum it's pointless I might as well run at the guy.

I hide behind the car tire and I just fucking die 

A) Cars are not made of steel.... for the most part, not even IRL

B.) Most games.... Yes. Most games are trash for realism

C) 7.62 is a massive round going very fast. It goes through most common body armor and most surfaces

Just now, Axe said:

A) Cars are not made of steel.... for the most part, not even IRL

B.) Most games.... Yes. Most games are trash for realism

C) 7.62 is a massive round going very fast. It goes through most common body armor and most surfaces

Was halfway through typing a reply similar to this. The only "fullsteel" (lol) is the engine block. At most it has to penetrate 2-4 THIN layers of metal, watch this and learn how bullets REALLY work in Arma 3, and for the most part, IRL

Olivia, Beef... and Big Fred like this
3 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

homie no bullet can go through a car from one side to another specially behind a tire you kno how much metal or whatever is material its made out of is there? 

You're high. Sit behind your car IRL, and have your buddy fire an ak-47 through the doors and tell me how long it took you to die.

pssht whatever.. youd think being behind no cover, your car would be really useful. Guess not.. Like I said.. might as well just let em kill you when their are 2-3 guys shootin at ya

and sean go slice your dick off and eat it like soup you dumb fuckin retard everyone knows hiding behind a car tire is the best way to survive but not in arma!

Edited by Deathslug
Just now, Deathslug said:

pssht whatever.. youd think being behind no cover, your car would be really useful. Guess not.. Like I said.. might as well just let em kill you when their are 2-3 guys shootin at ya

Your best bet is to find some actual cover. I can only speak for myself, but i try to shoot under the car, and bounce it up through the tire for them EZ kills. I don't think you understand how powerful the 7.62 Nato round is that the mk-18 fires. Sure pistols, smg's and some of the carbines might not have the stopping power to kill you depending on where you hide, but the 7.62's dont give a shit.

4 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

and sean go slice your dick off and eat it like soup you dumb fuckin retard everyone knows hiding behind a car tire is the best way to survive but not in arma!

Id rather hide behind the engine block

lol, argument implies you had at least a shred of a possibility that you weren't completely not even in the ballpark.

Edited by The Boss
26 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

homie no bullet can go through a car from one side to another specially behind a tire you kno how much metal or whatever is material its made out of is there? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_rifle

There are weapons, and bullets for said weapons, meant to kill tanks.

Tanks. 

Your statement has no base to stand on.

Just now, Deathslug said:

Ok but he didn't shoot at the tire and it didn't go through the other side through the tire.. i know it can go right throw the door 

Keep in mind that a 7.62mm bullet ( MK18 ) goes through a certain amount of steel or aluminum. Rubber is not as tough as steel, therefor a bullet that can go through say, one inch of steel can go through more than an inch of rubber.

mfw deathslug knows nothing about physics 

>Ok but he didn't shoot at the tire and it didn't go through the other side through the tire.. i know it can go right throw the door 

Obviously its going to go through a fucking tire if it goes through a door. 

If a knife can cut a steak, it's going to cut butter.

Edited by epTic
7 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

i mean from one side of the car, travels through the car and you're behind the tire.. do you know how much force must be implemented to go through all that material? 

The MK1 is based upon the SIG716 DMR, it's a gun known for it's penetrating ability. 

556 went right through a steel plate, what do you think 762 is going to do to aluminum? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFhIiomoKw

Edited by epTic
1 minute ago, Deathslug said:

i mean from one side of the car, travels through the car and you're behind the tire.. do you know how much force must be implemented to go through all that material? 

Canada's C6 (7.62) GPMG can shoot effectively at ranges up to 1800m. This at such a high velocity that if you get shot (and somehow survive) you won't hear the sound until a few seconds after you're hit. You really think a car, that is made of thin steel sheets, even if behind a tire, can stop one of these.

Really the only chance, is whats stated above is the engine block.