Collision for dropped virtual inventory

Defragments

Collision removal for dropped items  

22 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Keep collision
    • Remove collision

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2023 at 11:59 PM

On 12/2/2023 at 4:38 AM, Defragments said:

Any chance collision for dropped inventory can be removed? Arma is clunky enough as it is without stuff like this anyway.

Added a poll for opinions too. I guess if everyone likes it then it can stay.

I think you haven't played for a year. I will be referencing the following source from last year:

Also, wait up to 10 seconds for them to have collision disabled.

image.gif

2 hours ago, Witz said:

I think you haven't played for a year. I will be referencing the following source from last year:

image.gif

Still collides with vehicles though, been killed by them in the middle of the MSR while driving

7 minutes ago, Witz said:

You clearly did not read image.png

No I didnt but vehicles are a bigger issue imo esp since the anti road littering script doesnt work when you die on the road
Oly handles it by not locking suitcases to the floor so when collided with they go flying instead of the driver dying.

8 minutes ago, Witz said:

I'm not going to enable simulation for every item dropped on the map, comes down to peformance again.

what prevents disabling collision with vehicles after 10 seconds like it does for players?

3 hours ago, Witz said:

image.gif

I play on and off all year every year. I miss a patch note sometimes.

Very unfortunate it has ten seconds though but I guess better than nothing. When someone dies and you get stuck on their inventory, it sucks. Do other items have smaller hitboxes that wouldn't be as bad? Like whatever painkillers used to be? I really don't know what assets arma has for this kind of thing but the suitcase is obnoxiously big.

Chris Peacock likes this