New or Rotating Turfs/use more of the land below pyrgos/Use more of top left map

I was thinking maybe we can change the incentives to the turfs add some new reasons to go cap it i have noticed they either get afk caped or 1 life capped bc its not worth throwing money at, also make them rotate so people cant just know when and where they will pop. add like 5 possible locations for them to spawn every restart and they move randomly kinda like cartels. I have noticed that there is a bunch of open space below pyrgos that is not being use and i have played for years never really had a reason to go down there or own houses down there, would be nice if maybe a cartel location could spawn there or something along those lines. same with top left of map not really used very open would be a fun new fight location for rebels and cops alike. i dont know how this would work or how viable it would be but a Cop initiated event where the roles are reversed from fed events. where the cops are starting and defending it from rebels and its up to the rebels to team up against the cops (different gangs or groups) like maybe a rebel command post. where if the cops succeed the cooldown on fed events increases or prices of illegal guns goes up and the price of drugs sells goes down. just a kinda starter idea for some new events or ideas to get the fighting back where it use to be.

Would love input or maybe so ideas to these current suggestions 

Boomerman, KaReeM Kinte and GravL like this

I think the top left is reserved for admin events and such but I wouldn’t be opposed to adding something up there. Also below pygros there isn’t much to add… we don’t need more fed events and if we were to move a cartel down there it would never be fought. I can’t see many changes with this suggestion happening strictly due to the fact that all of them don’t really make anyone have any gain. Moving turfs could be interesting but I think the problem with turfs is the fighting is just so cancer. 

Fried Rice and GravL like this
1 hour ago, Chris Peacock said:

I think the top left is reserved for admin events and such but I wouldn’t be opposed to adding something up there. Also below pygros there isn’t much to add… we don’t need more fed events and if we were to move a cartel down there it would never be fought. I can’t see many changes with this suggestion happening strictly due to the fact that all of them don’t really make anyone have any gain. Moving turfs could be interesting but I think the problem with turfs is the fighting is just so cancer. 

What specifically about Turf fighting is cancer in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Fitz said:

What specifically about Turf fighting is cancer in your opinion?

People can own a house in the turf and just sit there and lock themselves in with a view on flag. Or just in general. I think fighting in cities is aids especially when you have to sit for 30 seconds on a flag and can’t move more than 2m off it

UberGaming and GravL like this
On 3/15/2024 at 10:04 AM, GravL said:

bring back castle cap, maybe ghost hotel (i know that’s a touchy subject but still, was fun to fight)

ghost hotel being brought back would be a good play, if at all possible some of the area of the hotel could be adjusted to prevent exploiting. Harsher bans on people abusing the exploits on the cap.

maybe make it so people could have a tag so if they are known to exploit the cap, they simply cant enter the cap area or cant capture the cartel at that location do to abusing it.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:31 PM, Chris Peacock said:

People can own a house in the turf and just sit there and lock themselves in with a view on flag. Or just in general. I think fighting in cities is aids especially when you have to sit for 30 seconds on a flag and can’t move more than 2m off it

thats not only a problem for turfs its a problem for all red zones, the only way i could see to fix this is to completely disable houses in turfs at all like no locking doors or opening inv 

On 3/14/2024 at 7:56 PM, Chris Peacock said:

thats where we could add more reasons to cap turfs or make the feds give more then just money or something along those lines thats why im leaving this as just a foot in the door of an older player that would like to see new stuff

On 3/15/2024 at 9:04 AM, GravL said:

bring back castle cap, maybe ghost hotel (i know that’s a touchy subject but still, was fun to fight)

I'm definitely going to push for adding castle cap. Those fights back in the day were a lot of fun. I want to add more civ vs civ content in the top left area of the map. I want to see more fights in areas where players can't just sit in houses. 

On 3/14/2024 at 9:31 PM, Chris Peacock said:

I want to find places to add a turf that isn't right in the middle of a city full of player owned houses. I also want to see how people feel about removing the cool downs on turfs in general and make more like a tug of war. 

GravL, ł S4M ł and OLL13 like this
3 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

I'm definitely going to push for adding castle cap. Those fights back in the day were a lot of fun. I want to add more civ vs civ content in the top left area of the map. I want to see more fights in areas where players can't just sit in houses. 

I want to find places to add a turf that isn't right in the middle of a city full of player owned houses. I also want to see how people feel about removing the cool downs on turfs in general and make more like a tug of war. 

I would suggest maybe all 3 turfs pop at the same time at the beginning of a restart, like how the first turf pops. Let all 3 go up at the same time, it gives more chance to other gangs to have different turfs and not just one gang with 5-10 on going to cap every turf that pops, uncontested. 

Crossfade likes this
10 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

want to find places to add a turf that isn't right in the middle of a city full of player owned houses. I also want to see how people feel about removing the cool downs on turfs in general and make more like a tug of war. 

Honestly the biggest issue is the time length it takes to cap the flag and the fact u can’t move while you do it. It just takes 1 dude hiding like a bitch to kill you while ur a sitting duck for 30secs-1min

Fried Rice likes this
21 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

Honestly the biggest issue is the time length it takes to cap the flag and the fact u can’t move while you do it. It just takes 1 dude hiding like a bitch to kill you while ur a sitting duck for 30secs-1min

How long do you think it should take to cap the turf? 

4 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

How long do you think it should take to cap the turf? 

What if it were similar to the cartel, but with a smaller circle surrounding the flag. That way people can still fight, and move around while capturing it, while at the same time still being stuck in that small area to still have the risk of capturing it. 

edit: didn't see the other guy posted somethings similar, how silly of Mr yao.

Edited by Mr. Yao
Mr yao silly
Chris Peacock likes this
  • Fitz locked this topic