Illegal Bank Transfer [ Civ VS Civ ]

Im curious to see what you guys would have to say for something like this to be created. Im always down to hear out some other people opinions.

Illegal Bank Transfers

A helicopter that was being sent to the bank of Altis was shot down over Arms Island. This helicopter was transferring new computers for the Bank to allow civs to easily withdraw and deposit money. Fortunately the computer system that was in the helicopter survived but glitched and is now allowing civilians to go to the computer system and start an illegal bank transfer. Since these computers were going to the bank but were shot down, there is a chance that you may be able to find computer parts for the national robbery, inside the wreckage when finishing the event.

Starting the illegal bank transfer will start a timer to be discussed by devs, and when the timer is up will allow civs to gather the bank notes that drop from this event. How much money is spit out when doing this event can depend on server population, or anything else that could depend on this. Civilians will be able to go to this area and fight another civilian that is trying to do the illegal bank transfer, APD will not be allowed to contest this. 

How to start:

The only materials you will need to start this event is going to be a Trojan Virus USB, you will go to the computer at the back of the wreckage, seen in the 4th screenshot, and insert that into the computer. A timer will start and you will have to defend the area from other rebels. After the timer ends bank notes and possibly computer parts will spawn and you're able to take those and break the notes into cash.

Keep in mind that Id like to keep this as simple as possible so theres less dev work that is needed but adds something fun for civs to do. Im always down to make this area, if you guys have anywhere in specific that this event could be located let me know and i can work on making it. Any thoughts or ideas to add onto this would also be appreciated!

Edited by zdeat
.Shy, Chris Peacock, GravL and 4 others like this
3 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

I like this idea but I think instead of just strictly bank notes it could also drop PC parts from the destroyed PC's in order to start the National HQ event. Those are rarely done because of the parts you need and this could be a cool way to get them. 

+1 would be something to definitely add

.Shy likes this

Original idea is not bad. Sounds like a rebel based stash house of sorts which would give people something to do in between cartel timers.

As for the PC parts for national. I have and will continue to maintain my position that while the original thought process was new and innovative the current system for it sucks. Nobody wants to farm these parts from multiple different methods or events and the PC system is generally very confusing and over complicated for no reason. To go farm a bunch of random parts for a high chance of losing a fed unless you have half the server in a group is poor design imo. My replacement idea was similar to mental.

1) Demo charge (gate)
2) Trojan USB (building laptops)
3) Drill for vault

Alternatives would be changing it to a more simplistic and easy to gain method of Red/Blue/Green keycards similar to the game Rust for those who have played it or if they maintain and keep the PC parts idea then let people just buy the necessary components needed at rebel.

One final suggestion I would make regarding national even though that's not what this post is about is once a player DOES reach max prestige level 4 both on cop and civ. Allow any future coin purchases to cost like (insert fair amount here) and instead of unlocking prestige tiers allow the player to trade them in for (insert fair amount of infamy/prestige for cop here) so that it gives a continuing reason to run the feds in the future even once maxed out prestige levels.

zdeat, dammy and Silver-Spy like this
1 minute ago, Knight05 said:

As for the PC parts for national. I have and will continue to maintain my position that while the original thought process was new and innovative the current system for it sucks. Nobody wants to farm these parts from multiple different methods or events and the PC system is generally very confusing and over complicated for no reason. To go farm a bunch of random parts for a high chance of losing a fed unless you have half the server in a group is poor design imo. My replacement idea was similar to mental.

it needs to be harder to start due to the fact of how OP the gear is you can get because of it. I think the PC parts are a good way of doing this they just need to balance how to get them. Right now they are unnecessarily grindy but I think overtime as long as they make new ways of getting the parts (such as this) it will be good

2 minutes ago, zdeat said:

Started by a player, maybe you would need the trojan usb virus?

i like the idea of it starting randomly it would cause people to actually go and do something. 

zdeat and .Nathan like this
3 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

i like the idea of it starting randomly it would cause people to actually go and do something. 

Yeah i now see how people could think this would be something like a rebel air drop or illegal vehicle drop. I more meant that this event would be a location for rebels to go to anytime to start this event.

1 minute ago, zdeat said:

Yeah i now see how people could think this would be something like a rebel air drop or illegal vehicle drop. I more meant that this event would be a location for rebels to go to anytime to start this event.

It could be a perk of gang fort. Anyone that owns gang fort can start this event and the other civs come and fight it. And if the gang that owns gang fort starts it and loses to another gang maybe their gang fort prices increase for that restart

Edited by Chris Peacock
Just now, Chris Peacock said:

It could be a perk of gang fort. Anyone that owns gang fort can start this event and the other civs come and fight it

The idea is to allow everyone to be able to start this event and give people something to do and fight for. If crimson caps fort and doesnt play the rest of the week, then this event is now useless.

Anything civ vs civ i'm up for giving a go the premise off the idea sounds good

Also might be a good way to get PC parts as i know poeple don't want to grind them out, especialy now the cop prestige is just done via drill

All good suggestions, i like the gang fort idea give another incentive to fight for the gang fort but the problem with that is if someone caps it then logs off for the week its never going to pop

The pc parts are fine just need to be made eaiser to get maybe keep them how they are and let people buy them from rebal for like 100k or even 50k maybe so its still alot to lose with the insentive to win a few feds to make it cheeper

Edited by MagicSpoon
zdeat likes this
4 minutes ago, zdeat said:

The idea is to allow everyone to be able to start this event and give people something to do and fight for. If crimson caps fort and doesnt play the rest of the week, then this event is now useless.

thats true... I like the idea of the event being central to the map... Maybe make it in neo and then disable gang fort spawns while the event is active.

Edited by Chris Peacock
Posted (edited)

Got a few screenshots from what ive made so far, the idea is for this event to be a simple build, nothing too complex.

[The other cartel location is seen in a screenshot where the green tower is. Roughly 400-500m away.]

Spoiler

ab23a3c8f6a9011202312275f332e083.jpg

0231ec93e3182021136cc214167f27d3.jpg

8fbb72b8abe3a387c24762deb41d33a6.jpg

bb0af20672729f9b95445c590f6c1336.jpg

36dcc1bfbe9ae47f770da58804642169.jpg

0e96ffccc2206bb3442f362336646157.jpg

Code used for smoke. Will have to have devs make a ppeffect instead of this code since this is constantly destroying a vehicle.

Spoiler

"test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle position this; wokka attachTo[this,[0,1.5,-1]];

Edited by zdeat
MagicSpoon likes this