Cartel Poll - No Insults!

Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank

• Yes
    • No

On 3/22/2016 at 3:47 PM, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Gangs are now taxed out of the gang bank for each player in the gang multiplied by 2,000 every 15 restarts. If a gang bank has insufficient funds the gang leader will have to visit the Bank of Altis to pay off the debt! Each level of debt that a gang is in decreases the rewards from cartels up to Level 4 where no rewards are applied. On the 5th level the gang will disband. Players will be aware if their gang is in debt by a warning under 'My Gang'

I agree with everything you said except for this snip. I get what you mean, it would encourage people to get cartels so that they get the benefits to upkeep the tax but could we change the price? There's roughly 40-50+ people in FSA and only a few of us are playing at the moment. Not enough of us are active on regular servers to upkeep 100k+ every 15 restarts

6 minutes ago, Wubz said:

I agree with everything you said except for this snip. I get what you mean, it would encourage people to get cartels so that they get the benefits to upkeep the tax but could we change the price? There's roughly 40-50+ people in FSA and only a few of us are playing at the moment. Not enough of us are active on regular servers to upkeep 100k+ every 15 restarts

like i said i made all that up in 10 minutes out my asshole not all of it is my own opinions

On 3/24/2016 at 5:55 AM, Istaf said:

And as one of those civs this is what I want also. 

I do wonder though, because I haven't seen it suggested anywhere (maybe because its just a bad idea), has anyone considered just making rebels their own official faction? Other servers do this and in my opinion its a cool idea. This wouldn't effect gangs, it would just add in the option to be officially designated a part of the rebel faction meant to be considered freedom fighters against the APD and Altis government. Playing as a rebel, which would be something white listed like cops are, would give you benefits to support the type of play stated by Bikstok above. The reason I suggest this is because I think it could give people a way to fight at a lesser cost, which in my opinion is whats needed to return RP that isn't just robbery to the server. Would be a big task, but its doable. 

I proposed this idea like 2 years ago...before I was even an Admin. And then again when I was an Admin. Can't remember the reasoning why it was declined, but it was proposed before.

But a list was given to the CMs and Paratus about the meeting I hosted about some changes. I know changes will be coming, but not sure what exactly is getting changed. 

DreamC likes this
23 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

I know changes will be coming, but not sure what exactly is getting changed. 

I'm hopeful that Paratus will listen, lately asylum has been extremely boring for me as no one fights. Cops wont even show up to banks/pb's anymore and cartels are even worse. I play asylum for 4-5 hours a day and will maybe see 1 cartel fight that last 10 minutes at max and nothing else.

Haych likes this
1 minute ago, jonah1045 said:

I'm hopeful that Paratus will listen, lately asylum has been extremely boring for me as no one fights. Cops wont even show up to banks/pb's anymore and cartels are even worse. I play asylum for 4-5 hours a day and will maybe see 1 cartel fight that last 10 minutes at max and nothing else.

Right now everybody is sitting back, constantly looking at the forums for this next patch. If it disappoints it may lead to another horrid day of complaints as 6.8.0 has had.

Edited by Feenix G. Reno
5 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I proposed this idea like 2 years ago...before I was even an Admin. And then again when I was an Admin. Can't remember the reasoning why it was declined, but it was proposed before.

But a list was given to the CMs and Paratus about the meeting I hosted about some changes. I know changes will be coming, but not sure what exactly is getting changed. 

The way I see it is there clearly are a lot of people who play Altis for combat. As a Civ, this is kind of ruining the game for me and its getting/gotten to the point where we may as well change the servers to normal Arma. In my experience there is no, or at least extremely few cases of, non-hostel role-play going on in Asylum servers at the moment. In my opinion this is based around the salt that occurs when people lose their gear. Engaging in RP can be a risk, and people don't want to risk losing 100k-200k worth of their time for RP anymore. This is a big problem to me because, again, as a Civ, I don't have a chance. I get ganged up on between rebels and random people with a rook every time I'm in a city. This has made "RP" in general very stale because its always the same thing. "Put your hands up" get robbed or shot, now I've wasted 30mins+ of my time and there was basically no RP had. The only reason I wasn't (and sometimes I am) shot right off the bat is to avoid RDM rules. Other than that, RP doesn't exist anymore. 

Lets say we did have a white listed rebel force, and their purpose within the servers were to undermined the APD, and would generally leave Civs alone. Spawning as a rebel would be similar to cops (or at least how I remember cops, I haven't played cop in about a year or more) where you buy your weapon and armor once and just need to buy attachments etc after death. Cartels etc would still be Civ only and, in my opinion, player money caps should be removed and the money should go into a gang bank. (It was a nice idea, but in practice it just isn't working like people envisioned it would) 

What I think doing this would change is a lot of the people here for combat would go rebel, and, because losing their gear wouldn't be such a detriment, they would be more open to actual RP. Meanwhile the drug cartels and gangs playing on civ would have a good way to earn money to keep themselves going as well, further increasing RP. I mean, I get that it was a thought that gangs were becoming too powerful etc, and that players had crazy amounts of money. However, currently, the consequences of death are too much and are discouraging RP. The violent crime rate in the server in general is just too high and needs to be toned down a bit imo, and the answer isn't more consequence, its less. 

8 hours ago, jonah1045 said:

You know it's sad when cops show up to the bank... And then turn around and drive off to attend another matter.

10 hours ago, jonah1045 said:

Exactly this. There will be 12 cops on, and only 3 of them will respond to Prison Breaks and Banks. I think the Higher ups need some talking to do, cops are literally being so stupid as of recent. (Server2)

We done a Fed, Bank and Prison in about a hour with about 10 cops on, yeah you guessed it, only 2 responded, even to the Fed. The higher ups on S2 are non existent. 

2 hours ago, Istaf said:

Now I'm confused, I thought the problem was cops were actually going as far as to logging on to other servers to stop this kind of stuff :kappa:

I remember the days when a big gang would start hitting the fed/bank on a server with 9 cops. Next thing you know,

BOOM 35 COPS

Istaf likes this
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, Haych said:

Exactly this. There will be 12 cops on, and only 3 of them will respond to Prison Breaks and Banks. I think the Higher ups need some talking to do, cops are literally being so stupid as of recent. (Server2)

We done a Fed, Bank and Prison in about a hour with about 10 cops on, yeah you guessed it, only 2 responded, even to the Fed. The higher ups on S2 are non existent. 

I had higher up make me leave a prison break soon as it started, asked him why he said cause hes a higher up lol.

kryptonthegamer likes this