Me trying to hotdrop.....

in the orca you did fine, except your nose was looking at the sky  when it should have been looking at the horizon/ground below to lose altitude.

practice turning with the orca tilted at a 90 degree angle. Use your mouse to control the orca's nose and tilt in air, as you hold Q + S or E + S. Honestly, it just takes practice.

Also keep the camera behind the orca, dont move it around as you were doing (Were you holding ALT?)

Practice banking really hard while not losing altitude.

You need to practice bleeding speed fast.
Pulling back slightly while lowering altitude is good way to go from 250-100 towards LZ, then you want to bank really hard to drop down to 0-10.

Just practice slowing down fast before actually landing. 

I find that practicing in stages is easyer and then going full in no stages cus with stages its slower and easy to understand an du build muscel memory, Then go to KOTH and try and when u are satisfied go to asylum and start because practice makes perfect, I use a flight stick I find i run out of room with my mouse on max sensitivity and using keys wont get me the angles i need, (this is my preferance) but yes it doesnt happen over night

2 minutes ago, Quenton said:

It looks like you are only using your arrow keys dude, if that's the case then that your first problem

If you mean WASD then not, i can hotdrop perfectly fine and always did with those keys. 

Advanced flying is bullshit, having a joystick is a must for it else you can never make a hotdrop. 

The best way i figured to hotdrop is alot of practice. Come in hard, slowdown and lose altitude going sideways. Then when "falling" down, recover position (belly downwards) and try get the power back up to the point where you either really slowly touch down or you stop moving altitude just above LZ.

SheriffJohnBeard likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

If you mean WASD then not, i can hotdrop perfectly fine and always did with those keys. 

Advanced flying is bullshit, having a joystick is a must for it else you can never make a hotdrop. 

The best way i figured to hotdrop is alot of practice. Come in hard, slowdown and lose altitude going sideways. Then when "falling" down, recover position (belly downwards) and try get the power back up to the point where you either really slowly touch down or you stop moving altitude just above LZ.

You can fly without using a mouse? Ido crash every fucking heli if I only used wasd

2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

and then.....

BOOM

RIP 100k

On 4/2/2016 at 11:22 PM, hamsham12 said:

Just put a marker down where you land, and hold z as you make like a L shape towards it. Will upload example.

edit: example: (let it process a bit more, 2-3 mins and should be 1080p)

That first one is soooo sexy.

Tilt left/right (preference, I can only land left) and drop speed at a 60-90 degree angle sideways. It's easier to watch and learn than for someone to explain it to you.

But probably shouldn't take tips from me...

"Oh my god..."

Edited by Vanilla Coke
hamsham12, bunni and Big Bird like this