New Mods

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

The key point being that we can ban for it. We simply elect not to.

Imagine it as the US voting system. You can vote, and just choose to never do so. Nobody can get mad at you for voting if you take the notion to do so.

All comes down to: Don't do shit you're not supposed to do and don't be a dick right? ;)

I can understand the frustration about the confusion of the topic but people are taking the game waaay to serious.

Like harrasing admins because they're banned for 3 days, i mean cmon 3 days.. got nothing better to do?

Yes, I can see how it can be frustrating. One thing to keep in mind is that we frequently argue over rules and our interpretation of the rules. This happens all the time. There are hard rules that we have, but we sometimes allow for a small amount of wiggle room - this is where gray areas come in. Arms dealer island is a perfect example of this. Technically, it is 300m, but most admins would give wiggle room on this. How much wiggle room depends on the admin. 

It would be more helpful to have hard, realistic rules in place accounting for situations like this and it is something we can work on. 

Another thing to note is that we can't make a rule for every case. There is far too much variety in the reports we receive and all reports have different variables that require our discretion.

Vash likes this
2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

All comes down to: Don't do shit you're not supposed to do and don't be a dick right? ;)

I can understand the frustration about the confusion of the topic but people are taking the game waaay to serious.

Like harrasing admins because they're banned for 3 days, i mean cmon 3 days.. got nothing better to do?

Most things we have rules for; would be irrelevant if we were the ones building the game engine.

Sadly, using Arma limits what we can and can't do.

1 minute ago, LaGrange said:

Yes, I can see how it can be frustrating. One thing to keep in mind is that we frequently argue over rules and our interpretation of the rules. This happens all the time. There are hard rules that we have, but we sometimes allow for a small amount of wiggle room - this is where gray areas come in. Arms dealer island is a perfect example of this. Technically, it is 300m, but most admins would give wiggle room on this. How much wiggle room depends on the admin. 

It would be more helpful to have hard, realistic rules in place accounting for situations like this and it is something we can work on. 

Another thing to note is that we can't make a rule for every case. There is far too much variety in the reports we receive and all reports have different variables that require our discretion.

Just make the island a redzone, like it's actually ridiculous.

This is something I experienced for the first time right before I went on vacation. Cap was East Arms, we put a guy OG Arms because we knew they would land there, he killed them all and got 7 day banned in an hour flat. It doesn't make any sense. How can you not expect a fight on Arms Dealer peninsula? Like you shouldn't just land on a spot that is housing known enemies carelessly.

It's like the leaning through walls thing. Why in the hell do you guys police Arms Dealer RDM reports? <--- Answer this | ^ that is just an example

17 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Just make the island a redzone, like it's actually ridiculous.

Bamf already ruled as a CM that it was a redzone.  lol.  The rules have not been updated.  

Edited by HotWings

The most important thing I'll ask (beg) the admins to come together is to clarify if hovering intentionality to close or directly over another heli is a ban or not. Love you thanks.

On topic, rules are pretty much like guidelines in the APD and admins are like cops, there are one that follow it strictly (most of them are called robocops) and there are cops that don't follow it the same way but still follow it. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

The most important thing I'll ask (beg) the admins to come together is to clarify if hovering intentionality to close or directly over another heli is a ban or not. Love you thanks.

On topic, rules are pretty much like guidelines in the APD and admins are like cops, there are one that follow it strictly (most of them are called robocops) and there are cops that don't follow it the same way but still follow it. 

---

Impeding the flight path of a helicopter with your own is not suggested on the Asylum.

If you hover over another helicopter, something explodes, and I hear about it; yes, it will be a ban.

The Dull/Christian Slaughter clause is still in effect. Do not hover over, or otherwise impede, the path of a heli with another heli.

4 hours ago, Midamaru said:

This.  You all should know if you're doing something that feels scumbag'ish.  Leaning through walls is an unfair advantage (for instance).  It's also taking advantage of a known bug (in the Arma engine) for your own advantage - ergo it's an exploit.  It's one that is almost impossible to police though.  

3 hours ago, Budbringer said:

NmufyJ0.png

The red box looked really dumb when I first put it onto the map.  I'll play with adding it again.  Arma really needs a better tool for doing that type of boxing since I have to have a series of perfectly aligned rectangles and squares to make this work.

Midamaru likes this
6 minutes ago, bamf said:

The red box looked really dumb when I first put it onto the map.  I'll play with adding it again.  Arma really needs a better tool for doing that type of boxing since I have to have a series of perfectly aligned rectangles and squares to make this work.

There is no need for a visual "warning", everyone already lived upto it. There should just be no bans ^^

18 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Maybe a pop up if you enter the island or in a certain radius "You've entered a RDM free zone, be aware!"

1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

What about a warning simular to turfs warnins, so when you enter the island, the warning pops up

:( y u do this

8 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

So now heres another IMPORTANT GREY rule with many flavors. Is it against the rules to log in / within 300m from rebel now? Yes or No , not any flavors, not any maybe or not its eithor okay or not. The message doesn;'t pop up fast enough to help that often.

You will not be banned every time you login to a Rebel Base. You may be banned if enough evidence points to you knowingly logging into an active firefight with the foreknowledge that that firefight exists; or for logging into a Rebel filled with enemies with the foreknowledge that they are there.

If you want black and white, you're shit out of luck

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

You will not be banned every time you login to a Rebel Base. You may be banned if enough evidence points to you knowingly logging into an active firefight with the foreknowledge that that firefight exists; or for logging into a Rebel filled with enemies with the foreknowledge that they are there.

If you want black and white, you're shit out of luck

You gave me my answer, No its not against the rules unless you are abusing it to the point that you are not worth being in the community i.e

Midamaru likes this
1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

You gave me my answer, No its not against the rules unless you are abusing it to the point that you are not worth being in the community i.e

The basic rule; Don't be a scumbag.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:12 PM, bamf said:

So something like this would work for you guys?

DraW6Tk.png

I'm assuming we can all understand it just means that peninsula, not anywhere South of that marker.

I'd suggest adding something similar to when a turf is up for capture, give them a warning on the screen "RDM rules do not apply any land south of when you see this message"