Bounty Hunters - bring the fun back idea. APD Suspect Interrogation Room.

Hello everyone,

As we all know Bounty Hunters got boosted in their assets lately so hard, that 75% of civ population wants to hunt bounties now nearly all the time. I am not going to bring here my salt about their weapons, hunters or any other stuff, let's talk here about new/solo players struggle. I have brought to Asylum my good old friend who is Arma veteran, but he has never been playing "life" server in the past. I was teaching him basics, and then left for his lone journey in the noobland. My friend, as a proper newcomer got really excited about the life of crime, started doing small and pretty basic crimes like lockpicking vehicles, attempting to rob people. I got from him really good feedback after his small noob experience on our server, which I want to share with you.
Experienced players, members of APD for months, members of big gangs for years, we all can't remember properly how it is to be a fresh player, clueless running around, looking for job, without any support from gang or allies. Fresh players as well as solo players have really good reason now to be annoyed by Bounty Hunter system. What do we, more experienced players do? Do we rob gas stations for other reason than bounty boost or troll? Not really, now even APD can't fight gas station pistol bangers, as 20 Bounty Hunters in the area are on spot after 30 seconds. Nobody except bigger gangs are doing crimes that gives them automatic charges, as the swarm of RDMing Bounty Hunters with MX's are after you even for hit and run charges. It is pretty pointless to rob people, rob gas station, lockpick vehicles and basically do any other simple crime that gives you automatic charge. We have usually between 5 and 20 cops active online, which is more than enough to fight small crimes as well as bigger gangs. We have been told many times that APD is overpowered, so APD didn't get any boost for months now. On top of that 5 to 20 cops online we have probably at least 20-30 active bounty hunters online, which basically means once you get an automatic charge you have half of the server after you. Let's politely say it is slightly not balanced.
Why we didn't see such imbalance before BH patch? Nothing has changed in order to become BH, you could be a BH before and do the same thing. Well, now MX, new perks and possibility to buy Hunter attracts much more people. Better weaponry means you can one tap anybody in the chest from distance as long as he has no proper vest. It's a lot easier to be BH nowadays.

(text above is my and my noob friend opinion, not a fact or anything I have been studying for past month)

Allright, let's talk now about my idea, which maybe won't bring balance back, but at least will bring civs a little bit of fun back. We all know that it is not fun when you kill a man in self defense, you try to turn yourself in to APD and a bunch of Bounty Hunters are chasing you down in your way to APD. You were defending yourself, and you are about to loose your weapon, licenses, everything. We could think about implementing something like APD Suspect Interrogation Room, or however you want to call it. It could be in each APD HQ, and work like this:

- Player who has bounty up to 15k - 20k cannot be send to jail in the courthouse, instead can be put to APD Interrogation Room in Police HQ

- BH who put their bounty into APD Interrogation Room receives money for their arrest

- Once suspect is put to interrogation room, APD gets notification that there is a suspect in restrains waiting for investigation.

- Suspect can stay in interrogation room for 10 minutes untill APD shows up, if no APD officers enter Interrogation room suspect is being released and his bounty is being wiped from all charges. He gets to keep his weapon and licenses.

- Suspect is being treated like he has turned himself in, gets 50% discount on ticket for his waiting time, can explain his charges and receive pardon or parole.

- APD gets paid only from 50% of suspects bounty, as they act as judge, they got suspect for free. (This feature is to avoid abusing the system - preventing APD from cooperating with BH to get paid twice).

Idea behind the system i described above is that currently in Altis Life we don't have a judge, even tho we have a courthouse. Implementing Judge role would be extremely difficult, so at the moment APD officers act as Police and Judge in the same person. We, as APD officers decide if civ should get parole, maybe small fine is enough to change his life, or maybe he is such bad criminal that only jail can influence his behavior in future.

Once you get above the limit of this 15 or 20k bounty it means you knew what have you been doing, you are aware that you commit crimes, you want to do it and you will continue putting your bounty up. That means you deserve prison if BH gets you before APD. With the system I described above we will avoid people being thrown to prison for self defense manslaughter, small crimes like lockpicking or robbery, or even hit and run. I can bet only in last week there has been so many annoyed people on the island that went to prison for 3 counts of hit and run and lost all their belongings for such trivial crime. With this new feature I believe we will get more of the RP and fairness back on Asylum.

Thank you very much for your time reading this wall of text I have created, I hope I will get some feedback from community about this idea.

TLDR - read bolded part.

Maxツ and Eric916 like this

sounds like a easy way to get off charges

sounds like a easy way of getting off charges when only you have 2-4 cops on every server just kill them kidnap them and everyone will walk free

the APD are not strong enough to cope with Kavala let alone being at a HQ on time and on point everytime someone gets 10-15k tickets 

good idea to get more RP , bad idea to let every criminal free just because its easier to down cops all day long just bag them cops up and laugh at the criminals all waiting ten minutes in a locked room , 

who pardons who is it automatic 

anyway bad idea cops are not strong enough , 

Edited by friendlypilot
2 minutes ago, friendlypilot said:

sounds like a easy way to get off charges

stop staying in kavala and shooting people 

simple as that 

You have to sit in a room for 10 mins which is usualy somewhere arround the time u would serve in prison anyway for small bounty. The only diffrence is that you don't loose weapons and licenses straight away. It might be a way to get off charges, but not that easy, you need a friendly bounty hunter who has your bounty and put u in hq away from cops, so u can pray that they will not show up in 10 mins to deal with you. Whole process with getting BH friend, getting your bounty, transportation to HQ and waiting 10 mins. There are easier ways to get off charges, like turn yourself in to APD with exceptional RP skills, and in 5 minutes you are free.

I don't know man.. Idea sounds to complicated why not keep it easy for BHers? Majority of the Bounty Hunters play because they avoid fat 'idontknowwhatimdoing' higher ups who are there to shout at you. OR some bounty hunters are just new to the server and will be sliding their bounty across altis not knowing what to do

in my day every arrest was a Interrogation  all the points (actions) that are mentioned cops already have the power to do all these 

hell you can even make them sing katy perry im a firework while locking the hq down 

cant keep BH out of HQ thats a cop problem 

Edited by friendlypilot
1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

I don't know man.. Idea sounds to complicated why not keep it easy for BHers? Majority of the Bounty Hunters play because they avoid fat 'idontknowwhatimdoing' higher ups who are there to shout at you. OR some bounty hunters are just new to the server and will be sliding their bounty across altis not knowing what to do

It's not complicated for BH tho, all you need to know (and you can have a poup msg about it) is that if your bounty is wanted for up to 15 or 20k (or whatever the price will be) you need to take him to apd hq instead of courthouse, and u have option under scroll "turn suspect in" or smth, boom ur done, u get money and leave hq.

24 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's not complicated for BH tho, all you need to know (and you can have a poup msg about it) is that if your bounty is wanted for up to 15 or 20k (or whatever the price will be) you need to take him to apd hq instead of courthouse, and u have option under scroll "turn suspect in" or smth, boom ur done, u get money and leave hq.

The reason why they put the bounty hunter turn ins at the coourthouse is that the cops have a peacefull time without retarded bhers there

Just now, FozzyBear said:

The reason why they put the bounty hunter turn ins at the coourthouse is that the cops have a peacefull time without retarded bhers there

I am aware that you used to turn your bounties in HQ and it was aids, I am just giving the idea of how to improve your experience as a person who is being detained by BH for trivial crimes. It might bring some retarded ppl to HQ's but at the end of the day tell me if there was a time that you didn't attract retard to the HQ only cause u were talking to a suspect and some guy showed up to claim him as a bounty? From BH player perspective nothing is going to change except the place where u turn your bounty in for small crimes. For cops it will be a change and it will mean that they will have slightly more work to do, but they will be rewarded for this work, so everybody should be happy. Also if a suspect will be forced to talk to cop he might start RP which is always a good thing on Asylum.

-1 Your just taking the idea of bounty hunter and shitting on it. Take them to the hq, then wait for a cop to process them? That just removes the term bounty hunter overall and you may as well just play cop. Also is a big waste of time for yourself, the bounty, and the cop.

1 minute ago, Med_Ex said:

-1 Your just taking the idea of bounty hunter and shitting on it. Take them to the hq, then wait for a cop to process them? That just removes the term bounty hunter overall and you may as well just play cop. Also is a big waste of time for yourself, the bounty, and the cop.

I think you misunderstood completely everything I have wrote, or u were too lazy to read this thing. As you can perfectly fine see the system I suggested is supposed to work like this:

Bounty hunter captures a small value target, instead of putting him in prison he takes him to the police hq and uses scroll wheel option to turn him in. Bounty hunter receives a paycheck and leaves hq happy that he did his job well. Suspect is not going straight to prison, but instead he is being put into a completely new feature - box, room, trash can, whatever Devs want, and waits there restrained for up to 10 minutes for a cop to show up and talk to him. Suspect have right to get reduced ticket, parole, pardon. If cop won't show up suspect is being released without his charges, and he gets to keep his weapon and licences.

Clear now or I have to explain more?

This will honestly never work.  Just off the bat no suspect is going to want to be restrained by a BH abused for however long the BH chooses to abuse them, then have to spend 10 minutes in some room with no contact hoping a cop shows up only to have said cop not want to listen or care about what they have to say.  I appreciate that you tried to come up with something here, but I really cant see this ever working

Then what's the point of a person sitting there restrained for up to 10 minutes waiting on a cop when they can just wait there time in jail for 10 minutes and be on there way? Unnecessary step that can still waste the time of the person in restraints. Also, say you say someone can get a reduced ticket, well what if they refuse the ticket? Then they have to sit another 10  inutes in jail, thus wasting time once again...

6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

This will honestly never work.  Just off the bat no suspect is going to want to be restrained by a BH abused for however long the BH chooses to abuse them, then have to spend 10 minutes in some room with no contact hoping a cop shows up only to have said cop not want to listen or care about what they have to say.  I appreciate that you tried to come up with something here, but I really cant see this ever working

You might be right, everything might be abused and for most of the time it is being abused. That's why we can't have nice things :( My idea of compensating a person for his time is that if cop never shows up suspect keeps all his stuff, that he would otherwise loose in prison. It is the only way I can think now how to make it less vulnerable for abusing from the point of view you have showed.

@Med_Ex - That's why I said suspect starts from 50% of fine, u treat him like he turned himself in. You have to keep in mind that we are talking about low value targets, people being arrested mostly for hit and runs, one manslaughter, auto theft and stuff like that. For most of the time situation as u have mentioned won't happen, people will be more than happy to talk to somebody and explain why he has bounty, so he can keep his bounty hunter licence, or even a pistol he has. There is much more situations when people loose their money and time for being put into prison for small bounty, than when salty rebels are running with low bounty and being captured by BH. If you start of 50% of your bounty on anyway low value, and you talk your way down, and then refuse to pay 1k ticket it's your choice to waste your own time.

Edited by Danny
add reply to Med_Ex
58 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

yes now I can bounty boost AND have my friend go scott free when I metagame no cops online or camp HQ spawn

Like u couldn't bounty boost now.

And yet again I think somebody here missunderstood what I said, you don't get to keep bounty when u spawn back in hq after being released, so don't really see the issue here.

The issue is:

Cops often aren't present at many HQs >> Leads to wanted criminals getting off free with their gear that is supposed to be taken on arrest.

APD Treating someone as "turned themselves in" contradicts itself, they clearly didn't.

BHs could restrain their friends and leave them at HQ for reduced ticket.

BHs are their own "faction" much like rebels. HQs are for cops, that's why BH arrests were moved to courthouses long ago.

//

Cops can still role Warrant officer, Undercover, and have very capable medics. Also Remove BH weapons/licenses for abuse, see a full criminal list despite not having full tracking of all BHs, and have instant access to teamwork at almost all times. Start working together and the APD is plenty capable.

3 hours ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

The issue is:

Cops often aren't present at many HQs >> Leads to wanted criminals getting off free with their gear that is supposed to be taken on arrest.

APD Treating someone as "turned themselves in" contradicts itself, they clearly didn't.

BHs could restrain their friends and leave them at HQ for reduced ticket.

BHs are their own "faction" much like rebels. HQs are for cops, that's why BH arrests were moved to courthouses long ago.

//

Cops can still role Warrant officer, Undercover, and have very capable medics. Also Remove BH weapons/licenses for abuse, see a full criminal list despite not having full tracking of all BHs, and have instant access to teamwork at almost all times. Start working together and the APD is plenty capable.

1. Wanted criminals for trivial charges, most probably hit and runs or one manslaughter, up to 15k u are not a serious criminal. They will not go off for free, they will at least serve their 10 mins cooldown, which is comparable to the time they would spend in prison for those charges.

2. They didn't, but I meant they could start off 50% of charge as they already served some time in captivity.

3. What is the point of leaving somebody for reduced ticket if he can turn himself in anyway? Turning your friend in is bannable offence anyway and it happens even without the feature i suggested, it's up to admin staff to track it, not to you to worry about it.

4. That is not a problem to add courthouse option to turn your bounty in which in case bounty is less than 15k will put suspect to the nearest HQ instead of prison.

//

The whole point of the suggestion is to stop madness with people being put out from their fun for trivial stuff, and to enchance a bit role play which in current bounty system is reduced to "initiation hostile rp by giving demand and consequence". 

• 2 weeks later...