Is it just me or are rebels really useless and nerfed on Asylum?

Last time I played on Asylum it was as a cop several months ago. I recently came back as a rebel w/some friends and it just seems like there's barriers to progressing on these servers no matter what you do.

• Speed traps: All over the place and sometimes when you're not paying attention, you hit one and now bam a cop has an excuse to pull you over.
  • BH: The biggest cancer of them all IMO. They have the same warning system cops do to locate a potential bounty and most of the time you see a few of them zipping after you as soon as you commit a crime. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have MX's with rubber bullets which down you in one hit and most of the time they don't even RP it and if you're lucky they'll say, "hands up" and then instashot you before you even know who said it. In fact, I became frustrated enough (I play alone most of the time when I'm on during the day) that I decided to become a BH and add to the misery.
  • Cops camping cocaine field: Almost every time I head there, I hear sirens and cops rolling in. 
  • Unchecked RDM: Not rebel specific but last night in Pyrgos, some clan rolled in and just mass RDM'd everyone. I've got it on video but what's the point? They'll get a 3 day ban and go back to doing it again as usual. 
  • Cops make too much money: I can say this from experience, they get you rolling with some cocaine and they seize everything and get a nice pay day. Before as a cop, I racked up $500k over 1-2 weeks as a cadet/constable and I wasn't even trying hard. 
  • DDOS: Yeah yeah it's not @Paratus fault and I sympathize but damn DDOS happens almost constantly and just kills the experience. Plus I've lost several vehicles (helicopter + sports hatchbacks) as a result. 

I'll probably go try Olympus out at this point and hope it doesn't have the same problems these servers do but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone else share the same sentiment or am I just not doing something right? 

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
37 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

• Speed traps: All over the place and sometimes when you're not paying attention, you hit one and now bam a cop has an excuse to pull you over. Cops never needed an excuse to pull you over.
  • BH: The biggest cancer of them all IMO. They have the same warning system cops do to locate a potential bounty and most of the time you see a few of them zipping after you as soon as you commit a crime. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have MX's with rubber bullets which down you in one hit and most of the time they don't even RP it and if you're lucky they'll say, "hands up" and then instashot you before you even know who said it. In fact, I became frustrated enough (I play alone most of the time when I'm on during the day) that I decided to become a BH and add to the misery. If they are found abusing it, their MX + license gets revoked. Never had any problems as a cop since the BH update. Everything's still the same imo
  • Cops camping cocaine field: Almost every time I head there, I hear sirens and cops rolling in. No rule changed about this. There will always be bad apples that try to  camp the fields. Regardless, it's not supposed to be a safe area. Be prepared to defend yourself.
  • Unchecked RDM: Not rebel specific but last night in Pyrgos, some clan rolled in and just mass RDM'd everyone. I've got it on video but what's the point? They'll get a 3 day ban and go back to doing it again as usual. Many admins explained already why this system is in place. They rather teach someone not to break the rules again than perm ban on first offence (with some exceptions of course). There are mixed opinions throughout the community about this, but it seems fair imo.
  • Cops make too much money: I can say this from experience, they get you rolling with some cocaine and they seize everything and get a nice pay day. Before as a cop, I racked up $500k over 1-2 weeks as a cadet/constable and I wasn't even trying hard. Career cop, always buy MX loadout when I die, have 2 helis in my garage. Never in my life reached money cap, not even close.
  • DDOS: Yeah yeah it's not @Paratus fault and I sympathize but damn DDOS happens almost constantly and just kills the experience. Plus I've lost several vehicles (helicopter + sports hatchbacks) as a result. This is true, servers have been massively attacked lately. We just need to wait for the devs to fix it.

I'll probably go try Olympus out at this point and hope it doesn't have the same problems these servers do but I'm not holding my breath. Fine, no one forces you to stay here, just don't come bitching on the forums about how asylum is shit and other communities are better blah blah blah. No one really cares if you find olympus more entertaining.

Just one more thing:

2e5cbf2b8236587b3ccdd28b84129ae5.png 

26c3130bb9b7bc76e208d641b4971fca.png Look at the player count. I think it means something...

George and Big Bird like this

Go play one of those god awful 1 mil start servers where rebels are safe zones and rebels get navids and cops get hunter gmgs. Admins will cater to your every need on those servers and wipe your ass so that anytime you feel you were done wrong you can go to ts and tell them X, Y, and Z RDMed you and they are insta banned or they send a message in game saying come to TS just to talk to some 12 year old.

Never understood why everyone feels so entitled to having 24/7 protection of an admin.

As for all the other shit you listed: BHs aren't op if you are a rebel. End of discussion. You rarely see someone bring out a hunter and if they do just kill them and chop it. The higher the bounty the higher the risk. Cops don't make an shit ton of money like you think; cops have free load outs and cheap guns and never have to spend money other than that and on vehicles.

1 hour ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Last time I played on Asylum it was as a cop several months ago. I recently came back as a rebel w/some friends and it just seems like there's barriers to progressing on these servers no matter what you do.

• Speed traps: All over the place and sometimes when you're not paying attention, you hit one and now bam a cop has an excuse to pull you over.
  • BH: The biggest cancer of them all IMO. They have the same warning system cops do to locate a potential bounty and most of the time you see a few of them zipping after you as soon as you commit a crime. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have MX's with rubber bullets which down you in one hit and most of the time they don't even RP it and if you're lucky they'll say, "hands up" and then instashot you before you even know who said it. In fact, I became frustrated enough (I play alone most of the time when I'm on during the day) that I decided to become a BH and add to the misery.
  • Cops camping cocaine field: Almost every time I head there, I hear sirens and cops rolling in. 
  • Unchecked RDM: Not rebel specific but last night in Pyrgos, some clan rolled in and just mass RDM'd everyone. I've got it on video but what's the point? They'll get a 3 day ban and go back to doing it again as usual. 
  • Cops make too much money: I can say this from experience, they get you rolling with some cocaine and they seize everything and get a nice pay day. Before as a cop, I racked up $500k over 1-2 weeks as a cadet/constable and I wasn't even trying hard. 
  • DDOS: Yeah yeah it's not @Paratus fault and I sympathize but damn DDOS happens almost constantly and just kills the experience. Plus I've lost several vehicles (helicopter + sports hatchbacks) as a result. 

I'll probably go try Olympus out at this point and hope it doesn't have the same problems these servers do but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone else share the same sentiment or am I just not doing something right? 

1. olympus sucks.

2. rebels arent useless, it's just you.

56 minutes ago, Vash said:

Just one more thing:

26c3130bb9b7bc76e208d641b4971fca.png Look at the player count. I think it means something...

First off, I didn't say Olympus is better, I said I'm going to try it out and see if it has similar problems or if these are unique here. I'm actually not much of an Altis Life player at all anymore and came on Asylum to mess around when I'm bored. These are the problems I noted after playing again consistently for a week after taking several months off. Unless things have changed, it is beyond easy to make money as a cop and the only people I see denying that are cops (self interest). The $500k figure I listed was an estimate, I'm sure it was a lot higher and at the time I was splitting money with other cadets and we weren't even going out of our way to ticket people or catch them. And like you said, cops don't have many expenses so why do they need such high income from tickets? 

And where is the logic or need in BH's having MX's with one hit rubber bullets? And why do they need a ping system that can tell them the location of a bounty across the map every few mins? If it was confined to a local area they happen to be in, that would make it more efficient and fair IMO. I've just come across so many toxic BH's in these last few days that it wouldn't be worth reporting them all. 

46 minutes ago, Parker said:

Go play one of those god awful 1 mil start servers where rebels are safe zones and rebels get navids and cops get hunter gmgs. Admins will cater to your every need on those servers and wipe your ass so that anytime you feel you were done wrong you can go to ts and tell them X, Y, and Z RDMed you and they are insta banned or they send a message in game saying come to TS just to talk to some 12 year old.

Never understood why everyone feels so entitled to having 24/7 protection of an admin.

As for all the other shit you listed: BHs aren't op if you are a rebel. End of discussion. You rarely see someone bring out a hunter and if they do just kill them and chop it. The higher the bounty the higher the risk. Cops don't make an shit ton of money like you think; cops have free load outs and cheap guns and never have to spend money other than that and on vehicles.

Doing a cursory look on these forums, I'm obviously not the only one who thinks rebels are underpowered on this server, especially if you aren't running with a large group that can dedicate lots of hours to grind out money and avoid being rolled on by cops camping at lucrative illegal areas. 

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
2 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Thanks I really want less money for dealing with all the fucking cancer and aids

1 hour ago, Vash said:

Just one more thing:

Not sure that you can even compare Olympus to Asylum in any way. they have 2 servers and Asylum has 5 if Olympus had 5 servers there would only be like 30 in each lol

Just now, Vash said:

That's exactly the point Im trying to make 

I thought so I was confused sorry but your right Olympus can't really compare. It may be nicer that the shithole 1 mil start servers but still not the professional quality of Asylum