STOP LOCKING EVERYTHING

i AGREE THAT I HAVE GREAT POINTS TO MAKE ABOUT THINGS BUT ADMINS LOCK TOO FAST

LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK; YOUR NOT A DICTATOR SO LET US DISCUSS THINGS NO MATTER HOW ASININE

besides the obvious and serious ethical problems with closing people's discussions, it's just wrong to censor people period in any forum of discussion. just let people speak freely unless it is spam or directed at an individual.

39dbbcb08aa1384f39dc84c2b97d5335.jpg

GettyImages-120401427.0.0.jpg

media_propaganda_by_trosious.jpg

Edited by Eric916

Thing is it's a fucking game no need to take it so serious just leave the topics open unless it is spam... it's literally a game were not talking about religion or politics or anything serious. were talking about a game lol it's not serious and therefore no need to lock threads cuz it doesnt fucking matter what people say cuz its a fucking video game lol quit taking it so serious...

BioHazard and Furnie Mack like this
Just now, Ebola said:

LOCK PLEASE BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND

lol you support totalitarianism? it's not good or progressive to end discussions Ebola... its actually quite wrong ethically... you may as well go start a bonfire with all your books ebola...

Just now, Eric916 said:

lol you support totalitarianism? it's not good or progressive to end discussions Ebola... its actually quite wrong ethically... you may as well go start a bonfire with all your books ebola...

It was a troll post you debbie downer

Edited by Ebola
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Are they going full Soviet Union again?

it;s just a thread never needs to be locked.. this is a game discussion its not a big deal.. we should be able to talk about whatever we want.. i mean i understand if it's targeting gnashes that's wrong and it should be locked but like everything that admins don't like gets locked.. its pointless. its just a game let us talk about whatever the fuck we want it's not a serious topic.. its a video game ......

I personally feel that at times, topics are locked too quickly and without adequate reason. I've been on both sides of this equation and I think it is important to allow open discourse as long as it's not directly violating forum policy.

Seriously, what harm is there in allowing people to discuss a change that's unlikely to happen? Or delve into potential future content even if it's beyond the scope of the current development efforts? I just don't understand why reasonable discourse, that isn't in violation of the rules, is so often cut short needlessly.

Why are productive topics locked? Caprice? 

Even if you don't think a discussion is worth your time or participation, please don't stifle reasonable discussion because you deem these conversations unworthy of being. 

TL;DR: If a topic doesn't break the rules and hasn't been derailed or consumed by flame, don't lock it. 

Jack Hoff, Midamaru, Bikstok and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

I personally feel that at times, topics are locked too quickly and without adequate reason. I've been on both sides of this equation and I think it is important to allow open discourse as long as it's not directly violating forum policy.

Seriously, what harm is there in allowing people to discuss a change that's unlikely to happen? Or delve into potential future content even if it's beyond the scope of the current development efforts? I just don't understand why reasonable discourse that isn't in violation of the rules is so often cut short needlessly.

Even if you don't think a discussion is worth your time or participation, please don't stifle reasonable discussion because you deem these conversations unworthy of being. 

TL;DR: If a topic doesn't break the rules and hasn't been derailed or consumed by flame, don't lock it. 

A perfect example of this will be this topic, I guarantee it will be locked in the near future. It's not hurting anyone nor is it breaking the rules just the same as 50% of all topics that are locked.

I agree totally with your point, admins need to stop locking threads unless they're directly violating rules.

Edited by BioHazard
3 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Seriously, what harm is there in allowing people to discuss a change that's unlikely to happen? Or delve into potential future content even if it's beyond the scope of the current development efforts? I just don't understand why reasonable discourse, that isn't in violation of the rules, is so often cut short needlessly.

+1

13 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

some of the posts are people asking the same thing without using the search function to see if its been addressed before. those i can understand being locked.

Absolutely true. There are plenty of topics out there that deserve a lock. I've locked my fair share of them. But in recent months, good topics are being locked more frequently for reasons that defy explanation. For instance a novel gameplay suggestion that is put forth in an articulate and respectful manner but gets locked immediately. 

When those instances occur, it makes people angry and it looks bad. The staff are meant to be neutral parties that ensure the rules are followed; they aren't supposed to be the arbiters of what conversations the community can or cannot have. 

Eric916, Reavantos and BioHazard like this
1 hour ago, Eric916 said:

Thing is it's a fucking game no need to take it so serious just leave the topics open unless it is spam... it's literally a game were not talking about religion or politics or anything serious. were talking about a game lol it's not serious and therefore no need to lock threads cuz it doesnt fucking matter what people say cuz its a fucking video game lol quit taking it so serious...

This is like the epitome of circular reasoning

Reavantos likes this
6 hours ago, Jack Hoff said:

This is like the epitome of circular reasoning

maybe a bit. I tend to think my opinions are just plain better than other peoples so maybe that clouds my judgment lol can't really disagree with you but i'm not really saying that the arguments over arma is a serious thing but the fact that were censoring is a serious thing. make sense?

If the topic turns into toxic flamewar sure lock it. But when suggestion threads get locked so quickly its kind of dumb.

For example Gnashes will be like "This was a suggestion 7 years ago. k locked" There is always new people in the community and fresh minds, maybe someone can offer more on a suggestion then what happened on that similar post a while back. Sure you can use the search function and bump a thread 4 months ago, but bumped threads in general don't receive as much feedback in general.

This thread is a perfect example. Insta locked without letting the community talk and discuss about it, and there is multiple that have followed. Just because you don't like the suggestion, don't lock it, or just because it was suggested ages ago by someone else, again don't lock it. How many times was CSAT posts locked with the response "huehue it will never happen" only for CSAT's to get added again.

Gnashes is the perfect example. If he doesn't like the idea, locked. Gnashes baby, half the things you say have been shutdown by devs, so please, don't lock suggestions so fast.

Edited by Haych
BioHazard likes this