A small change that can increase everyone's enjoyment

So in real life, sure 90 miles an hours is fast 

but to balance it out in asylum around 160-200 would be way more efficient.

Not only is it annoying for cops to have 10 people with only a few speeding tickets on the wanted list, its a struggle having parole but getting a speeding and being tracked down by bounty hunters and losing your entire diamond run , excavating ,ect just because you can't get rid of it at the Court house.

Their is no logical explanation why the limits are so low. 

It's one of the easy improvements that can increase everyone's enjoyment for this server. 

I think both of you are being rude and disrespectful to each other. Just a discussion thread. I agree with what Baked Potato is saying, they really need to either increase the speed limit, increase the cost of the ticket or remove the speed cameras entirely. They are completely pointless as all they do is clutter up the bounty list and add no real RP value in my experience. IMO make it so cops use their P07 to catch how fast someone is going and charge them accordingly. 

Phil., Frizzy and Baked Potato like this
1 hour ago, Baked Potato said:

Not only is it annoying for cops to have 10 people with only a few speeding tickets on the wanted list, its a struggle having parole but getting a speeding and being tracked down by bounty hunters and losing your entire diamond run , excavating ,ect just because you can't get rid of it at the Court house.

It's one of the easy improvements that can increase everyone's enjoyment for this server. 

Speeding tickets don't cause you to violate parole therefore bounty hunters don't come after you. Also bounty hunters can't arrest you for a $12 ticket...

I DO however agree speeding tickets need to be fixed. as it stands now there is no point in a $2 ticket so either increase the ticket or remove it completely cuz it is literally pointless and it's annoying having to weed through the wanted list for real bounties.

Edited by Eric916
Baked Potato likes this
9 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

Speeding tickets don't cause you to violate parole therefore bounty hunters don't come after you. Also bounty hunters can't arrest you for a $12 ticket...

I DO however agree speeding tickets need to be fixed. as it stands now there is no point in a $2 ticket so either increase the ticket or remove it completely cuz it is literally pointless and it's annoying having to weed through the wanted list for real bounties.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RP.

2 minutes ago, Baked Potato said:

you can only RP so much with a speeding ticket..

90% i slow down to 70ish at a checkpoint and tap my W key and end up going 94 within half a second..

A good "RPer" can make fantastic stories up in no time, even when it's only a speeding ticket...Even tho I'm not "into" the RP, I still do enjoy it when a nice (not squeaker) comes up to me and tells me a good story why hes wanted.

Thats why I'm here for 2 years, it was fun but now everyone cares about fighting. Asylum is known for the light RP, but now Its almost a wasteland server everyone cares about war kills, statistic and how good you look.

As I said it was fun when you could do both talking / RPing with a nice person and  fighting against other rebels/cops.

Clint Beastwood likes this
5 hours ago, Baked Potato said:

its a struggle having parole but getting a speeding and being tracked down by bounty hunters and losing your entire diamond run

False. This can not happen. You must obtain a bounty over 2k for a bounty hunter to be able to track you.

Is going 90 through a city a safe speed limit? There's your logical explanation.

I guess it would increase everyone's enjoyment if anyone but you actually gave a fuck.

4 hours ago, Baked Potato said:

why do you even reply? you're uselss 

And you're an idiot for getting so worked up over speeding tickets.

I forgot that words can express ones emotion. Oh wait, they don't. Meaning I am not worked up, it's just an easy fix to make the server that much better.

I am more so talking about highways not the city and 90 through a city is still very slow.

I like how you all argue against me when 90% of the server knows I am right but news flash, the majority of the server isn't going to comment but they still know its true.

Personally I can really care less but from my 2k hours of experience I know this small 'fix' would increase the general populations happiness when it comes to speeding tickets. 

Edited by Baked Potato
21 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Please, in real life you cant rebuy your driver license without taking driving lessons...

But here on Altis you can.

Please fuck off with your "in real life its bla bla bla" .... This is still a game.

Why do we need gas in our cars? ammo for our guns? picks to mine? aging barrels to age alcohol? I could go on... and how about you fuck off or contribute something constructive you cuck

Frizzy, Term and Baked Potato like this

Im pretty sure the speed is based off the speed limit signs already present in game.  Raising the price of speeding/upping the limit is honestly the last thing I would want Paratus working on at this point with all the things that are broken or not working as intended.

I am sorry paratus . I didn't know that the coding involved in this would be a major challenge. Thought it was more of an hour or so work.

I personally do think Admins should put up a Vote for a month and depending how positive or negative of the community can be his decision. 

many players have donated real money to play this server I think it is fair to let them decide a few small things such as this..

Edited by Baked Potato
1 hour ago, Baked Potato said:

I am sorry paratus . I didn't know that the coding involved in this would be a major challenge. Thought it was more of an hour or so work.

I personally do think Admins should put up a Vote for a month and depending how positive or negative of the community can be his decision. 

many players have donated real money to play this server I think it is fair to let them decide a few small things such as this..

no.

On 16/08/2016 at 0:36 PM, Baked Potato said:

kys 
You donated money faggot, you didn't pay to play on the server. It was your choice to give your money away, you shouldn't even get rewards.

Miss Evo likes this
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Tiefman said:

Why do we need gas in our cars? ammo for our guns? picks to mine? aging barrels to age alcohol? I could go on... and how about you fuck off or contribute something constructive you cuck

Damn fam calm down fam its a game fam I miss you fam..... 

For real though I do not see a major issue here the speed limits the way they are are just fine. They give you a two dollar ticket that is meant to encourage roleplay why we all play Asylum....I would challenge that no one has ever gotten enough speeding tickets to be tracked by bounty hunters. If you do not like getting pulled over or feel it is a hindrance just slow down at checkpoints or pay them off at courthouses when you get them. Just my thoughts on it they have way too much to fix other than this.

Edited by Frizzy
2 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

Damn fam calm down fam its a game fam I miss you fam..... 

For real though I do not see a major issue here the speed limits the way they are are just fine. They give you a two dollar ticket that is meant to encourage roleplay why we all play Asylum....I would challenge that no one has ever gotten enough speeding tickets to be tracked by bounty hunters. If you do not like getting pulled over or feel it is a hindrance just slow down at checkpoints or pay them off at courthouses when you get them. Just my thoughts on it they have way too much to fix other than this.

my max was 500 speeding tickets ($1k) :( 

Frizzy likes this