Feedback request: New Arms Cartel location

Is the new southern Arms Cartel location enjoyable?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is the new southern Arms Cartel location enjoyable (Altis)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is the new Arms Cartel location enjoyable (Tanoa)?

• Yes
    • No

A seconday location for wong's and oil cartel would be nice too, maybe a oil cartel location off the coast near black market or something? maybe promote some more people to grab SDAR's and diving suit's to go have some fun fighting underwater, a secondary wong's location would just be nice in general but map is such limited to where you could put another cartel

38 minutes ago, bamf said:

We can add defenses to the area, but is the location something that might be worth keeping?  Also, shouldn't the team that is trying to steal the cartel be at a slight disadvantage (since they are technically the "attackers")?

100% agree with this ive always had a problem with defenders getting it easy 

2 hours ago, bamf said:

We can add defenses to the area, but is the location something that might be worth keeping?  Also, shouldn't the team that is trying to steal the cartel be at a slight disadvantage (since they are technically the "attackers")?

In my eyes it should be very close to 50/50. Also, the people pushing are, most of the time, the owners of the cartel. Unless it's a set up agreed apon fight, the team pushing to cap is generally there to save their cartel.

Roice and Haych like this

People fight cartels that are easy to defend, but not hard to attack with a well executed offence. If defending is aids, no one will defend leading to no one fighting, hence why nobody fights the bad locations.

A good ratio is 60%/40% with the defenders being in the advantage, this is what OG Arms is, whereas church is around a 40/60 with attackers having the advantage, yet people always fight them because the scale is not completely off. Cartels with towers are about 70/30 and people still fight them because there will always be a gang willing to defend and there will always be a fight hungry gang willing to attack, always. However if you tip that percentage to a 30/70, well no one is going to fight it because no one is willing to defend. 

Stop looking at forests and mass hills as good cartel terrain, start looking at rock placements, power positions etc.. Rebels will rather fight locations that have good rock cover than fighting something thats surrounded by hills and forests, the Meth House compound and Arms House Cap proves that. Very hard to defend, but still enjoyable because of the terrain you fight in. You can't shift the combat Meta, players are used to current locations and terrains and they enjoy fighting them, its been like this for years, so picking Forest locations is a no-no, it just doesn't go with Asylums combat style, take a look at the terrain of the current most fought caps, and find something similar, then you can start building on it if needed. I can list a handful of locations that have the terrain to support Asylums combat style, you'll just have to do some tweaking in the editor.

Its also a little to early for polling these locations, they have just been released and haven't been in rotation long enough to give solid feedback. 

Edited by Haych
Big Bird, bunni, Bikstok and 3 others like this

Also if the script to prevent water peaking was actually implemented, not just added to the changelog but nothing added to the mission file about it, there is a handful of amazing coastal spots on the map that would be great to fight.

I used to use the water a lot in combat, and adding that script will be in the favour of everyone to make fights more enjoyable, especially if more coastal caps get added. Just saying.

Vincent WY and Roice like this

The first question is a bit blunt, it's 2 different cartels, one fun, one not, one good, one not, it's hard vote yes or no on that one, house cap is good but the other cap could do with some objects being placed there, maybe a blown up truck/car to use as cover, a few trees or such, you know, basic stuff that people can use as cover.

ryno7 likes this
1 hour ago, Jimbo! said:

The first question is a bit blunt, it's 2 different cartels, one fun, one not, one good, one not, it's hard vote yes or no on that one, house cap is good but the other cap could do with some objects being placed there, maybe a blown up truck/car to use as cover, a few trees or such, you know, basic stuff that people can use as cover.

The first question is for the one south of the OG Arms.  The house cap used to be a cartel, but got moved out.  I added it back because people requested it's return a good deal.  

I'll add a picture to show which one I mean to make it more clear.  

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

The first question is for the one south of the OG Arms.  The house cap used to be a cartel, but got moved out.  I added it back because people requested it's return a good deal.  

I'll add a picture to show which one I mean to make it more clear.  

I got it mixed up, my bad, assumed you were asking for feedback about both, the cartel area reminds me of the old drug cap, the one in the middle of the hills that no one made the effort of going to, it has potential but will need a lot of touching with editor, it has very limited cover, especially with the only major cover being a non-enterable house (bought on most servers..), like I mentioned before, a blown up truck/car could provide some more cover but the hills surrounding it is practically the only good place with cover to defend from, promoting more long range combat, the point you should be defending is the cap, defense should always have an equal if not greater chance of winning, like @Haychmentioned, if it is hard to defend, people will not go there, maybe you could add a 2 story broken house, like the heroin processing house, it provides more cover and better yet, unbuyable therefore enterable.  

On 19 August 2016 at 5:46 PM, Bikstok said:

Arms location needs more cover for defenders. I added some in the editor for inspiration:

ajvAGIq.jpg

heO1iLN.jpg

It still seems in favor of the attackers, seeing as the spot is basically in a valley.

I like the look of this bamf. I went to the cap today and seen the broken down house and new objects but the house is wall bang able and on its own and you don't have much cover when you want to move out of the house. The walls in Bikstocks post make the cartel look better for the defenders and could make people want to try take arms when it's here. The house positions also help the fight as there are more houses and it's a bit more cluttered this will be just not as easy for the attacker to know where they are but its not making the attacker at a disadvantage as they have a the hills looking down on cap (most likely). This cartel would be a lot better if you add a few of those things because right now no one wants to defend it because it's too hard so it's almost pointless of having a cap there. 

This is only an opinion don't flame me please if I am wrong!! 

9 minutes ago, bamf said:

I changed the locations a touch last night in dev. The two Arms locations this week have been removed, and I added Sfaka and East Arms into the rotation. We will try those for a week or so. 

Since sfaka is now a cartel would it be possible to make it so you can't spawn into a house within 600m of a cap but make it so the crates not spawn in if contested.

I know alot of people with sfaka houses (arms houses in general) so it makes their house and everything in it worthless now.

Just now, Parker said:

Since sfaka is now a cartel would it be possible to make it so you can't spawn into a house within 600m of a cap but make it so the crates not spawn in if contested.

I know alot of people with sfaka houses (arms houses in general) so it makes their house and everything in it worthless now.

Not exactly, it just means the people in the cap need to destroy there crates for now while its being tested.

All of these cap locations are put out for us to TRY, 

9 minutes ago, Parker said:

There are 4 Arms cartel locations - the only time those houses have reduced functionality is when the cap is in Sfaka. 

1 minute ago, bamf said:

There are 4 Arms cartel locations - the only time those houses have reduced functionality is when the cap is in Sfaka. 

Was there any further discussion on this topic, is this how it will function or will it be all 600m?

Also, is the 600m radius counting from center flag or from the circle?