Bounty Hunter Improvements

Hello! As a bounty hunter, we all know its a pain in the butt when our bounty combat logs. You always feel the need to keep recording at all times in case stuff like that happens which really makes you angry and pissed at everyone, resulting in a worse roleplay when you encounter your bounties. My suggestion to resolve this combat logging issue is when the person is DOWNED or RESTRAINED and LOGS OFF VIA ALT+F4 his boddy still remains in the server so you can take the appropriate action. This is a common thing in many other altis life servers I played in and even wasteland servers. 

What do you guys think, this would not only benefit bounty hunters but everyone who plays following the rules.

.:shrug:

Edited by Mr. Linux
rodrigo silva and LinuxThird like this
3 minutes ago, Churu said:

No, record'n report, dont bounty hunt after people you know will combat logg, once you play the servers enough you get a feeling for who you should bounty hunt and who not to bounty hunt so you dont waste your time.

Are you kidding me, I play on this server for more then a year. I should not have to SEARCH who to bounty hunt, I AM GIVEN FOUR BOUNTIES. IF 3 of them are newbies who will combat log what is THE POINT IN BEING A BOUNTY HUNTER. AND THE ADMIN DOES NOT COMPENSATE FOR THE BOUNTY, ONLY BANS THE PLAYER IF YOU PROVIDE PROOF.

Edited by Mr. Linux
7 minutes ago, Mr. Linux said:

Are you kidding me, I play on this server for more then a year. I should not have to SEARCH who to bounty hunt, I AM GIVEN FOUR BOUNTIES. IF 3 of them are newbies who will combat log what is THE POINT IN BEING A BOUNTY HUNTER. AND THE ADMIN DOES NOT COMPENSATE FOR THE BOUNTY, ONLY BANS THE PLAYER IF YOU PROVIDE PROOF.

lol no one but cancerous Donor camping bounty hunters cares.

Why are you people defending combat log. Are you friking stupid! HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO COMBAT LOG AND AVOID BEING SENT TO JAIL. YOU ARE POLICE. If someone combat logs on you, you have quick access to an admin, ME, i have to eddit a video and make a topic post which takes more then half an hour sometimes only to report a random looser.

Edited by Mr. Linux
1 minute ago, Mr. Linux said:

Why are you people defending combat log. Are you friking stupid! HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO COMBAT LOG AND AVOID BEING SENT TO JAIL. YOU ARE POLICE. If someone combat logs on you, you have quick access to an admin, ME, i have to eddit a video and make a topic post which takes more then half an our sometimes only to report a random looser.

so then don't report him, stop bitching about it and become a rebel.

sounds like you just want attention. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Linux said:

How much money do you guys have, one million right. I have 100k It has to be viable to make money in all jobs. As a bounty hunter you LOSE money more then you make. People RDM you when they see you, they combat log if you catch them, and if you RDM your bounty you get banned.

@Clint Beastwood where is that zoomed in picture of the baby crying in his diaper? 

I need that meme right now

Edited by Dork
1 hour ago, Churu said:

No, record'n report, dont bounty hunt after people you know will combat logg, once you play the servers enough you get a feeling for who you should bounty hunt and who not to bounty hunt so you dont waste your time.

Yeah, no.  Something needs to be done about the absurd amount of combat logging and hunting select people who I don't think will combat log is a terrible suggestion.  I'm not saying his idea is right but the amount of combat logging on Asylum is just sad and something need to be done.

Hank3, Furnie Mack and Eric916 like this
2 hours ago, Mr. Linux said:

Never seen you around... You must be one of those "I HAVE BEEN ON ASYLUM FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR" then this comes up  ba259e682c37fcd0998d11497491f210.png

All you've said has been said before, people complained about BH before, Paratus buff's them to the point were they are OP, people complain now because they are OP, you should learn something, people will always complain and nothing will never ever be fair, just enjoy that its there.

8 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Yeah, no.  Something needs to be done about the absurd amount of combat logging and hunting select people who I don't think will combat log is a terrible suggestion.  I'm not saying his idea is right but the amount of combat logging on Asylum is just sad and something need to be done.

I agree something needs to be done but what really can be done??? All that can really change is if you click send at the courthouse or ur at the courthouse ready to scroll and you have 10 friends guarding you have its 100% guaranteed hes going to jail no matter if people try'n save him or not, possibly then admins should give compensations for his bounty... But what else could be done??? Im sure @Paratus has already tried to figure out this problem and ended up empty handed. Most likely everything you can think of has already been thought of and denied because of abuse, exploits or other things that will simply make the game worse.

Edited by Churu

tumblr_n599rfk8Oo1qz4sowo1_500.gif 

Son, imma try to pass down some sage advice for ya. No bounty is worth bankruptcy... 

You address the combat logging issue from a standpoint of making money. That's why these rebels/criminals are giving ya all this flak. There would be more rich bounty hunters if that were the case. The solution isn't whether you get to claim your bounty money, rather, a WANTED and RESTRAINED bounty who Combat Logs should automatically be placed in jail upon re-logging. 

For the rebels and cops reading this, shut your mouths a minute and hear me out. Record n' Report can be effective, but it's not an instant solution, let alone 100% successful. If criminals are insta-jailed for combat logging out out cop restraints then why can't bounty hunters? Don't give us compensation, but give us justice. We cannot discriminate players who literally cannot afford to properly video record these incidents. However, we can take a step in the right direction by having this game mechanic in place. So that if a target CL's at least we know they'll be in jail and lose their illegal gear for breaking the rules. We can leave the banning to the Player Reports and the Admins who assess them.

On side note, don't blow your cash on chasing bounties. Enjoy this game and know when step back from these stressful situations. Let me know if you need a hand, I'm always happy to help a fellow hunter.

~Cobra

Edited by Cobra
43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Son, imma try to pass down some sage advice for ya. No bounty is worth bankruptcy... 

You address the combat logging issue from a standpoint of making money. That's why these rebels/criminals are giving ya all this flak. There would be more rich bounty hunters if that were the case. The solution isn't whether you get to claim your bounty money, rather, a WANTED and RESTRAINED bounty who Combat Logs should automatically be placed in jail upon re-logging. 

For the rebels and cops reading this, shut your mouths a minute and hear me out. Record n' Report can be effective, but it's not an instant solution, let alone 100% successful. If criminals are insta-jailed for combat logging out out cop restraints then why can't bounty hunters? Don't give us compensation, but give us justice. We cannot discriminate players who literally cannot afford to properly video record these incidents. However, we can take a step in the right direction by having this game mechanic in place. So that if a target CL's at least we know they'll be in jail and lose their illegal gear for breaking the rules. We can leave the banning to the Player Reports and the Admins who assess them.

On side note, don't blow your cash on chasing bounties. Enjoy this game and know when step back from these stressful situations. Let me know if you need a hand, I'm always happy to help a fellow hunter.

~Cobra

I've seen the old "insta-jail for restrained bounties" thread shot down by admins many times.  The argument against it is that there is no guarantee that you would have gotten the bounty to jail.  I am personally for instant jail if the bounty is restrained AND at a courthouse, but I don't think they're willing to do that.  This idea of leaving an AI actually sounds like a decent compromise.  Sorry about all the salty rebels, OP.  +1

Edited by Jack Hoff

Guys, only by leaving the player who combat logs restrained as an AI until the restrain runs off will really improve this problem. If the guy "crashes", which is almost never the case, his friends can rescue his AI body, by unrestraining him or something which causes the player AI to disappear. This is a fairly easy mechanic to implement into the game which I believe will solve this problem, not only for bounty hunters but everyone. If a person alt+f4's his body should remain in the server for 15 seconds (time taken to normaly disconnect). If he is restrained or downed, longer than that. ;)

Edited by Mr. Linux
22 hours ago, Mr. Linux said:

Why are you people defending combat log. Are you friking stupid! HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO COMBAT LOG AND AVOID BEING SENT TO JAIL. YOU ARE POLICE. If someone combat logs on you, you have quick access to an admin, ME, i have to eddit a video and make a topic post which takes more then half an hour sometimes only to report a random looser.

He said friking

Steps on getting comped for a bounty combat logging:

#1 Record the Combat Log...

#2 Report it, wait for the admin to "Action Taken"

#3 Fill out a Comp Request linking the Player Report.

#4 Don't be a dick about it in the comp post ask for comp, explain the player combat logged... Only expect to get half or less of the bounty...

"Combat Logging of Bounty Targets

If a bounty target combat logs on you after you have caught/downed them; it is not our policy to provide guaranteed compensation for the monetary value you would have received if you had succeeded in arresting them. You may request compensation for this; however we are free to decline based on a variety of factors."

I'm willing to be most admins will grant you comp... I know I've had it done before.

Worse case, you request and get denied, best case you get your $.

Request away.

6 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

It is very hard to get comp for bounty loses! I didn't even get any for this and they where right at the courthouse.

Would ask @Volunteer281 & @Olio to help you, especially if you're broke.. now if you have 600k+ in the bank and your trying to get the bounties i can see why it might get denied, but for them to be in the car, at the court house and the loosing connection text to be in the bottom... Kinda shit not to get 1/4th or 1/2 comp..

But whatever.

I've request it before, and had it granted (it was month and months ago) but yea...

17 hours ago, Jack Hoff said:

I've seen the old "insta-jail for restrained bounties" thread shot down by admins many times.  The argument against it is that there is no guarantee that you would have gotten the bounty to jail.  I am personally for instant jail if the bounty is restrained AND at a courthouse, but I don't think they're willing to do that.  This idea of leaving an AI actually sounds like a decent compromise.  Sorry about all the salty rebels, OP.  +1

Assuming all people are restrained because they are wanted and disconnect on purpose isnt that great an idea. 

Kajun likes this

An admin once told me (2 days ago) that they no longer compensate four bounties, proof doesn't matter. I made the math and about 30% of all asylum players record their gameplay. I doubt new players will come to the server and learn the importance to record. I am sure new players mostly try out the bounty hunting feature and get screwed and quit. This combat logging madness has to be fixed.

4 hours ago, Kajun said:

Steps on getting comped for a bounty combat logging:

#1 Record the Combat Log...

#2 Report it, wait for the admin to "Action Taken"

#3 Fill out a Comp Request linking the Player Report.

#4 Don't be a dick about it in the comp post ask for comp, explain the player combat logged... Only expect to get half or less of the bounty...

"Combat Logging of Bounty Targets

If a bounty target combat logs on you after you have caught/downed them; it is not our policy to provide guaranteed compensation for the monetary value you would have received if you had succeeded in arresting them. You may request compensation for this; however we are free to decline based on a variety of factors."

I'm willing to be most admins will grant you comp... I know I've had it done before.

Worse case, you request and get denied, best case you get your $.

Request away.

Couldn't say it any better. Do as Kajun said, and if it won't work out, then there's not much to do about it.

I think if there is a way to turn them into AI so you can turn your bounty in that would help. Then the next time they log in, assuming they havent been banned, they will be in jail. The restraints break when they are supposed to, and when the restraints are broke, or taken off by a gang member or whomever, the AI then disappears simulating the bounty got away. 

This will allow BH'ers to turn in bounties while still allowing their friends to have a chance to free them. The way I see it, this would be the fair option for both parties. 

23 hours ago, Cobra said:

~Cobra

+1

Nothing is more frustrating than getting somebody with a high bounty, having them at the courthouse, and having them combat log. I've easily lost over a mil in prospective bounties this way, and gotten a *max* of 100k back in compensation. That's over 900k in lost money, honor, and time. Yes, I got the combat loggers banned, but even I sometimes forget to record or screenshot, and it shouldn't be a requirement for bounty hunters to have to record every single time we go hunting in case someone combat logs. It's an epidemic, really.

I've talked to admins, and I recognize the issues with instant-ban CL (what if someone is kidnapping somebody, etc.) but I 100% agree with jailing somebody for CLing if they're tied up. Even if the tied up person is kidnapped, they shouldn't CL, so in my eyes jail would be an appropriate solution for all situations.

On September 7, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Mr. Linux said:

How much money do you guys have, one million right. I have 100k It has to be viable to make money in all jobs. As a bounty hunter you LOSE money more then you make. People RDM you when they see you, they combat log if you catch them, and if you RDM your bounty you get banned.

Be rebel steal cars chop them