Feign picking for APD UC + disable player list

@bamf @Paratus @Gnashes @speed

A few suggestions I have that should be fairly easy to implement for UC that would make it a much more viable way to play as cop and I'm hoping you take it into consideration:

1. Add the ability to feign picking (e.g. act like you're picking up weed or heroin) - I've noticed that while at these fields, we just stand around or run around but never make a picking animation which automatically puts us under suspicion, even by newbie players.

2. Disable the ability for users to view the player list. Most of the experienced players use it to see who is a cop and therefore it constantly blows UC's cover. This could be used as a short term band-aid until a more comprehensive UC system is put in place. 

Thanks!

Mr. Slick, George, Crossfade and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

A few suggestions I have that should be fairly easy to implement for UC that would make it a much more viable way to play as cop and I'm hoping you take it into consideration:

1. Add the ability to feign picking (e.g. act like you're picking up weed or heroin) - I've noticed that while at these fields, we just stand around or run around but never make a picking animation which automatically puts us under suspicion, even by newbie players.

2. Disable the ability for users to view the player list. Most of the experienced players use it to see who is a cop and therefore it constantly blows UC's cover. This could be used as a short term band-aid until a more comprehensive UC system is put in place. 

Thanks!

1. Just pick barley or berries?

2. Disabling the J player list doesnt matter. I could go to lobby and see. Go to TS and see, etc etc. It's just inconveniencing people, because the player list has legitimate uses

1 minute ago, Axe said:

2. Disabling the J player list doesnt matter. I could go to lobby and see. Go to TS and see, etc etc. It's just inconveniencing people, because the player list has legitimate uses

Picking barley/berry at heroin field? And people already in game wouldn't really bother soft logging just to check the lobby, that would be acceptable vs just hitting CTRL-P and knowing instantly. 

2 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Picking barley/berry at heroin field? And people already in game wouldn't really bother soft logging just to check the lobby, that would be acceptable vs just hitting CTRL-P and knowing instantly. 

> Y

> Sync

>shift + - Endmission or actually wait 15 seconds

>Scroll through player list

>Return to game.

Takes all of 30 seconds tbh. 

And there are plenty of barley/berries IIRC.

Even so, just bring a FAK and drop it and scroll wheel pick it up. It's the same animation. Be creative with it. 

Edited by Axe
Mike Stmria likes this
1 minute ago, Axe said:

> Y

> Sync

>shift + - Endmission or actually wait 15 seconds

>Scroll through player list

>Return to game.

Takes all of 30 seconds tbh. 

And there are plenty of barley/berries IRRC.

Even so, just bring a FAK and drop it and scroll wheel pick it up. It's the same animation. Be creative with it. 

Have you done UC? Because even new players aren't that stupid dude. 

Lex Tempest likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Have you done UC? Because even new players aren't that stupid dude. 

Have I done UC? 

hmmmm. 

Lets see here.....

Whitelisted Sept 2014. 

Cpl for 1 yr +

So yes. And UC was in a much worse state in 2014/15 than it is now. 

And unless someone is standing on your nuts, no one is going to know you're picking up a FAK. 

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

Have I done UC? 

hmmmm. 

Lets see here.....

Whitelisted Sept 2014. 

Cpl for 1 yr +

So yes. And UC was in a much worse state in 2014/15 than it is now. 

And unless someone is standing on your nuts, no one is going to know you're picking up a FAK. 

Were you blood bagging prestige the entire time? :lol: No, seriously though, just today at heroin field there were two of us with two other newbie players and we ran around acting like we were picking up stuff (even used the half salute animation to semi fake it). They had their suspicions but weren't 100% sure but after they were busted, they said, "when we noticed you didn't make the proper picking animation, we thought something was up and figured you might be cops but you guys were nice so we brushed it off". Those were almost complete newbies in offroads, more experienced players would've put a bullet in our back. There's no harm in adding an animation that fake picks that could be bound  to a custom control.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Were you blood bagging prestige since then? Seriously though, just today at heroin field there were two of us with two other newbie players and we ran around acting like we were picking up stuff (even used the salute animation to semi fake it). They had their suspicions but weren't 100% sure but after they were busted, they said, "when we noticed you didn't make the proper picking animation, we thought something was up and figured you might be cops but you guys were nice so we brushed it off". Those were almost complete newbies in offroads, more experienced players would've put a bullet in our back.

Ok. But A) It was mentioned a year and a half ago UC is not designed to fool experience players (Actual experienced players, the ones who have more than 500hrs). It's not it's intent. It'd be a clusterfuck if it was.

B.) The pick up animation for a singular dropped item via scroll wheel is the EXACT animation that plays when you pick barley/berry/heroin

If I have to go in game to prove it I will, but you should honestly just believe me. 

3 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Were you blood bagging prestige the entire time? :lol: No, seriously though, just today at heroin field there were two of us with two other newbie players and we ran around acting like we were picking up stuff (even used the half salute animation to semi fake it). They had their suspicions but weren't 100% sure but after they were busted, they said, "when we noticed you didn't make the proper picking animation, we thought something was up and figured you might be cops but you guys were nice so we brushed it off". Those were almost complete newbies in offroads, more experienced players would've put a bullet in our back.

Most experienced players would have a put a bullet in your back the second you show up to a field. I don't know anyone whos willing to risk there drugs to let you run yours side by side I sure as fuck wouldn't.

As for the under cover part , I did exactly what axe said when i was a corporal

BioHazard likes this
3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Ok. But A) It was mentioned a year and a half ago UC is not designed to fool experience players (Actual experienced players, the ones who have more than 500hrs). It's not it's intent. It'd be a clusterfuck if it was.

B.) The pick up animation for a singular dropped item via scroll wheel is the EXACT animation that plays when you pick barley/berry/heroin

If I have to go in game to prove it I will, but you should honestly just believe me. 

The fact that it can't fool experienced players is a big problem that needs to be addressed. And I believe you about the pick up animation, but again, a simple hotkey for doing it would solve the trouble of having to drop a Y menu item just to grab it again and hope they don't notice.

1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

Most experienced players would have a put a bullet in your back the second you show up to a field. I don't know anyone whos willing to risk there drugs to let you run yours side by side I sure as fuck wouldn't.

As for the under cover part , I did exactly what axe said when i was a corporal

True, some would have but I've run into guys with truck boxers and even a hemmt that didn't shoot on sight (this was at cocaine). I convinced them I was friendly and they didn't shoot. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
6 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Thanks!

I like number 2.

6 hours ago, Axe said:

You can go to the lobby, but 90% wont, being able to look at a list of a dude right infront of you is better than trying to remember. Scenario: you are driving a ifrit you go to pull into DMV to store it you see a man standing there suspicious are you going to log out and check? Or with the list ingame drive past look real quick and make the decision. Maybe you remember him from when you logged in an hour ago and saw him maybe not, maybe he logged in after you had. At the end of the day you can log out and check or make a list of who was uc when you were on, but having a tool to instant check without bringing you out of a situation or the game end up being annoying since not all UC are on at the same times and can change since you last checked.. then yeah I'd say instead of focusing on the cons look at the pros instead of completely trying to shoot the suggestion down.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
6 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

@bamf @Paratus @speed

I like this idea, shouldnt be too much work to make

6 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

People shouldnt, if the cops show up, just shoot out his wheel and evade. Leave him behind as bait :P 

4 hours ago, speed said:

I'll add in #1. Probably need some input from @bamf / @Paratus for #2.

It would be a little harder to implement but make it so slot can be chosen from a list when you enter the game from a pop up menu or something like that. It might say beside it like 1 of 3 slots filled also. So at least they don't know you are UC just from the lobby, then you could name change to further throw someone off a bit more effiecivly. Surely there must be someway to disable/remove the player-list on the map, all UC would greatly appreciate it.