Cop Restraints Notification

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

Currently, when Cop restraint fall off; there is no notification. This can lead to a pissing battle with an admin if someone jumps into the driver seat or jumps out of the car

6fcd4121789f58c7ea407a3e45ba93fc.png

Would it be possible to add a notification (similar to "you've unrestrained this player") this this function? 

"Your restraints seemed to have fallen off!"

A few reasons why I think it'd be an improvement

1. It'd clean up game-play (right now it's a magic unexplained event handler to new players)
  2. It'd clean up "exploit" bans from situations where a player jumps into driver and drives away. 
    • Currently there is no way to prove that you indeed COULD jump out of the car / into driver seat. Even recording 10 minutes isn't a guarantee that that admin is going to agree with you
Edited by Professor Pericles
Jwilly, BlackShot and Olivia like this
10 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Its kicks you from the car if you try drive restrained as far as i know. Adding a notification wont solve anything and probably wont be added.

A few thoughts.

• What if a player gets a ban due to "SCRIPT" failure? (We don't know how he didn't get kicked out but he should have!) That script isnt always 100%
  • What about jumping out of a Moving car when not initiated (say bounty hunters, lockpick a police car and drive way from the cops)?
  • What about players that have no idea why their cuffs just fell off. 

Sounds like it'd solve a few things. Illegitimate exploit bans are my focus here

Edited by Professor Pericles
4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

You can't drive while restrained, it kicks you out of the car.

You also physically can't get unrestrained automatically by cop cuffs unless there are no cops within 500M... So there wouldn't be anyone there to report you anyway

Except bounty hunters.

Who happen to report a player for jumping out of a car.

My point is; there are more instances where this will be helpful than useless

Olivia likes this
6 hours ago, Professor Pericles said:

A few thoughts.

• What if a player gets a ban due to "SCRIPT" failure? (We don't know how he didn't get kicked out but he should have!) That script isnt always 100%
  • What about jumping out of a Moving car when not initiated (say bounty hunters, lockpick a police car and drive way from the cops)?
  • What about players that have no idea why their cuffs just fell off. 

Sounds like it'd solve a few things. Illegitimate exploit bans are my focus here

xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd 

Professor Pericles likes this