Change Log 6.6.0

Paratus

30 minutes ago, SV_Paul said:

Why not make the night cycle much shorter instead of just removing it completely? 

Right now a server cycle goes from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM ingame time. That means not a lot of changes in the position of the sun, which is a little dull. Imagine trying to push a cartel and always having the sun in your eyes from a specific angle. Pushing meth cartel from the west might be a lot harder now, if you have the sun in your eyes for a much longer time than usual.

Personally I would like server restart to happen around 20:00 ingame time. That way you get a little feel for the night time without being forced to use NV.

Edited by Bikstok
Olivia, Felix and Treeherder like this

I really don't see why people want night.  Nightvision was widely avaliable and Arma does not make good use of its lighting, so making use of car lights and flashlights was kinda pointless.  I don't miss it at all and no, I wouldn't be considered apart of the competitive FPS crowd, I rarely do cartels or gang turfs.  I mainly play cop and fuck around on civilian.  I like the alternative of having more weather, so like fog and rain.  I think that will bring more immersion than night on a game where everyone had nightvision

CyanogenCX likes this
1 hour ago, CyanogenCX said:

To whoever said "Does it mean that there will be no night any more? If yes can i ask what the actual f***? Is this more realistic now? Wtf. Won't play if not fixed ;("

You're trying to make the game realistic. Do you run around at night wearing night vision goggles?

Im not! And what about my dream about Ultimate epic heist at night? ;((((

Edited by Matrixar
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I really don't see why people want night.  Nightvision was widely avaliable and Arma does not make good use of its lighting, so making use of car lights and flashlights was kinda pointless.  I don't miss it at all and no, I wouldn't be considered apart of the competitive FPS crowd, I rarely do cartels or gang turfs.  I mainly play cop and fuck around on civilian.  I like the alternative of having more weather, so like fog and rain.  I think that will bring more immersion than night on a game where everyone had nightvision

Had 2 years to have done that.

8 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Bugs :

Cartels take WAY longer to cap now.

Turfs are up longer.

If you aren't on the server the Liquor in your brewers doesn't age.

If you drive through a speeding camera and it flashes your contrast changes.

Other than that this patch is legit 10/10 and now just fix the lagginess of direct / group and GG!

diseased just blasted me with his shotgun

On 1/16/2016 at 0:35 AM, JimmyBeans said:

I'm not surprised you never had any night time RP experiences, you're a competitive FPS player here through and through.

competitive FPS players made this community what it is. If people were coming here for solely RP purposes, then they would most likely just go to CG or another hardcore rp server. This is a competitive server that gives people a chance to interact with others (a community). Everything about it is competitive. Shooting, money making, Ranking systems, etc. It's meant to be competitive / enjoyable first, then RP second.