Suggestion for constable promotion.

I think a new requirement to be promoted to constable is a BCT (basic combat training) session teaching cadets things like combat stance, bullet penetration, how to lock down an hq, HVT processing among other things. i know it should be other officers responsibility to teach them in game, but i think it would be better to give them practice in the training server that way they don't royally fuck something up in game and get in trouble. these trainings should be hosted weekly at a set date and time along with other dates at training officers discretion.

A lot of that is simply taught through the guidebook or acquired through playing/general common sense. Cadet's aren't expected to be the next top tier legend when in combat and some may prefer to simply role-play so why should they be required to do this if they are a good cop? I don't see how they can fuck up outside if they know the guidebook and server rules.

Olivia likes this
Just now, Brandon said:

@Matthew as i said basics. mostly cop stuff like hvt processing and locking down an hq flying a helo if needed

http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Helicopter_Manual

http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Processing#HVT_Procedure

Locking down a HQ is common sense and if the constable(s)+ do not organize the HQ to be locked down, it's their fault for being idiots.

BlackShot likes this
Just now, Matthew said:

http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Helicopter_Manual

http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Processing#HVT_Procedure

Locking down a HQ is common sense and if the constable(s)+ do not organize the HQ to be locked down, it's their fault for being idiots.

Honestly I personally agree asking questions from the guidebook and "watching their RP" really is not enough, I think they should be able to show that they know these basic things like processing HVT and locking down an HQ. How many times when processing an HVT do you actually see people NOT locking down the HQ, most run around and listen to RP. I think we could do a bit better during the training and ride-a-long process for sure.

Yeah it's "their fault" but it effects everyone around them, not just them. So if we can really instill this at training, not just reading it in the guidebook, I think the future waves will be quicker to take action and ask for a better setup.

Heidelberg, Brandon, Jwilly and 2 others like this
Just now, Churu said:

how about this, New requirement for corporal is you must be mock RA certified, and you must have done at least 1 mock ride along.

Or simply mock RA certified...

Corporal isn't made to have any form of responsibilites outside of "play the game like normal".

SGT/LT/Captain are where the responsibilities start to show up.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Corporal isn't made to have any form of responsibilites outside of "play the game like normal".

SGT/LT/Captain are where the responsibilities start to show up.

im not saying its a responsibility, im saying it should be a requirement to reach the rank, as a way of preparing them for the sgt rank if they so wish to go for that and higher...

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think a new requirement to be promoted to constable is a BCT (basic combat training) session teaching cadets things like combat stance, bullet penetration, how to lock down an hq, HVT processing among other things. i know it should be other officers responsibility to teach them in game, but i think it would be better to give them practice in the training server that way they don't royally fuck something up in game and get in trouble. these trainings should be hosted weekly at a set date and time along with other dates at training officers discretion.

No, the new requirement should be 1 month as a cadet now that there is no way to track whether they play civ or not. One week was already laughably low since anyone can cram a few hours and get a pass. Making it longer would give more time for officers to teach, review, and judge a cadet based on actions and understanding.  Over the course of a month an officer should certainly be able to pick up and retain the information as opposed to just cramming it in for the test.  

Edited by HotWings
Mike Stmria, Olivia, {-M-} and 1 other like this

IMO That's what cadet week is about. If the Sgt+ staff is not hearing what they are being teach by the Cst or Cpls maybe they need to stop playing the minimum and only with their friends. They enlisted to Sgt for a reason and on of the reasons is this, supervise the APD.

I like the idea of 1 month as cadet as there is no way to track their time.

Bama, BishopActual, {-M-} and 4 others like this
52 minutes ago, Bama said:

These are basic things that should be taught during the cadet week.

No need to make a training or requirement to be promoted.

What he is saying is that its not happening, its not "tested" maybe something to add to the ride-a-long, even if its "explain to me the process of processing an HVT" "what is your role in the process" etc. If that's being done, its not enough, something so basic should be instilled.

52 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

2017-02-22_14-03-43.png

Well, not yet.

Thats a precinct specific requirement, this does not apply on other precincts than #1.

That screenshot is not to be mistaken for the official guidebook, it's a precinct specific google doc.

1 hour ago, Churu said:

how about this, New requirement for corporal is you must be mock RA certified, and you must have done at least 1 mock ride along.

Or simply mock RA certified...

He's talking about promotion from cadet to constable, not to corporal. And in this case the knowledge of corporals aren't isn't relevant.

@Brandon I do think that your idea is good, this is something that could be added to the ride along. But i think a cadet shouldn't simply be tested on these skills but rather make sure that they are aware of those basic things before they get promoted. aka, find out what they don't know about the basics and then teach them. Then do the RA like normally.

Edited by Midamaru
BlackShot likes this
17 minutes ago, Olio said:

What he is saying is that its not happening, its not "tested" maybe something to add to the ride-a-long, even if its "explain to me the process of processing an HVT" "what is your role in the process" etc. If that's being done, its not enough, something so basic should be instilled.

Yeah could of worded my response different and that was one of my major questions on my ride along document. Seems like a lot of people are getting rushed in cadet week and only learning bare minimum.

Everyone needs to take a step back and quit worrying about promotions and take the time to teach these new guys the fundamentals.

Mike Stmria, HotWings and Olivia like this

Nowadays each batch of cadets is worse; that results worse constables and that results in worse cadets. If APD ranks were earned by combat skills, I would be the chief o police. Back in my day, when LTs did ridealongs, constables were much better formed. I hope that corporal is earned through dedication, knowladge of the guidebook and competence.

:salt:

Edited by Mr. Linux
Berus and massi like this
10 minutes ago, Mr. Linux said:

Nowadays each batch of cadets is worse; that results worse constables and that results in worse cadets. If APD ranks were earned by combat skills, I would be the chief o police. Back in my day, when LTs did ridealongs, constables were much better formed. I hope that corporal is earned through dedication, knowladge of the guidebook and competence.

:salt:

Why do you think Sgts got it back?  Wasnt working out with LTs doing it.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Linux said:

:kappa: 

and 90% of the people in the APD would be gone. It's not all about combat.

Mr. Linux, Olivia and HotWings like this
Just now, Mr. Linux said:

probably to handle the amount of ridealongs. A LT would do 100 ridealongs now with sgts, they dont have to do it anymore.

lol, LTs ride alongs we basically interviews in the senior police chamber.  Honestly Sgt ride alongs were much better before the most recent wave of Sgts :shrug:

Edited by HotWings
Mike Stmria likes this
57 minutes ago, HotWings said:

It actually didnt, the policy was that the "ride along" was done in an interview format in the chambers.  

Multiple constables told me as a cadet that they did their ridealong in game. The lt who did my ridealong said that he prefered cadets to drive in order for them not to cheat (even though I did mine on a random ts channel) lol

Edited by Mr. Linux
3 minutes ago, Berus said:

So, cadets would be "locked" in the APD for a entire month ?

since cadets can play civ, wouldn't a cadet month make better cadets?

I think it was a week due to the fact of players wanting to play civ after not playing it for a while and would get removed if they logged on without permission. 

Edited by MrClean
Berus and Olivia like this
7 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Cadets may play civ now, since cadets can play civ a longer cadet period would not be over the top as they can take breaks as needed.

8 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

8a440a868af403e6060ccc03f7acc877.png

20 minutes ago, MrClean said:

since cadets can play civ, wouldn't a cadet month make better cadets?

I think it was a week due to the fact of players wanting to play civ after not playing it for a while and would get removed if they logged on without permission. 

Oh, i didn't see it changed, thanks for the info

1 hour ago, Jaeger said:

You are clearly new to the APD. Sgt had the task to do RA for a long time, then for some reason they decided to hand that to LT's. Didn't work, give them back to the Sgt's.

Yes i remember, I became a cadet about that time when it was LT only..

Edited by Mr. Linux