Drug Fields

Any thing that has a red ring around should be a 1 life rule. Ive literally killed cops in 4 different scenarios at coke field and then they just keep coming back. Today I killed a cop and i was cleaning up the area trying to get the cars and shit and the same cop came back and got me. I think this is bullshit that they can just keep coming back, now i understand if its reinforcements but the same cop should not allowed to come back.

Xehons likes this
Just now, Dillonboi08 said:

I was doing it the other day with 4 of us, 7 cops came. We killed them all, by the time i got one of my dudes free from restraints the same 7 started trickling back in. 

you're supposed to put him in the car, take him somewhere secluded and then lockpick him

Just now, Dejia said:

I personally agree with the rebels. If I die in a field or processing as long as I was the only one there and had no one restrqined. I would normally just leave and let the rebels have a win.

That's just me though.

I dont disagree, I dont typically go back, BUT at the same time I think its normally the best idea to vacate the area temporarily.

30 minutes ago, Dillonboi08 said:

Any thing that has a red ring around should be a 1 life rule. Ive literally killed cops in 4 different scenarios at coke field and then they just keep coming back. Today I killed a cop and i was cleaning up the area trying to get the cars and shit and the same cop came back and got me. I think this is bullshit that they can just keep coming back, now i understand if its reinforcements but the same cop should not allowed to come back.

It has Alrdy been brought up to higher ups and nothing changes... we wiped cops 5-6 times we tried leaving but they kept coming back since we was in a hemmit they always caught up. That's s1 tho... don't know how other cops on other servers are... before I left s2 it was just as bad..

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

It has Alrdy been brought up to higher ups and nothing changes... we wiped cops 5-6 times we tried leaving but they kept coming back since we was in a hemmit they always caught up. That's s1 tho... don't know how other cops on other servers are... before I left s2 it was just as bad..

Every time I play cop on 2 im the only one not in Kavala it seems lol

I think i get it and I see where you are coming from. However I think you had the chance to leave aswell. Since it was a 1v1 fight then it's understandable that he came back. And since it was a 1v1 fight it's also understandable that you think you were safe to stay just a little longer.

18 minutes ago, Dillonboi08 said:

I think some people on this thread get it and some dont at all

Only rebel outposts follow the 1 life rule :http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Patrolling

If you do not like the current state of patrolling drug fields/processors, make a suggestion to change it here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/72-suggestion-box/

I too would like a 1 life rule applied to more things. Once you get caught at a drug field, you're screwed for good.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Only rebel outposts follow the 1 life rule :http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Patrolling

If you do not like the current state of patrolling drug fields/processors, make a suggestion to change it here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/72-suggestion-box/

I think he is starting a discussion to see what people think about it to then make a suggestion about this. Could be wrong tho.

Gen. Henry Arnold likes this

I do wish there was more of a life rule with drug fields.  If you die, I don't think that officer should keep coming back but other officers in the area is fine.  I would usally just clear out or finish loading my vehicle and get out of there and store the shit in my house for a bit and continue then.  You already know the processor of whatever drug you're doing is going to be borderline camped.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
Cobra likes this

The problem with having a life rule at drug locations is that there will be civs/rebels who will scream and preach how an officer/ bounty hunter / rebel / civ broke the life rule. It's bad enough side chat blows up when someone gets caught or killed at the drug fields. I seen people threaten bans because of supposed "life rules" being broken. I believe it's a great concept, but at the end of the day it should be left to the discretion of the player and not a rule. People would and will use it to loop hole out of situation that normally requires common sense to resolve to begin with. 

TL;DR: Life rules can be abused, it won't solve much. Learn some situational awareness and when to retreat from spamming units.

Edited by Cobra
23 hours ago, Dillonboi08 said:

Why should I have to leave an area if I killed the cops? now if DIFFERENT COPS  want to come then thats understandable. 

The reason cops can come back is to simulate a bigger police force. Think about it like if you kill 4 police officers and are in possession of thousands of dollars worth of illegal contraband you are going to have an army of officers coming for you.

Is generally less than 10 officers on a server and take into account they have all of altis to patroll and a few are generally cadets. Respawning and coming back is the only way for cops to have reliable reinforcments without depriving the whole server of cop presence( like what happens during bank or fed)