The desync is finally showing up for me (evidence)

So far I had 0 problems with the desync on the servers, but tonight it was really showing up, and it was likely my first encounter with it.

Is it server lag, or DDOS? If its DDOS I understand that you can't really do much about it, DDOS protection that we currently have is probably the best that is available with the budget. But if it is just server lag, then something really needs to be done to get rid of it.

@Kryptonn I finally get what you've been complaining about. @Paratus if you're wondering, this was around 11:15 PM EST, 1-26-16

Treeontyn likes this
33 minutes ago, Haphazard said:

lol. you truly have no clue

ezgif-2603097583.gif?1426267180

Step 1. Look at this

b40b7b3650088072f4bace1f2627ff28.png

Step 2. Rewatch the main video

$187,859 of the asking $150,000. Looks to me like there's a little more money to splash out on better server host than your basement eh? Also didn't they say some money will be going towards hiring some new developers to help the ARMA server? That clearly didnt happen so there is some more extra cash to splash. The only new developer we seen was Captain Alan and he didn't last long. I could be completely wrong but from my point of view and everyone but the admins point of view the severs are a tad laggy. Hard to play on an RP server when the moment someone presses direct chat they fly to Kavala.

im-just-sayin_1544.gif

The thoughts that any of that money was earmarked for the Arma server is utterly false. It was all for identity. that was the purpose of the kickstarter. lol. The funds for a new Dev were for a dev for Identity, Alan was being paid by other means. Also, its been pretty well known for ages that the servers aren't hosted "in the basement". More of your ridiculous bullshit.

The admins do know its laggy, we play with the same lag that you guys do everynight. Paratus has been trying to pin down what it is, but the fact that we're under almost constant DDOS doesn't really help in that regard.

Sergio and Reavantos like this
5 hours ago, Haphazard said:

The thoughts that any of that money was earmarked for the Arma server is utterly false. It was all for identity. that was the purpose of the kickstarter. lol. The funds for a new Dev were for a dev for Identity, Alan was being paid by other means. Also, its been pretty well known for ages that the servers aren't hosted "in the basement". More of your ridiculous bullshit.

The admins do know its laggy, we play with the same lag that you guys do everynight. Paratus has been trying to pin down what it is, but the fact that we're under almost constant DDOS doesn't really help in that regard.

Start with reverting contrast changE.

Not gonna deny, I too seen weird skipping around by people which I did not see maybe a month ago. We still had desync but it was different. Like people would run in place for a sec instead of skipping around like they do now. 

I tried to monitor Server FPS and RAM usage and network utilization but so far I could not figure out what exactly is the culprit. It lags with high server fps and with low fps. 

Sergio likes this
3 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Not gonna deny, I too seen weird skipping around by people which I did not see maybe a month ago. We still had desync but it was different. Like people would run in place for a sec instead of skipping around like they do now. 

Thats the group/direct chat thing. Once they stop talking they stop skipping. from what ive noticed.

20 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

oh, lol thats the video of you RDM'ing me.

Would you mind adding the 5:00 minutes prior so that i dont have to upload my own.

Thanks Bae. 

What? I kill 2 people in the video. A cop (I was initiated with all the cops in Kavala) and a guy who told me to put my hands up. What are you talking about? It doesn't show that you're an APD officer on the forums, so the only other person you can be is kingaroo?

If you are Steven, I already initiated with the whole cop force in Kavala within the past 5 minutes, have it on video as well.

On topic: So do you admins know if it was DDOS, or was it something else?

Edited by CyanogenCX
7 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

Step 1. Look at this

b40b7b3650088072f4bace1f2627ff28.png

Step 2. Rewatch the main video

$187,859 of the asking $150,000. Looks to me like there's a little more money to splash out on better server host than your basement eh? Also didn't they say some money will be going towards hiring some new developers to help the ARMA server? That clearly didnt happen so there is some more extra cash to splash. The only new developer we seen was Captain Alan and he didn't last long. I could be completely wrong but from my point of view and everyone but the admins point of view the severs are a tad laggy. Hard to play on an RP server when the moment someone presses direct chat they fly to Kavala.

im-just-sayin_1544.gif

Pr813V9.gif

SheriffJohnBeard likes this
53 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

What? I kill 2 people in the video. A cop (I was initiated with all the cops in Kavala) and a guy who told me to put my hands up. What are you talking about? It doesn't show that you're an APD officer on the forums, so the only other person you can be is kingaroo?

If you are Steven, I already initiated with the whole cop force in Kavala within the past 5 minutes, have it on video as well.

On topic: So do you admins know if it was DDOS, or was it something else?

i am the cop you killed lol. I was just promoted back to constable and takes a little while for it to transfer over on the forums...

Needless to say, their was no initiation. Blacklisted was initiated with the cops, you just decided to walk over with an mk14 and join the fun.

No officer informed anyone that you were engaged and everyone you killed stated it was RDM. 

The second time around when you were by Boa spawn, you initiated through a text message like a true kavalian

12 hours ago, CyanogenCX said:

So far I had 0 problems with the desync on the servers, but tonight it was really showing up, and it was likely my first encounter with it.

Is it server lag, or DDOS? If its DDOS I understand that you can't really do much about it, DDOS protection that we currently have is probably the best that is available with the budget. But if it is just server lag, then something really needs to be done to get rid of it.

@Kryptonn I finally get what you've been complaining about. @Paratus if you're wondering, this was around 11:15 PM EST, 1-26-16

Looks normal to me :)

1 hour ago, wr4thx said:

Needless to say, their was no initiation. Blacklisted was initiated with the cops, you just decided to walk over with an mk14 and join the fun.

No officer informed anyone that you were engaged and everyone you killed stated it was RDM. 

If no officer informed anyone that I was engaged with the APD then it is their fault, not mine.

Here is me engaging twice with you guys:

And then obviously you are aware that I am engaged with you, which is why you guys are hunting me down, and you try impounding my SUV without even texting me.

All of my kills on guys were easily within 5 minutes of each kill, with the first one being within 5 minutes of me initiating.

Ayy lmao. I think you're just salty I killed you 3 times.

Anyways, please try to keep this on topic bro. You wanna report me for RDM? go ahead, just don't derail this thread.

Edited by CyanogenCX

1. you impersonated a cop while on CIV being a whitelisted payer. :kappa:

2. the video was literally like 10 minutes before you ever shot me or at any other officer.

3. hit the wrong button on your car when i went to check registration 

Upload the whole video to show everyone how pointless your argument is here. 

No salt here. Desync was fucking everybody during this recording (My screen you were aiming but not shooting) , just pointing out things that people do wrong on this server 24/7

14 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

1. you impersonated a cop while on CIV being a whitelisted payer. :kappa:

Are you actually being serious right now, or are you trolling? There is nothing wrong with telling someone else I am APD and to put your hands up.

14 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

2. the video was literally like 10 minutes before you ever shot me or at any other officer.

literally 10 minutes? here you go buddy:

stop talking out of your ass

Edited by CyanogenCX
4 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Always been my thought. Make Asylum a bit worse "accidentally" here and there (6.0, obvious so blatant), and assume Identity will sweep in to save us all!!! Uhh, too bad no one will play Identity if development even comes within a mile of how Asylum's is. True

Maybe there'll be another backdoor in Identity so the databases can be erased again. 

Edited by epTic
9 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Always been my thought. Make Asylum a bit worse "accidentally" here and there  (6.0, obvious so blatant)

Are you saying 6.0 update was an intentional sabotage to the QoL of the servers? As far as what, the money cap to "balance the economy"?  Or are you hinting at something else?  Not attacking you whatsoever, just curious.  Guess I was out of the loop on that one.

Also, I don't think the current state of the servers is some kind of planned obsolescence but, I do love a good conspiracy :)

Just now, blinky said:

Are you saying 6.0 update was an intentional sabotage to the QoL of the servers? As far as what, the money cap to "balance the economy"?  Or are you hinting at something else?  Not attacking you whatsoever, just curious.  Guess I was out of the loop on that one.

Also, I don't think the current state of the servers is some kind of planned obsolescence but, I do love a good conspiracy :)

The infrastructure isn't up yet for a majority of Identity, so Paratus is using Arma as a testing ground to find out what's well received and what's not. 

1 minute ago, blinky said:

It absolutely was. How could you be so naive and foolish to intentionally do what they did to Asylum? Just like how SWG Was killed the the NGE combat update, Sony was planning a new game a few years down the road. Lets just say they foaled hard, and they are worth millions. I can't imagine how hard Asylum will fail who knows 

Edited by Kryptonn
8 minutes ago, epTic said:

The infrastructure isn't up yet for a majority of Identity, so Paratus is using Arma as a testing ground to find out what's well received and what's not. 

Nothing wrong with that, but I hope there is a plethora of actions and ideas in identity that wouldn't be possible with ArmA.  

EDIT: So basically i think he can only use ArmA to barley touch on some of the ideas he wants to use it Idenity. Unless Identity is identical to ArmA, realistically how much could he add to the game for testing purposes? 

Edited by blinky
2 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

It absolutely was. How could you be so naive and foolish to intentionally do what they did to Asylum? Just like how SWG Was killed the the NGE combat update, Sony was planning a new game a few years down the road. Lets just say they foaled hard, and they are worth millions. I can't imagine how hard Asylum will fail who knows 

Well, in their defense, the ideas for 6.0 were awesome on paper...in game they sucked. They realized it and reverted pretty much everything other than the money cap.  Supply and demand economy driven solely by the players sounds interesting but we all saw how much it sucked.  

Can you be more clear?  Guess I still don't understand how 6.0 was some kind of planned downgrade.  Why do you think Paratus would intentionally hurt his playerbase?  I don't buy the planned obsolesces thing.  Mayyyyybe if Identity was just released, but it's not, and 6.0 came out like 6 months ago. 

1 minute ago, blinky said:

Well, in their defense, the ideas for 6.0 were awesome on paper...in game they sucked. They realized it and reverted pretty much everything other than the money cap.  Supply and demand economy driven solely by the players sounds interesting but we all saw how much it sucked.  

Can you be more clear?  Guess I still don't understand how 6.0 was some kind of planned downgrade.  Why do you think Paratus would intentionally hurt his playerbase?  I don't buy the planned obsolesces thing.  Mayyyyybe if Identity was just released, but it's not, and 6.0 came out like 6 months ago. 

Just conspiracy theories, no basis to them whatsoever, i wouldn't worry too much about what Kryptonn and Eptic are saying. lol

SheriffJohnBeard likes this