Why was night removed?

14 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Because night time was just "Green time" aka everyone just had night vision goggle on. 

Well obviously, nonetheless it still brought another aspect to game-play, so I guess I still don't really see the reason behind removing it?

Edited by Enclave
RedNecked likes this

It was removed due to the color change effects that were instituted to make the colors of day more pleasing. People avoided paying for night visions by using "gamma googles". I do miss night a little bit, but enjoy the color correction that was added more.

lastbreath187 likes this
2 minutes ago, Olio said:

It was removed due to the color change effects that were instituted to make the colors of day more pleasing. People avoided paying for night visions by using "gamma googles". I do miss night a little bit, but enjoy the color correction that was added more.

The CC can't be implemented with night on the server?

I agree, bring back the night! Even if everyone has nvg's it makes it more difficult to spot guillie' sin  the undergrowth, limits periferal vision, the kavala pistol bangers rarely had nvg's opting for the cheap ass rook only loadout. More importantly, the world we live in has night! The idea that role play servers exist to create a more authentic experience is redundant if we chose to ignore 50% of the worlds daily conditions is silly. From a personal perspective I also feel safer under the cover of darkness while engaging in illegal activity. And nvg's in well lit areas often  means that you have to turn them off or lose a large proportion of the screens contrast ratio which does give an element of subderfuge. Think about the fed or Altus bank, two very well lit areas of the map, I think it would give an advantage to the smaller gangs that can't field the numbers that big gangs can but still want to try heisting. Also tracers are redundant in the day. How more interesting would it be attempting to take a cartel if you could see the position of the campers from their tracers. To finish, bring back the night, a day night cycle shouldn't even be a question. Being in the eu will probably mean I would spend most of my time playing in the dark unless the day night cycle was on a four hour rotation but it's something I'm prepared to endure and let's not pander to the will of all the scared little kids afraid of the dark, most of the people I speak to are in favour of the dark so bring it back, the monocromatic green of nvg's might annoy some people but they always have the option of turning them off and take their chances in the dark, or remove nvg's and bring back the dark so everyone has the same disadvantage. The final option is make nvg's more expensive, like a carrier light so they are an expensive advantage opposed to a standard issue that even the lowliest hobo can afford. When was the last time you saw a RL hobo sporting a pair of Nvg's with his bottle of cheap whiskey sat under a bridge?

DreamC, BSuzinator and Enclave like this
11 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Paratus removed it because he saw it as "green time" because everyone had night vision goggles.  The change was well received and the majority of people like it.  So hopefully it stays the way it is.

I know why it was removed, but it still brought another aspect to gameplay. Just because it's "green time" shouldn't be a reason, sounds like a bunch of lazy civs complained because they forgot to buy nvgs