Server 3 Cops...

Just now, CrossFade said:

i mean... still to many cops for me :D 22 cops.. fuck all gonna be getting done Civ side there needs to be a cap on the ratio for cops V civ. im sure im not the only one who thinks this..

I agree that sometimes it can be unbalanced. But everyone should have the right to play what they want to play. Not allowing someone from playing cop because the maximum number of cops in that server has reached the limit is unfair. But it's just my opinion :)

Just now, Vash said:

I agree that sometimes it can be unbalanced. But everyone should have the right to play what they want to play. Not allowing someone from playing cop because the maximum number of cops in that server has reached the limit is unfair. But it's just my opinion :)

iknow.. but ive seen it when theres 15+ cops on and only 10 civs.. like wtf are the civs going to do? trying to make money when you have more cops than civs is unbelievable. and there are 5 servers... 

iknow.. but ive seen it when theres 15+ cops on and only 10 civs.. like wtf are the civs going to do? trying to make money when you have more cops than civs is unbelievable. and there are 5 servers... 

Agreed. But don't forget that hopefully, those 15 cops are spread out throughout the main cities.

alot of the time they are all sitting in Highway channel or 911 unit rolling around to all the illegal areas or warrant squad..

That is a totally different situation. Think of it this way: You're about to join the server as a cop. The Kavala channel has 2 officers that are strangers to you, and the Athira one has 4 officers that are really good friends of yours. What channel are you going to join?

Just now, Vash said:

That is a totally different situation. Think of it this way: You're about to join the server as a cop. The Kavala channel has 2 officers that are strangers to you, and the Athira one has 4 officers that are really good friends of yours. What channel are you going to join?

im going to join pygros channel :)

Vash likes this

you want a cop cap? as it has been stated many, many times. you cannot limit someones ability to play AND require them to have a minimum amount of activity / played time. The whole system would have to be reworked. then you will run into a lack of higher ups on / available. which is why activity is enforced in the first place..

see the issue?

also assuming its a full server, with 22 cops, that would make it barely 1/4 cops.. at best. 1 cop for every 4 civs seems like a fair ratio...

ALso you think people complain  enough now that we are never around when needed between feds pb's etc. limiting the cops would only make that worse. that being said if 25+ cops becomes a regular issue. we need to look at it splitting it up.

i also think constantly recruiting for the APD only makes this worse. but i was crucified the last time i brought that up.

Edited by Reavantos
Olivia and Millar like this
1 minute ago, HotWings said:

Pretty sure this happened right after a Sgt+ meeting, dam near everyone got on cop and we had like 40? lol.  It was pure aids trying to communicate.

It was aids trying to do anything on that server after all of those cops got on xD

Edited by Pee Jay
17 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

you want a cop cap? as it has been stated many, many times. you cannot limit someones ability to play AND require them to have a minimum amount of activity / played time. The whole system would have to be reworked. then you will run into a lack of higher ups on / available. which is why activity is enforced in the first place..

but they capped my ability to play with most of my gang all at once? 

9 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

are you saying the money making would be minimized due to the fact that alot of cops are on? 

where's the RP

Why do you assume its about money? maybe he just doesn't want to be the 26th wheel and its not fun for him with a lot of other cops on.

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Also, i dont get why some people join the APD then shit on it. Instead of complaining. come up with solutions

Edited by Reavantos
1 minute ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Remove multiple current people with power is only solution in my book.

That was brought up once. you saw how much traction that got :| Hence why i have been and will always suggest ataff involvement in the APD. its a super unpopular idea but...

Edited by Reavantos
1 minute ago, Reavantos said:

Why do you assume its about money? maybe he just doesnt want to be the 26th wheel and its not fun for him with alot of other cops on.

lso, i dont get why some people join the APD then shit on it. Seems like something a money hungry player would do :kappa:

It should be fun regardless of the number of cops, having more cops online cannot possibly hinder your ability to RP.

And i play 90% rebel and im money capped. when i DO get on cop, i could care less how many officers are online, i try to make everyone's day better by the sick twisted stories i cook up with some civilians. 

2 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

That was brought up once. you saw how much traction that got :| Hence why i have been and will always suggest ataff envolvement int he APD. its a super unpopular idea but...

we'll have Absentee voting on the subject. I can cook something up 

Will have an Admin post the topic and see where it leads through a straw poll or something.

Reavantos likes this
2 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

It should be fun regardless of the number of cops, having more cops online cannot possibly hinder your ability to RP.

And i play 90% rebel and im money capped. when i DO get on cop, i could care less how many officers are online, i try to make everyone's day better by the sick twisted stories i cook up with some civilians. 

i was referring to other challenges, not RP related

get a ankle brace so you dont hurt yourself jumping to conclusions /dad joke

go ahead though. keep trying to ball bust. this is fun! :D

Edited by Reavantos
SheriffJohnBeard likes this
2 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

TBH only allowing civs to have 10 people in a group is hypocritical when there are 15+ cops sitting in one channel and in one server.. they have hex's for everyone.. when we have two groups it makes us focus on not shooting allies.. sorta bullshit tbh.. thats just my thoughts anyways

That is everyone's thoughts. 

Most of the Veteran players that pushed for the cap 6 months ago dont even play asylum anymore, so we are stuck with it and no changes are really being made anytime soon, so....

TBH only allowing civs to have 10 people in a group is hypocritical when there are 15+ cops sitting in one channel and in one server.. they have hex's for everyone.. when we have two groups it makes us focus on not shooting allies.. sorta bullshit tbh.. thats just my thoughts anyways

That point i do see. But essentially you can force us into a engagement at your will "bank, pb etc." so, in theory you should be setup and have the upper hand. even if you are out numbered. (tactics!) also how hard is it to not shoot anyone who isnt a cop? :)

Edited by Reavantos
4 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

i was referring to other challenges, not RP related

get a ankle brace so you dont hurt yourself jumping to conclusions /dad joke

go ahead though. keep trying to ball bust. this is fun! :D

Please explain what challenge any normal individual would have if more than a certain number of cops are online.

Group cap was implemented to prevent super gangs from existing. If you wanted to start a gang with some friends, it would be literally impossible to fight cartels because those super gangs would come and massively outnumber yours. It's purpose was not to "nerf" rebels. That's what I understood from it though.

2 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

Please explain what challenge any normal individual would have if more than a certain number of cops are online.

What if someone has social anxiety, and he / she is ok with roll playing with civs but being in large groups makes them uncomfortable?  and if there is that many cops on. its very likely there is a large gang on. so a normal slow RP based patrol is most like out if your responding to every shit storm possible, so the challenges could lie in play style and preferences :)

Edited by Reavantos
Reformed epTic likes this
Just now, Vash said:

Group cap was implemented to prevent super gangs from existing. If you wanted to start a gang with some friends, it would be literally impossible to fight cartels because those super gangs would come and massively outnumber yours. It's purpose was not to "nerf" rebels. That's what I understood from it though.

This, the cap was to return Asylum to the small groups that make playing together fun. Super gangs ruined the game, when super gangs were eliminated many stopped playing because they could not compete with the skill players that were left in the smaller gangs because they could not overwhelm them with numbers.

Vash, DJScias and Reavantos like this