Legitimate question. Why is gang life Dying?

I want collective opinions here.  Back in the day there were fights that would last for hours with a 20 on 20.  Back when people would fight with small armies.  I know the group cap has changed everything but it is like nobody even bothers to go to cartels anymore.  I am just curious when it died and what happened.  So maybe we can find some way to reverse it. Lets not try to make this a flame topic either.

Group cap makes it so you ultimately have to have good people in your gang.  Makes skill more important than numbers, most gangs level of competitiveness was based off the fact that they could throw 20 people against 8, and even then they would still lose to the skill players.  

People get bored.

Cartels don't pay much.

Certain large groups lost interest when the group cap came about. 

If you want more combat, the simplest method is probably giving people the ability to finance more combat (i.e. buffed cartel payouts), but at the same time there is a careful balance that needs to be found. Before, things were too intense. Groups of 20-30 steamrolling cops for hours rather than fighting other gangs. But now things may be too far in the opposite direction. 

Tricky question to be sure and it's even harder to gauge cause and effect as time goes on. 

Paradoxically outside of the large gang realm, there is plenty of combat to be had just in the course of normal game play. But for whatever reason, the larger groups don't seem to be finding much. 

Frizzy, Haych and Tiger like this

Reasons why I stopped playing rebel back then, gang life became too boring. it just became a repetative cycle at cartels. 

I feel like 10 is too low on a group cap and should be changed to 15.

Most gangs don't fight other gangs unless they see a profit come out of it usually. 

I feel like a money cap is a good thing, but needs to be raised from 1 Mil, it is simply way to easy to reach 1 mil money cap. Asylum money distribution for IRL $$$ is crazy right now. 

The asylum market of making money is extremely unbalanced. Gangs don't do huge meth runs anymore.

It is too easy to just make alcohol or do a bank. 

Hopefully the modded server can bring back a change to gang life.

Steve, Bersabee and Monster like this

Don't wanna ruin this for everyone.

But i can simply run 3-4 hours of scotch in the weekend while watching netflix at low to none risk.

Play the weekend and hit the restarts

Have money cap to fight as much as i want till next weekend.

Right now it's so easy everyone's selling money to the lazy people.

2 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Reasons why I stopped playing rebel back then, gang life became too boring. it just became a repetative cycle at cartels. 

I feel like 10 is too low on a group cap and should be changed to 15.

Most gangs don't fight other gangs unless they see a profit come out of it usually. 

I feel like a money cap is a good thing, but needs to be raised from 1 Mil, it is simply way to easy to reach 1 mil money cap. Asylum money distribution for IRL $$$ is crazy right now. 

The asylum market of making money is extremely unbalanced. Gangs don't do huge meth runs anymore.

It is too easy to just make alcohol or do a bank. 

Hopefully the modded server can bring back a change to gang life.

bank money is shit btw but yeah alcohol is really good

The group cap is a major reason it fucked most of the big gangs, the price of weapons went up tremendously with the 6.0 update, its harder for new players to get started now, cartels dont really pay out, I feel like group cap can be raised now with influx of new people, typically there will be 20-30 cops on, on the weekend.

Edited by L1on
Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

ya its not what it used to be since they changed it but its still easy $$$ than doing a fed

Its usually like 100k but split between 10 guys isnt even worth but before it used to be like 300k and that was easy money.

In my opinion you should be able to rob it up to like 30 mintues and the longer you rob the more money you get

Just now, jonah1045 said:

Its usually like 100k but split between 10 guys isnt even worth but before it used to be like 300k and that was easy money.

In my opinion you should be able to rob it up to like 30 mintues and the longer you rob the more money you get

I would have no problem if the bank $$$ was reverted back to what It used to be if they simply removed the large office buildings and replaced them with another building without a chokepoint A.K.A. ladder.

2 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

I would have no problem if the bank $$$ was reverted back to what It used to be if they simply removed the large office buildings and replaced them with another building without a chokepoint A.K.A. ladder.

might make the fights a little bit more intense 

4 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

not when you have 4vs19

also doing a fed is next to impossible with the cop numbers on lately and since gangs don't really fight cop that often when something happens on 1 server like a fed all of the cops scramble to that server.  Last fed we did started with 9 cops and ended with 33.  I shit you not there were 33 officers on at the end.

3 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

I would love this and so many more rebels would as well because sitting there watching a ladder is so easy and takes no skill.

Just now, jonah1045 said:

I would love this and so many more rebels would as well because sitting there watching a ladder is so easy and takes no skill.

Totally agree.  Add houses and make it like a small town or something.  or make it a barracks building where every room is like a different safety deposit box and u can drill into it and then take whatever in it.  I dont want to compare it to this but make it like a bank on PayDay2

3 minutes ago, jonah1045 said:

Make a suggestion thread and get every possible person to support it, I know I would. If people are loud enough on the forums, paratus has shown to actually listen to them sometimes. 

If you want cartels to come back, then the payment from cartels going straight into the gang bank needs to come back.  Was it overpowered back then?  Yes, because there was gangs that had 70 people and had a complete monopoly on the server they played on, nobody could contest them and nobody tried.  You can't do that with a 10 man group cap, there's too much competition at that point. 

3 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Make a suggestion thread and get every possible person to support it, I know I would. If people are loud enough on the forums, paratus has shown to actually listen to them sometimes. 

Feels like it is just beating a dead horse honestly so many people have wanted change and it never happens.

Well I mean fighting with 10 people and risking orcas and ifrits for a measly 75k in drug or 20% off guns isnt really worth it. If we got like 50% off guns for arms and then like double gathering speed for drugs and decreased loadout prices we would see alot more fighting. Obviously with those changes we would need to buff cops so maybe all cops get free mx's?

Just now, Whitey said:

Feels like it is just beating a dead horse honestly so many people have wanted change and it never happens.

Yeah and when paratus does try to add something he adds the cartel defending buffs which are a complete fail, he just needs to talk to all of the major gangs and ask whats wrong.

I mean flat out, orca's , ifrit's , 50 cals, loadouts - they all add up quickly. The player base is getting better, or finding things to suppliment skill. Eithor way the skill cap is so high that you could lose a fifth of your money cap in the blink of an eye. Who can possibly come back to a fight a few times with that kind of measurement? People probably just dont have the time to supply the funds to competitively fight like that. Losing 1 orca or ifrit with 30 guys is a small amount. losing one orca with 5 guys is alot. 

I fight alone every day, and ill blow 100k easily coming back to  a fight once or twice. I wouldnt dare dreaming of pulling out an ifrit for less then 5 players nowadays.

This bring you to the staleness. Why would you spend all your money to do stuff your bored of? Sure its fun, but the fun doesnt outway the cost. 

Edited by Sugarfoot
23 minutes ago, L1on said:

The group cap is a major reason it fucked most of the big gangs, the price of weapons went up tremendously with the 6.0 update, its harder for new players to get started now, cartels dont really pay out, I feel like group cap can be raised now with influx of new people, typically there will be 20-30 cops on, on the weekend.

raise the cap for prime time but then what'll happen to the cops that play in the early AM? 

We had two orcas going around robbing feds/banks last night with 5 cops online. 

7 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Generally speaking, nonspecific requests for change don't end up yielding much in the way of results. Everyone wants something different.

But if you have a well defined, clearly stated change that you'd like to see and if you're able to garner overwhelming support for it. Paratus, Motown and Bamf take those types of suggestions very seriously, especially if they have a lot of support from the majority of the community. 

So, make a post, add a poll, gather support and see what happens. Can't hurt to try. 

1. Paratus capped gangs to 10...with no consequences for the cops. So it's like wave 18 in COD zombies trying to do a prison break or fed. The rebels eventually run out of ammo.

2. Loadouts cost 20k+ if they want to hold off cops coming back over and over.

3. Cartels spots are meh.

4. There has not been new content for rebels (besides scotch..) in a while.

5. Limited things to do as rebel.

6. People care about turfs more than cartels. How a turf can be better than a cartel amazes me.

7. Scotch is unbalanced compared to any other money making method. Only plus side of it is that it pays for the rebels 20k loadouts.

I don't know I feel like Paratus just can't find that inbetween spot that balances rebels and cops. He has been trying for months to do so.

Edited by What zit tooya
Frizzy likes this
1 minute ago, Buckwalter said:

Generally speaking, nonspecific requests for change don't end up yielding much in the way of results. Everyone wants something different.

But if you have a well defined, clearly stated change that you'd like to see and if you're able to garner overwhelming support for it. Paratus, Motown and Bamf take those types of suggestions very seriously, especially if they have a lot of support from the majority of the community. 

So, make a post, add a poll, gather support and see what happens. Can't hurt to try. 

Better cartel incentives and cheaper rebel loadouts and then buff cops to help deal with the cheaper loadouts but its more designed for cartel fighting.

Edited by jonah1045

Here's the thing. It's a teeter totter between cops and rebels. All of us civs are asking for cheaper loadouts and larger gang cap. If that is changed the APD will now say it is unfair to them then yada yada yada. Its been a back and forth thing for the year and a few months I've been here. In my honest opinion the level of aggression towards of other players, the automatic RDM,VDM, crying and name calling in side chat, and the overwhelming player report threats I see is just incredible. It wasn't so bad before as it is now. I am guilty myself of this and I'm working on it to cool it down a little.But the constant complaining I see on the forums and the shit people say to admins to make several changes is toxic. I agree with this post in particular but majority of posts are someone just looking for an easy way to do something. That and I feel there are many great ideas on the suggestion froums that are shot down too quickly because of either a Forum troll or a couple people that just follow what someone disagrees with.

How about making it so that every time you get a war kill within 500m of cartels you get 2.5k added to your bank account? Since it takes a while for war kills on the same person to reset you really wouldn't be able to abuse this, unless you want to waste like 1 hour for not that much money?

This would make it so people continually have enough money to fight cartels without there being too much money since the cap is still there. They have incentive to fight and kill people because they get paid for it, and this system rewards you for being a good fighter, so that you have more money for future loadouts.

This is a self-sustaining cycle, and because it only gives you money for war kills in cartel areas, it isn't too op.

Edit: Originally I was going to suggest 2.5k for every kill within 500m of cartels, but then it would be easy to abuse. However, if a time limit was placed on receiving money that you get from killing the same person, then this would work. So say you could only get the money every 5 or 10 minutes from killing the same person.

The reason I was originally going to suggest this is because you aren't necessarily in a gang war against the people you are fighting at cartels.

Edited by CyanogenCX
Whitey likes this
14 minutes ago, Ebola said:

Here's the thing. It's a teeter totter between cops and rebels. All of us civs are asking for cheaper loadouts and larger gang cap. If that is changed the APD will now say it is unfair to them then yada yada yada. Its been a back and forth thing for the year and a few months I've been here. In my honest opinion the level of aggression towards of other players, the automatic RDM,VDM, crying and name calling in side chat, and the overwhelming player report threats I see is just incredible. It wasn't so bad before as it is now. I am guilty myself of this and I'm working on it to cool it down a little.But the constant complaining I see on the forums and the shit people say to admins to make several changes is toxic. I agree with this post in particular but majority of posts are someone just looking for an easy way to do something. That and I feel there are many great ideas on the suggestion froums that are shot down too quickly because of either a Forum troll or a couple people that just follow what someone disagrees with.

This is about rebels fighting rebels, believe it or not fighting rebels is way more fun than fighting cops only reason I kill cops is because there are no rebels on or I am poor.

Haych likes this