rebel missile launch facility (read before assuming)

lukee

A new way of committing terrorism is using a old abandoned military facility was later taken over as a Rebel missile launch facility, the way you would use this facility (which is not a federal event) is by going to Black Market Production and crafting a VLS Cruise Missile.

(All specific details of this suggestion is not fully thought out and can most likely be different)

This missile (with a high weight) can then be transported to the facility.

Once you get to the facility you would load the missle into the VLS which will take some time (maybe like 5 minutes) and then you would use a UI with a map giving you the option to launch the missile anywhere you would like. (before you think this is overpowered...)
anyone who is in a 500 meter radius of where the missiles destination is, will get a 10 second warning on the top right of their screen (with a emergency broadcast system sound talking about incoming missiles or sum shit)

And if needs to be balanced the missile can randomly hit within a small radius of where the target was chosen (5-20 meters) or the destination can be marked on the map.
And the cooldown can obviously be raised or lowered.

The risks/cons of using this facility will be:
The Police will be pinged of your location if you have a bounty over 15,000.
You will automatically be charged with Terrorism.
Anyone who is at the facility can cancel the launch during the loading procedure at the same place it was loaded from.
You cannot cancel the launch once the missile has been fired.
Each launch will have a 1 hour cooldown before someone can launch another.

The missile will be fairly expensive and difficult to acquire.

The Benefits of using this system over a suicide vest is:
You can do it remotely far away from anywhere you are launching it.
Whoever you launch it towards will get a short warning.
There is no risk of the missle not reaching its destination

How it would work:
Once the missile is fired, the VLS rocket will launch straight up into the air and despawn (as the actual missile won't be that)
Once the time is up for something to be exploded a new missile will be spawned above the target and that will be used as the actual missile, as the first one was specifically for immersion.

Concept:
Can be named something like Abandoned GLS Facility, Rebel Launch Facility, or somewhere around those.
Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/ilfLneC

Edited by lukee
idk jus read
1 minute ago, Austin M said:

As much effort you put into this, I personally don't prefer to be peppered with missiles at hq repeatedly.

forgot to mention 1 hour cooldown

2 minutes ago, Austin M said:

As much effort you put into this, I personally don't prefer to be peppered with missiles at hq repeatedly.

also I didnt put much effort into it tbh

19 minutes ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Honestly, I love this idea! +1

EDit: probably increase the amount of money to make the warhead and maybe have to restore the facility before using it each restart adding additional money sink?

yeah, like I said it can always be buffed or nerfed, im just sharing the general idea

20 minutes ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

The suicide vest is worth like 230k? Why would a missile be cheaper?

like I said, its not final. you read it right?

27 minutes ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

The suicide vest is worth like 230k? Why would a missile be cheaper?

"(All specific details of this suggestion is not fully thought out and can most likely be different)"

Even though carefully considered the whole idea I still think being able to hit anywhere on the map with an explosive is kind of overpowered.

Just an suggestion as a solution for this: mortar artillery, you have to aim (which can be done perfectly when you know how it works) but requires you to be at least in the area of your target. 

https://armedassault.fandom.com/wiki/Mk6_Mortar#:~:text=Far range%3A 284 to 4%2C078,(ETA 40-29 seconds)

Far range: 284 to 4,078 metres (ETA 40-29 seconds)

You even have different kinds of ammo:

• High-Explosive (HE): 18 metre blast radius, has a penetration depth of 30 millimetres (direct impact only).
  • Guided*: 8 metre blast radius, infrared-guided; will attempt to home in onto "hot" vehicles within a radius of 800 metres. The submunition separates from the main shell once it is 300 metres above the impact zone. The IR seeker has a 10% chance to lose lock against smoke countermeasures.
  • Laser Guided (LG)*: 8 metre blast radius, laser-guided; can only lock onto laser spots within a radius of 800 metres. The submunition will "launch" from the dummy shell once it is 300 metres above the impact zone and begin seeking a laser spot.
22 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Even though carefully considered the whole idea I still think being able to hit anywhere on the map with an explosive is kind of overpowered.

Just an suggestion as a solution for this: mortar artillery, you have to aim (which can be done perfectly when you know how it works) but requires you to be at least in the area of your target. 

https://armedassault.fandom.com/wiki/Mk6_Mortar#:~:text=Far range%3A 284 to 4%2C078,(ETA 40-29 seconds)

Far range: 284 to 4,078 metres (ETA 40-29 seconds)

You even have different kinds of ammo:

• High-Explosive (HE): 18 metre blast radius, has a penetration depth of 30 millimetres (direct impact only).
  • Guided*: 8 metre blast radius, infrared-guided; will attempt to home in onto "hot" vehicles within a radius of 800 metres. The submunition separates from the main shell once it is 300 metres above the impact zone. The IR seeker has a 10% chance to lose lock against smoke countermeasures.
  • Laser Guided (LG)*: 8 metre blast radius, laser-guided; can only lock onto laser spots within a radius of 800 metres. The submunition will "launch" from the dummy shell once it is 300 metres above the impact zone and begin seeking a laser spot.

Yeah but for how expensive the missile would be it would be a rare occurrence, and you have to consider the amount of time it takes to go load the missle for 5 minutes and the 10 second warning for who you're trying to hit to still be there when it hits.

The artillery thing seems a little less realistic in the case of the server in my opinion.