Banker?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add this in some form?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Add the requirements but not the team

• Yes
    • No

I would say that a lot of the players who continuously play the server would agree that there is an issue with housing at the moment, there have been quite a few housing suggestions to come through recently regarding playtime requirements, and opening up different real estate, there are tons of sheds & houses that are hoarded by players who knowingly only login every 30 days to save their houses.

Suggestion:

Create a team of "Bankers" these would be trusted members in the community who would be responsible for tracking playtime requirements for players.  (Similar to how APD Lt's have to track Constable playtime in a given period).

1 Hour per house per month, or 2 hours per shed per month (Something like that, I think sheds could go up to 3) or just flatline whatever is easier for implementation.

What I was thinking is that when you buy a house you get added to a roster of people who own houses, maybe coded as the last 5 digits of their playerid for anonymity.  The group of bankers are responsible for checking playtime of people on said list, and every 30 days deliver a list of defunct players for house removal to the admin team.  

There are some other things to flush out so I would appreciate any input. 

Challenges Answers:

What if I have IRL things that make it so I can't play 5 hours a month for a month?

With an actual team of people there could be a process for AR's like there is with the APD.  Since the Bankers would know what they were getting into it wouldn't apply extra stress on the admin team to track them.  Simply mark them on the list they could be exempt for playing for that amount of time.

Bankers are just going to take all the good houses wtf!:   

Given an anonymous coding system there would be no way for them to know who they are putting forwards to have their houses auctioned.  Additionally the whole point of trusted community members is that they wouldn't do things like that. Just like LT's are trusted not to just unwhitelist people who tick them off.  

The admin team cant support all that!

The hope would be that the brunt would be put on another team for implementation.  Also maybe there could be a way similar to how the APD and AFD whitelist to start a process to remove their houses? 

What if I play 3 hours

Two options I was thinking of, 

1) You can save your first three houses

2) Sucks to suck should've played 5 lose them all

Edited by P.FitzWallace
Crossfade likes this
2 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

I would say that a lot of the players who continuously play the server would agree that there is an issue with housing at the moment, there have been quite a few housing suggestions to come through recently regarding playtime requirements, and opening up different real estate, there are tons of sheds & houses that are hoarded by players who knowingly only login every 30 days to save their houses.

Suggestion:

Create a team of "Bankers" these would be trusted members in the community who would be responsible for tracking playtime requirements for players.  (Similar to how APD Lt's have to track Constable playtime in a given period).

1 Hour per house per month, or 2 hours per shed per month (Something like that, I think sheds could go up to 3) or just flatline whatever is easier for implementation.

What I was thinking is that when you buy a house you get added to a roster of people who own houses, maybe coded as the last 5 digits of their playerid for anonymity.  The group of bankers are responsible for checking playtime of people on said list, and every 30 days deliver a list of defunct players for house removal to the admin team.  

There are some other things to flush out so I would appreciate any input. 

Challenges Answers:

What if I have IRL things that make it so I can't play 5 hours a month for a month?

With an actual team of people there could be a process for AR's like there is with the APD.  Since the Bankers would know what they were getting into it wouldn't apply extra stress on the admin team to track them.  Simply mark them on the list they could be exempt for playing for that amount of time.

Bankers are just going to take all the good houses wtf!:   

Given an anonymous coding system there would be no way for them to know who they are putting forwards to have their houses auctioned.  Additionally the whole point of trusted community members is that they wouldn't do things like that. Just like LT's are trusted not to just unwhitelist people who tick them off.  

The admin team cant support all that!

The hope would be that the brunt would be put on another team for implementation.  Also maybe there could be a way similar to how the APD and AFD whitelist to start a process to remove their houses? 

What if I play 3 hours

Two options I was thinking of, 

1) You can save your first three houses

2) Sucks to suck should've played 5 lose them all

Theirs a few concerns with this that I can think of 

• Finding the people to want to take this roll on
  • What are the benefits to being a banker and spending an hour or two going through logs of all the players and how many houses and hours they have
  • And over all having to fill out an AR when you're on absence 

I'd imagine most people that get on Asylum are here for the satisfaction they get with everything they can do on one server most people don't get on to work with the communities which is only a small percentage of those that truly love Asylum wish to provide more for the community as a whole, being a banker doesn't seem like an important role to take on so finding people for it may be hard.

And as a banker you're main role is only to find players that only log on once a month to keep houses, does a banker have to get on everyday to check the logs? Or is there a spreadsheet that they can use to keep track of every players time frame? Over all doesn't seem like much that's worth while, You're not interacting with the community like the AFD or APD, or helping players out with reports, working on events or developing like most roles do in this community, its almost like you're in a cubical in real life with pages of names to go through

Players get on to enjoy a fun yet free entertaining environment, they don't have any responsibilities and I don't think they should have to fill out a report on when they plan to leave for a bit, at that point you're going more into a job roll as most people love to jump from game to game or sometimes have to take breaks from Arma as a whole it's a bit to much (In my opinion) 

Edited by TheAceSavage
19 hours ago, skimancole said:

this would 100% just be automated

20 hours ago, TheAceSavage said:

Theirs a few concerns with this that I can think of 

• Finding the people to want to take this roll on
  • What are the benefits to being a banker and spending an hour or two going through logs of all the players and how many houses and hours they have
  • And over all having to fill out an AR when you're on absence 

I'd imagine most people that get on Asylum are here for the satisfaction they get with everything they can do on one server most people don't get on to work with the communities which is only a small percentage of those that truly love Asylum wish to provide more for the community as a whole, being a banker doesn't seem like an important role to take on so finding people for it may be hard.

And as a banker you're main role is only to find players that only log on once a month to keep houses, does a banker have to get on everyday to check the logs? Or is there a spreadsheet that they can use to keep track of every players time frame? Over all doesn't seem like much that's worth while, You're not interacting with the community like the AFD or APD, or helping players out with reports, working on events or developing like most roles do in this community, its almost like you're in a cubical in real life with pages of names to go through

Players get on to enjoy a fun yet free entertaining environment, they don't have any responsibilities and I don't think they should have to fill out a report on when they plan to leave for a bit, at that point you're going more into a job roll as most people love to jump from game to game or sometimes have to take breaks from Arma as a whole it's a bit to much (In my opinion) 

21 hours ago, goyney said:

^

over complicated

22 hours ago, Lucien said:

Should just be automated 

Obviously automation would be easier, but if I remember correctly people were bitching about there not being an option to take a break for different things thats why I went with this.  Automatically removed would be by far the best way though

2 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

Obviously automation would be easier, but if I remember correctly people were bitching about there not being an option to take a break for different things thats why I went with this.  Automatically removed would be by far the best way though

Just add a flag or something that can be set so the automation ignores them added by staff, if someone needs to take a long break ex. Technical issues or whatever then an admin will just set the flag on their account

29 minutes ago, Lucien said:

Just add a flag or something that can be set so the automation ignores them added by staff, if someone needs to take a long break ex. Technical issues or whatever then an admin will just set the flag on their account

That’s what I’m saying, just making it so it’s not another thing the admin team would have to deal with