SRT Overhaul

KrazyKnight

The links above provide additional context or are helpful to note while making this suggestion, but the SRT faction needs some rework. From reward structure to quality of life, it currently lacking incentive to play on SRT especially to those who are new and would like to give the faction a shot. Now, at the time of writing, there isn't much in the way of rewards once you pass that 500 kills. I want to propose not only to help improve the quality of life gameplay but to add on more rewards unique to SRT/Cops that we can work towards and make the effort of playing S2 as an SRT member more worth it.

• Better equipment

Current start gear offers what is effectively SWAT gear. Given that you start with that set of gear and that if you're a new player to S2, starting with an MK20 is incredibly painful to work with when you're starting out as an SRT. A way to fix this is that we could make CSAT or pilot coveralls to give some form of better protection. Ways to work with this idea or rather a compromise is that you would buy the pilot coveralls/CSAT for that better protection; It's also a suitable method of money sinking. Vehicles in my opinion are fine the way they are, as long as we get some form of general protection that's effective would go a long way in this.

• Reward structure

The method of unlocking better guns (ignoring MK20 fuck that gun) is solid however adding another gun unlock at 1k to replace what was the 50 Cal truck would be greatly appreciated. Another idea to add on rewards is titles. Something else for us to acquire while playing, similar to the civilian side is to unlock a title to show off on S1 and S2 to give that incentive to keep grinding and working towards for those who are completionism or would like to be unique. It was already approved in @shawn's post (Thanks buddy!) but I wanted to place it here to get some additional feedback for those who are interested. Also when we get kills in hot zone, can we get that bonus money like the civilian faction gets with blood money would be also appreciated.

I wanted to make this to get the conversation going more seriously for the SRT faction, this is just what I've seen and done as an active SRT member and would like to open the door for this conversation. Thanks for reading if you did!

Spoiler

The SRT exploit was a feature change my mind.

shawn, Savage., Austin M and 5 others like this
2 hours ago, King said:

I think the weapons SRT has access to is fine and the only thing that really needs to be added is PCov's and Granite's.

Yeah I'm having some trouble on thinking of another potential unlock (1k kills) to replace the 50 Cal. A title would be really awesome (Still mulling over some names) But I felt as so that wouldn't really be enough. Trick is to find a gun that's not too overpowered over the MX SW.

37 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

Yeah I'm having some trouble on thinking of another potential unlock (1k kills) to replace the 50 Cal. A title would be really awesome (Still mulling over some names) But I felt as so that wouldn't really be enough. Trick is to find a gun that's not too overpowered over the MX SW.

maybe the type 115 with the 50cal rounds? Rebels can already get it for blood money and its pretty op, maybe more than 1000 kills tho, or make them rlly expensive

KrazyKnight likes this
11 hours ago, KrazyKnight said:

Rpk?

28 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

How much is it on the civilian side? Or just adding that on is too much? My base understanding is that it's roughly around 100k but I could be completely wrong with that.

I think you’re right about how much they cost, but I think for SRT it shouldn’t cost as much.

1 hour ago, shawn said:

I think you’re right about how much they cost, but I think for SRT it shouldn’t cost as much.

If it's high as I think it is, and I'll need a fact check but at least cutting the price in half would be serviceable. Now that I'm thinking deeper into it, the cost would put weigh the reward that SRT usually nets. Rebels do win more money so there's that.

15 hours ago, KrazyKnight said:

If it's high as I think it is, and I'll need a fact check but at least cutting the price in half would be serviceable. Now that I'm thinking deeper into it, the cost would put weigh the reward that SRT usually nets. Rebels do win more money so there's that.

Yeah I think its 100k bm or something like that

• 3 weeks later...

Ill be honest i don't see a "overhaul" here.
You ask for a reward at 1000 kills but don't specify what it should be. Taking a look at what guns are left to be added I don't see anything suitable for 1000 kills.

Adding Granite B's/CSAT/Pilot coveralls for SRT has been an on-going conversation for some time that we have yet to reach a consensus on.