WANTED; Dead or Alive

Sgt_kupcake

Good afternoon everyone!

I would like to bring some light to my idea. I know some of the more experienced rebels may not like this idea however I think it would be very cool to have a system that if you accumulate a bounty of over $149,999 dollars that you become red named to everyone (police included) and have a WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE above their heads when active.

This new system would be activated by the governor similarly to the death penalty.

This would make it harder for the terrorists of the island to stick inside of towns and make them play outside of the towns.

This would also extend to the police and would be one of the only ways to down a player (or kill them) without police initiation that an officer would have.(again would make it different than regular red name would have a wanted dead or alive above their heads for differentiation)

Bounty hunters would also have an easier time getting bounties from a group of terrorists.

I think this would be such a refresher to the server, making cities safer for new players, moving high kitted rebels out of the cities, and overall making it easier for police, bounty hunters and other civilians to counter rebels who easily out perform the base line bounty hunter, police officer, and civilian.

I understand that the majority of the rebels and terrorists will not like this change because it would make rebels who camp big cities leave the cites and make it more difficult to be a rebel. However I think this would be a cool feature and I think this has the potential to balance rebels.

I would love to hear feed back or ways to improve this feature.

Edit: to remove spawn camping this feature. Anyone spawning in or joining the sever would revive 5min head Start however would receive the notification that they are being hunted dead or alive after the 5min so they have time to leave a populated area and get notified when their 5min are up and they are red.

Edited by Sgt_kupcake
3 minutes ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Well I expected most rebels not to like the suggestion but thank you for your comment!

Im more of a career cop then rebel but when your making suggestions you gotta look at both sides. Imagine a guy whos over 150k not being able to go anywhere cuz he can just get shot on sight by civs and cops it just wont be fun. Should always have to initiate so the guy can atleast get a chance to fight back.

zdeat likes this
2 hours ago, Alex. said:

Im more of a career cop then rebel but when your making suggestions you gotta look at both sides. Imagine a guy whos over 150k not being able to go anywhere cuz he can just get shot on sight by civs and cops it just wont be fun. Should always have to initiate so the guy can atleast get a chance to fight back.

1 hour ago, Astaroth the Medic said:

Will just encourage more house camping for those that sit around in towns.

I think if you read the initial post it wouldn’t encourage House as camping and that yes it would make people who have high bounties stay away from people…discouraging people that rack up high bounties to stay away from towns and cops… that’s kinda the whole point.

edit: again this is an optional feature that would be enabled by governors and probably wouldn’t happen often. And this feature would 100% encourage more RP and stop people from just killing everyone in sight and the people that do kill everyone it makes them stay away from the towns with high population of new players.

Edited by Sgt_kupcake
1 minute ago, Astaroth the Medic said:

My guy, people are not going to want to leave their house in towns if they're always a red name. You know how people are when they see red.

Exactly the whole point of this feature would be to discourage getting high bounties.

Edited by Sgt_kupcake
1 minute ago, Astaroth the Medic said:

Where the hell is the fun in that?

I don’t think you see where I am going with this… this is a nerf to rebel it isn’t suppose to be fun for them it is a consequence of racking up a high bounty.

I think this would be a great addition to let governors have the power to allow this feature.

and again it isn’t meant to be fun for the rebel… it is a balance to people who rack up high bounties and have a bunch of people around them to protect them. Or even if they are camping in a house it allows a third party to end the person shooting out of the house without initiating.

1 hour ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

edit: again this is an optional feature that would be enabled by governors and probably wouldn’t happen often. And this feature would 100% encourage more RP and stop people from just killing everyone in sight and the people that do kill everyone it makes them stay away from the towns with high population of new players.

So your suggestion to stop people KOS’ing as often and encouraging more RP is to single someone out and make them KOS?

shawn and Innate like this
56 minutes ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Right, the threat of become highly wanted will reduce the amount of people killing people.

That will just make it worse and make lots of other reports coming in because people will kill the bounty target, and then the ones around which then makes that whole gang/group initiated on since on is red.

Imagine you're out doing your own thing, and another gang member is on the other side of the map, gets 150K worth of bounty, comes near you for help in case things go wrong. The people hunting for them shoot you because the other guy is now always red, and as we always say "Red is Dead."
I don't imagine this ever getting added nor is it really a good idea to implement. Not without heavy revision of how it will work.

34 minutes ago, Astaroth the Medic said:

That will just make it worse and make lots of other reports coming in because people will kill the bounty target, and then the ones around which then makes that whole gang/group initiated on since on is red.

Imagine you're out doing your own thing, and another gang member is on the other side of the map, gets 150K worth of bounty, comes near you for help in case things go wrong. The people hunting for them shoot you because the other guy is now always red, and as we always say "Red is Dead."
I don't imagine this ever getting added nor is it really a good idea to implement. Not without heavy revision of how it will work.

9 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

This is either god-tier shitpost-level bait or absolute brainrot.

How is being able to KOS people without roleplay supposed to help roleplay?

So the first point when someone is red that doesn't mean all their group is red.. and yes when you kill the person who is 150k or more there friends would be able to target you.

And second, It would help roleplay because at the current state if you walk into kavala or Athira all you see is huge groups that "control Kavala and Athira" and walk around with AK's and MK-1's. That don't do anything but kill cops and fuck with people. Is that what you want the new players seeing? I think that the APD bounty hunters and even new players should have the opportunity to surprise attack a rebel who thinks its a good idea to just stick around major cities... It what reality does a rebel just sit in a city? I want this to majorly change the server... This should be a way to fight back against rebels... Rebels are the bad guys....?

Edited by Sgt_kupcake

The entire point of initiation is that you can't surprise attack people in non-pvp zones. You should always be given a chance to comply and roleplay before combat starts, especially in cities.

You are talking about new players, do you want new players to think that simply because they choose to RP as a criminal they are now KOS and not given the same courtesy as every other player in non-pvp zones?

Alex. likes this
Just now, Ruffian said:

The entire point of initiation is that you can't surprise attack people in non-pvp zones. You should always be given a chance to comply and roleplay before combat starts, especially in cities.

You are talking about new players, do you want new players to think that simply because they choose to RP as a criminal they are now KOS and not given the same courtesy as every other player in non-pvp zones?

1 minute ago, GravL said:

150k is too low for something like this tbh

Yeah it could be raised to 200k, and no it isn't just rebels but that is who have the biggest bounties, and you wouldn't be KOS till you hit the threshold?

1 minute ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Yeah it could be raised to 200

I was thinking something like 350-400. If this is implemented, it shouldn’t be a common sight. Those bounties aren’t as rare as you might think, and at the same time separates the people who went on a spree one day and got a 200k bounty from the people who have been raising their bounty for a while, and could actually be considered a “threat to society”. Kinda like how if you have a 300k bounty, you’re labeled a “menace to society” and are able to be sent straight to jail. 

6 minutes ago, GravL said:

I was thinking something like 350-400. If this is implemented, it shouldn’t be a common sight. Those bounties aren’t as rare as you might think, and at the same time separates the people who went on a spree one day and got a 200k bounty from the people who have been raising their bounty for a while, and could actually be considered a “threat to society”. Kinda like how if you have a 300k bounty, you’re labeled a “menace to society” and are able to be sent straight to jail. 

Well I was thinking 150k was kinda rare but I guess not again if implemented maybe the amount could start at 200k and be raised by the Governor's discretion? 

Edited by Sgt_kupcake
1 minute ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Well I was thinking 150k was kinda rare but I guess not again if implemented maybe the amount could start at 200k and be raised by the Governor's discretion? 

With “menace to society” already being a thing, I don’t think it makes much sense for this to be anything less than 300k. What you’re suggesting is basically the death penalty at 150k, while having double that bounty only gets you sent to jail. 

3 minutes ago, GravL said:

With “menace to society” already being a thing, I don’t think it makes much sense for this to be anything less than 300k. What you’re suggesting is basically the death penalty at 150k, while having double that bounty only gets you sent to jail. 

Menace to society is no longer a thing. I checked before posting.

Edited by Sgt_kupcake

Asylum at its core is primarily PVP focused. This is something we have no plans to change, and we have no plans to punish rebels for playing the game as intended. We are more than open to suggestions to increase interaction and RP, but In my opinion this wouldn't solve anything, I fail to see how making it possible to kill nearly every rebel on sight somehow encourages players to RP more.

william, Donald, Innate and 1 other like this