Dom SRT uncaps

Chris Peacock

I completely agree, I feel like there’s no motive for SRT as a solo, to have fun you need like at least a group of 4-5 which is hard to get. It would be pretty cool if they changed the way payouts worked. Mabye rework payouts to base off of a few more things like how long the point has been owned, SRT can participate in events and mabye something like uncapping a more valueable zone will increase ur payout valuable meaning like a lot of remaining points, been captured for a while, hot zone. Etc

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Yeah, can we either add SRT rules that make it more fun and profitable to play or increase the playability as a solo player?

Once again, I have tried to advocate for this in the past, but it is mostly up to the captains of the current APD at this current moment in time to allow for there to be policy. If they don't want responsibility they should just make SRT its own faction for dom and you can be whitelisted separate from cop and its ran by different people like other servers have it.

Polar and Nightmare like this
5 hours ago, King said:

Like Junke said, we have pushed for literally anything related to SRT and nothing will come of it.  SRT is not worth SA/Dev/Captain's hassle to accommodate for 20'ish people.

How long could it possibly take for them to change flag cap time

5 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Make a gang?

Roster full… push in a frit? Cheap fuck

14 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

Why is uncapping so much longer than capping flags? SRT is hard enough to try and get a coordinated push and then win and have the ability to uncap... no reason to make uncapping longer

I see what you're saying, I presume that the time differential is a result of how payouts work, SRT is instantaneous payout, whereas even to get 10 points still takes 20/40 seconds or whatever it is (I just watch the number tick up).  Do you have a specific % adjustment that you think would work better?  I'll do some testing myself but curious what you're looking for.  As we would make the uncap timer shorter, that would have to be balanced against $$ gained for uncapping, if solo guys can ninja-uncap in 10 seconds then giving every SRT member 20k wouldn't make sense anymore.

1 minute ago, Fitz said:

I see what you're saying, I presume that the time differential is a result of how payouts work, SRT is instantaneous payout, whereas even to get 10 points still takes 20/40 seconds or whatever it is (I just watch the number tick up).  Do you have a specific % adjustment that you think would work better?  I'll do some testing myself but curious what you're looking for.  As we would make the uncap timer shorter, that would have to be balanced against $$ gained for uncapping, if solo guys can ninja-uncap in 10 seconds then giving every SRT member 20k wouldn't make sense anymore.

Just make it the same as the cap for rebels…. Yes it’s an instant payout but the only way srt is profitable is if it is fully maxed out and the officers are actually working together which rarely happens. I shouldn’t be punished for wiping a cap solo then them having enough time to push from across utes before I can get my uncap off 

8 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

Just make it the same as the cap for rebels…. Yes it’s an instant payout but the only way srt is profitable is if it is fully maxed out and the officers are actually working together which rarely happens. I shouldn’t be punished for wiping a cap solo then them having enough time to push from across utes before I can get my uncap off 

I see what you're saying but I think matching it to the civ time is too fast.  We'll take a look at some things and see if there are changes to implement.

Edited by Fitz
On 12/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, Fitz said:

I see what you're saying but I think matching it to the civ time is too fast.  We'll take a look at some things and see if there are changes to implement.

the best thing to do with srt is seperating it from the apd this is absolutely the best thing for the domination server in general but the dev's dont want to waste their time to change anything in the domination server

if your not gonna change cap time make each time you respawn cheaper. If you make it so each time you respawn it costs 2500 then that would mean that you have to uncap a flag with the henious timer 1 out of every 8 lives. Mabye rework payouts to be based on the number of officers online or something like that. It’s just not very fun as SRT when you loose money or break even and there are civs on the server making double the money they put into the dom.

zdeat likes this
3 hours ago, Ahm2d said:

the best thing to do with srt is seperating it from the apd this is absolutely the best thing for the domination server in general but the dev's dont want to waste their time to change anything in the domination server

Use me as a dislike button

• 3 weeks later...
  • Fitz locked this topic