MK14 price reduction

Not sure if posted before on the old forums, obviously can't check.

The price of the MK14 should be lowered to around the same price of the MK18's if not slightly cheaper. There is no reason for it to be on the same price level as the MK'1s.

If you've played the game long enough you should know the the MK1 and the MK18's are much superior then the MK14. The MK14 gets no love, and a cheaper price range would see more people opting out for it as its much lighter to carry. I've only seen 2 people in my months playtime here actually use it.

Tiger likes this
With the high recoil of the mk14 it is only good for CQB/CQC and not longer range, it would be better if its sitting at a 13.5k price on demand, atleast what i think...
Precisely. The gun has more recoil and has worse accuracy at range then its counterparts. Only thing it has over the 2 is a much lighter carry weight. Even for CQB i'll take a MK18 over it.
+1 No-one buys the MK14 and to be honest it's only because no-one wants to buy a 15k+ gun with terrible accuracy. Let's be honest here. I think the MK14 should be at the MK18 price range and the MK18 inbetween the MK1 and MK14.

-1 Hm, I love the MK14, good for sniping. I always buy that rifle. +1 I want it cheaper

+1, I've been scared to try this gun as it didn't seem promising in KOTH the recoil was so bad it was hard to track a target beyond 500m after shooting once.
Yeah Recoil and Range accuracy lets this gun down. Its just a bad re-skinned mk18. No point for it to be constantly above the MK1 price.
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Just so you know, the mk14 is the most accurate 7.62. It has the least scatter of the all of them. Meaning where you have your crosshair scope, that'd where bullet will go, it won't move to the left or right slightly

However it has a issue with long range accuracy. The bullet doesn't accurately go where you aimed all the time, often it will be slightly left or right. They done a good job mimicking the way old weapons work with accuracy.

Most of the times it costs more than the MK1, that really makes no sense. Imo it should be the same price, if not cheaper than the MK18. I would love to see people actually use the gun. It gets no love because of its price.

Imo.  It should be the same price as the MK18, or slightly more expensive.  As well as it being craftable to all and not just cartel only.  

On 12/21/2015 at 10:21 AM, Ozadu said:

Yea well that's just like your opinion, man.

It's not really an opinion, the MK14 has INCREDIBLY snappy recoil, which makes it horrible for follow up shots.  It is less desirable for combat in Asylum for a 7.62, which makes the MK1 and the MK18 much more appealing.  No question at all that it's the worst 7.62 out the MK1 and MK18.

If the gun is so shit, are people going to buy it more because it cost less?  Making the base price of a 7.62 rifle around 6k is crazy, esp when you consider arms/turf discounts, itll run the same price as a dang ACP.  

22 hours ago, Shepurd said:

whats the on demand price of the mk18? like 13-15k? make the mk14 on demand around 10k and I think we will start seeing people use it more.

Edited by HotWings
23 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If the gun is so shit, are people going to buy it more because it cost less?  Making the base price of a 7.62 rifle around 6k is crazy, esp when you consider arms/turf discounts, itll run the same price as a dang ACP.  

The gun has its advantages. It's the lightest of the 7.62's and has the fastest rate of fire. The issue is, that at its current price its not reasonable at all. 90% of the times its more expensive than the Mk1 and that makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Haych said:

The gun has its advantages. It's the lightest of the 7.62's and has the fastest rate of fire. The issue is, that at its current price its not reasonable at all. 90% of the times its more expensive than the Mk1 and that makes no sense.

Someone would have to make them in bulk for the price to drop, Im guessing people are more worried about making the Mk-1 or 18.  If you drop the on demand price to 10k, its just too cheap at that point.