Holdout 2.0 - Bikstok

Bikstok

Hi,

Many of you know of the scenario called Holdout Vanilla. I have personally used it for quite a while to practice my shooting after a new patch or just as a quick warmup before playing Asylum. However, the scenario has a bunch of small issues like slow spawning waves of enemies. So I decided to make my own version of the Holdout scenario.

lhaRRF8.png

The scenario is very simple, you defend a location against an ever growing amount of enemies. You can either choose a custom location yourself, or choose one of the 3 premade ones that I primarily use (close- to long range). You can also customize your loadout by using the Arsenal. If you ever run out of magazines, you can scroll wheel to get a refill, or heal to full health if you get damaged.

You can subscribe to the scenario on Steam workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661897410

When you are subscribed, simply hit play and choose Scenarios to start Holdout 2.0.

HOW TO PLAY - This info can also be found on the briefing screen 

- Starting 
Find the notice board and either select a predefined location or set your own custom location. Setting a custom location will open your map. Follow the on screen instructions to begin the game. 

- Playing 
After the setup process is complete, you will be teleported to the place you have selected to defend. Your objective is to holdout for as long as possible. The diffculty will start easy and then get harder as time progresses. 

- Ending 
There is no end to the mission. However, the amount of AI will eventually get out of hand. 

Edited by Bikstok
Chau, Big Bird, Buddy™ and 39 others like this

If anyone has any requested features or good ideas I can definitely try to add them. Although I am very much a beginner at sqf, so my abilities are somewhat limited. ;)

Changes from the original scenario:
- Waves spawn a lot faster.
- Enemies are different units. Most wear tactical vests and helmets. Also the occasional ifrit will appear.
- Three predefined locations: close-, medium- and long range.
- Scroll wheel options to refill ammunition and heal to full health.
- No fatigue or stamina (permanent Redgull).
- Visual wave number.
- Default Asylum loadout (mk1 + arco).
- Correctly listed under scenarios.

Edited by Bikstok
Tiger likes this
Just now, Scott said:

So I played a few rounds but I wasn't able to tell, for every round does a set of NPCs spawn at one of the red markers or can a few spawn at a 2 different ones, or what?

Only one wave spawn at a time. It's a random location picked approximately every 45 seconds (depending on your wave number).

Just now, Ranger said:

Just played a round.  Quite a fun little thing, only wish the NPCs didn't have helmets.

Got to around 27 at the Long Range one.  Gonna try Meth Cartel next.

Yeah, the helmets are kind of problematic. I'll do some research on how to make predefined groups with custom loadouts so they match Asylum standards. My favorite location is the mid range one (sit in deerstand or tower).

rngr likes this
Just now, Bikstok said:

They only spawn at the red markers. I might be able to split them, although you should eventually have enemies around every marker.

Cool, thanks. The only thing I see that could be improved in my opinion at this point is being able to restart quicker - If you click replay maybe it could spawn you back at the cartel , if you want to edit your loadout or location you could end and re enter from map screen? If you fuck up or just get 1 tapped by those damn aimbotters right away its sort of a pain  to respawn, choose your loadout and location then wait for them to spawn. Other than that, great work.

Bikstok likes this

Bikstok, I played with it a little and its really well... But If you make a global variable to save a loadout in, you can load it on every NPC that spawns so they have more "asylum gear". Also, I would recomend everybody who wants more of a challange with this download and install the mod called ASR AI 3, Its a AI enhancement mod and ai are almost as smart as a human, its difficult to tell the difference from times but they are still retarded and hard peak but for instance, if you shoot them they wont lie down if they're in a open field, they will run for cover.

The mod does require CBA but i assume most have it since its required for S6

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24080

Bikstok and Akula like this
2 hours ago, Bikstok said:

If anyone has any requested features or good ideas I can definitely try to add them. Although I am very much a beginner at sqf, so my abilities are somewhat limited. ;)

Changes from the original scenario:
- Waves spawn a lot faster.
- Enemies are different units. Most wear tactical vests and helmets. Also the occasional ifrit will appear.
- Three predefined locations: close-, medium- and long range.
- Scroll wheel options to refill ammunition and heal to full health.
- No fatigue or stamina (permanent Redgull).
- Visual wave number.
- Default Asylum loadout (mk1 + arco).
- Correctly listed under scenarios.

Kill counter? please

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Great job sir.

Do we have permission / ability to put this on a private server by chance? Maybe utilize this as a practice method for gangs.

Maybe a Multiplayer setup ?

Anyways.. great work man

Definitely. Feel free to use or change the scenario however you want. Although currently I don't think it's really setup for multiplayer. I'm going to look into possibly playing Co-op with a revive system.

explicit, HardyBxoxo and Agent X like this

Another thing I'd like to recommend is maybe giving the NPC's any one of the MK variations, so you always have that threat of getting killed, seems like I can easily get to round 12-16 on the arms castle before shit starts getting intense, although I know the objective is to go as long as you can it'd make it more difficult as well as more Asylum oriented to have the NPC's have MK's.

1 minute ago, hamsham12 said:

Another thing I'd like to recommend is maybe giving the NPC's any one of the MK variations, so you always have that threat of getting killed, seems like I can easily get to round 12-16 on the arms castle before shit starts getting intense, although I know the objective is to go as long as you can it'd make it more difficult as well as more Asylum oriented to have the NPC's have MK's.

For sure. I'm planning to have the following waves spawn: cadets -> constables -> lieutenants -> rebels. Just looking into how to make custom CfgGroups.

Maybe a 1% chance of NightEyes spawning with a Hunter GMG :P

Edited by Bikstok

at one point the waves reset itself starting back at 1 i think after 35 or something ? either way super fun scenario bikstok, might want to add a few more spawn places for the npc's though found a spot at arms dealer you can just sit at not having to worry to much about them :P 

4 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Definitely. Feel free to use or change the scenario however you want. Although currently I don't think it's really setup for multiplayer. I'm going to look into possibly playing Co-op with a revive system.

Already edited it a bit to play it as a coop with friends, added a few locations too, I'll touch the locations up & fix the ai loadouts (no helmets) and post a link when done if you don't mind :->