What happen to winning meant having cap?

Zaxalx

Dont know when it happened but what happened to the days where you would do anything in your power, gear up as fast as you can, yolo into the cartel just to STOP  the cartel from being capped. The cartel cap use to be everything and despite the amount of kills either gang had gotten the people with the cap were considered the winners. Recently all iv experienced had been people waiting literally 45 mins to push while they snipe, no fucks given to the cap. What do you think can be done to bring the motivation back to cap the cartel and consider that a win instead of wait 45 mins to make a play?

Every fight now days consist of 90% sniping, and then one final push, then GG the fights over. What is the reason behind losing interest in caps?

Edited by Zaxalx
5 minutes ago, Zaxalx said:

Dont know when it happened but what happened to the days where you would do anything in your power, gear up as fast as you can, yolo into the cartel just to STOP  the cartel from being capped. The cartel cap use to be everything and despite the amount of kills either gang had gotten the people with the cap were considered the winners. Recently all iv experienced had been people waiting literally 45 mins to push while they snipe, no fucks given to the cap. What do you think can be done to bring the motivation back to cap the cartel and consider that a win instead of wait 45 mins to make a play?

The reason being is A) People wearnt as worried about money as they are now

and B.) If you had the cartel it was secured for a longer time (Or maybe Im crazy, its been 2yrs, I cant remember)

Honestly, make cartels have a longer time in between ability to cap it. That way, if you lost the cap, you lost it for 45 min, not 10. 45 min-1hr is a considerable ammt of money when the server is full.

Also strats changed, things like Orca drops were possible when the Orca was tankier and wearnt choppable and insurable, you were hardly risking anything doing a tower drop, now within 100m, Orca fuselage can be shredded even from a 70 degree angle (Dock tower to top of main) 

Edited by Axe
RedNecked likes this
Just now, Axe said:

The reason being is A) People wearnt as worried about money as they are now

and B.) If you had the cartel it was secured for a longer time (Or maybe Im crazy, its been 2yrs, I cant remember)

Honestly, make cartels have a longer time in between ability to cap it. That way, if you lost the cap, you lost it for 45 min, not 10. 45 min-1hr is a considerable ammt of money when the server is full.

Paratus honestly fixed the money issue for the best of us, and if people in these big gangs that im trying to fight are telling me they dont have enough money to fight, idk what to say. I can log on do 35 mins of cartels runs and have 300k, but yeah i also think the cartels having a 12 min "re-contest" period doesnt help people wanna cap it.

Edited by Zaxalx
Just now, Zaxalx said:

Paratus honestly fixed the money issue for the best of us, and if people in these big gangs that im trying to fight are telling me they dont have enough money to fight, idk what to say. I can log on do 35 mins of cartels runs and have 300k

That all depends on the rules your gang has around the cartel containers

Mine were: If no one was on when you emptied it/capped it, you kept it

If people were on and you emptied it when the others were off doing their own thing, you kept like 1/4 and put the rest in gang. 

But honestly, money should not be an issue if the gang leaders are giving out bank acct money as gear comp. 

And not only that, the people that say they are broke shouldnt be in a gang, because 90% of gangs require you to be financially stable. 

Edited by Axe
Just now, Axe said:

That all depends on the rules your gang has around the cartel containers

Mine were: If no one was on when you emptied it/capped it, you kept it

If people were on and you emptied it when the others were off doing their own thing, you kept like 1/4 and put the rest in gang. 

But honestly, money should not be an issue if the gang leaders are giving out bank acct money as gear comp. 

When we arent fighting and have around 5 people on, we basically give each person 30-1h to do their runs then it switches based on who has the lowest amount of money 

Just now, Zaxalx said:

Drug containers just fill up fucking quick, atleast on s4, by the time i finish one run they have 20k in them again

It's 116k/hour if you hold all 3 cartels. ( passive money ) 

Not that we were out of money we had to craft orcas / Ifrits because we haven't played Altis for a few months.

Just now, Diseased said:

It's 116k/hour if you hold all 3 cartels. ( passive money ) 

Not that we were out of money we had to craft orcas / Ifrits because we haven't played Altis for a few months.

If you control them, at night or evenings you can obtain a very nice amount for us its usually 200-300k in the nice peak hours

Nothing will change, the people who currently are in "gang life" are not like they were back in the day.

People won't fight if they don't have the advantage.

People won't fight if you are being toxic.

Peoe normally are one and done, although the new cartel changes seem to have stopped this. I don't really think anything will be done with the snipers.

Chapo and Eli like this
1 minute ago, Diseased said:

Nothing will change, the people who currently are in "gang life" are not like they were back in the day.

People won't fight if they don't have the advantage.

People won't fight if you are being toxic.

Peoe normally are one and done, although the new cartel changes seem to have stopped this. I don't really think anything will be done with the snipers.

Think its dumb that people have completely forgotten about the cartel cap, and value their life like its their last loadouts playing 1.5k out, takes them 45 mins to build up the momentum to do a single push then die. But in their minds its alright because if they one and done then we will leave the server and they can just cap the cartel back

What made the cartels a need to cap, and then rotate to drug, was when it couldn't be re capped for like 45mins. It gave you time to do a meth run and also make the other cartel priority to fight for and then go back. If we really want more fights that are quicker and more like a bloodbath, buff the orca windows, increase re cap time, and make everything OG.

Just now, Killswitch said:

I couldn't disagree with this more.

I think it takes way more talent and patience to be able to flank and try to out-position someone than to 3rd person in a ball, adaptive crosshair, and peak shoot. 

That's what exactly shows how good a gang is. Someone who knows how to hard peek and push as a group and attack a cartel, compared to your gang who just does nothing but sit there.

Just bump the cooldown cap timer to 30 min, and adjust from there. 

Nothing is permanent. the whole reason of patches and hot fixes it to let the community figure out what needs to change and what is good. 

If the time needs to be further increased (It wont need to be decreased, it has to go up to solve the problem) Its a simple section of the mission file which could be changed rather quickly

At least this way you will tie rebels up in fights and then you cant have the cops complaining 24/7 about fighting them because there is no one else to fight.

Fighting for the cap takes much longer than wiping one wave and saying GG. 

2 hours ago, Zaxalx said:

Every fight now days consist of 90% sniping, and then one final push, then GG the fights over. What is the reason behind losing interest in caps?

I agree 100 % with this.

We capped cartels and fought 2 waves of enemies and when we decided to leave they calling us pussys lol. 

DreamC likes this
2 hours ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

Bad players flank, because they know they can't out peek anyone.

56 minutes ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

That's what exactly shows how good a gang is. Someone who knows how to hard peek and push as a group and attack a cartel, compared to your gang who just does nothing but sit there.

Are you dumb? People flank to get better shots and to open up the playing field. If you camp behind a rock and dont peek, its almost impossible to kill them especially if youre a small group of a few player.

Now if its a large group 10+, its still better to flank since theres less chances of taking casualties.

JESUSRICE likes this
24 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

Are you dumb? People flank to get better shots and to open up the playing field. If you camp behind a rock and dont peek, its almost impossible to kill them especially if youre a small group of a few player.

Now if its a large group 10+, its still better to flank since theres less chances of taking casualties.

Flankers are pussies. Stop sitting out behind the people that are trying to push in. Sad strats.

6 minutes ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

Why are you comparing real life to a fucking video game where you re-spawn. Oh my, that is cringe. 

Im just going to stop this here. I cant compete with your stupidity. :fail: As Otter said, peeking is a small part of combat. This is a Military Game, there isnt just peeking from behind a rock. Theres also different ways to push, for example FLANKING.

Youre calling flankers pussies... Theyre the one pushing out from cover to try to kill you whom is behind a cover. So that sounds more like the flanker isnt the pussy.

12 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

Im just going to stop this here. I cant compete with your stupidity. :fail: As Otter said, peeking is a small part of combat. This is a Military Game, there isnt just peeking from behind a rock. Theres also different ways to push, for example FLANKING.

Youre calling flankers pussies... Theyre the one pushing out from cover to try to kill you whom is behind a cover. So that sounds more like the flanker isnt the pussy.

20 minutes ago, Das Otter said:

Calls people bad for flanking on a milsim....peeking is one small part of a whole to being skilled in combat 

Both irrelevant. Nuff said.