Tried to quote your text but forum quote is buggy and non functional in that large format.
@Killswitch

@bamf

@KBW

"Whenever you are wanted, you cannot play medic (2k bounty or higher I believe it was changed to)"

So ask yourself this question.... wanted for what exactly?

Medics have no ability to use lethal guns or harm others (regardless of VDM)... they have no resource to defend themselves against perpetrators. If someone (innocent or not) runs in front of medic while a medic is driving to a scene, the medic tries to avoid the accident, but the individual is run over or dies, even worse medic dies in the incident as well. If the medic is still alive they stop at the incident, revive(s) the individual(s) and that individual(s) moves on or continues to grief... in any case the medic missed their initial onset. Also medics have a higher standard than most Cops/Police hold.

Cop (aka: Police) runs someone over, even a medic, above the law... no warrants or citations. That isn't how it works... a cop (aka: Police) is a privileged citizen whom of which holds indiscriminate (supposedly) arresting rights and licensed to use a gun. They are not the law, nor above it... their purpose is to act accordingly to it as any citizen or military and uphold it in a studious manner. I know we could get into a huge debate over this but in general what I stated is fact.

If anything create two medic groups:

1) basic public use to play medic (current abilities)

2) members who actively play as a medic. need to be white-listed (white list abilities: taser, detaining rights, backpack, plus current abilities) same as real life.

Edit: Also to note, and not going to point fingers as some BH or COP(S) think they can do what they want to senior medics, but it's seriously ridiculous we medics are forced into the RP confrontation which I refuse to cooperate with despite having to explain the H&R issues, crowd control, and what have's to get to a scene of an accident and revive, heal others. Just won't RP ludicrous accusations or excuses from both BH and COP(S) while I and others play as a medic. I do realize that some people may abuse the medic role, but most of us do not and like to RP since some of us actually do work in the medical field and respect it. I know cops have no respect for an EMT/Medics job. Also, there is an obvious bug that is issuing citations without doing anything. I've been sitting in my EMT offroad truck near the Kavala square today not doing anything and was just issued a 1K citation for some unknown reason. No mention of anything within Statistics or in Logs, i could only assume it was for a supposed hit and run. I've also noticed something similar this morning, I had no citations or warrants (whichever) when I logged off last night, then I log on this morning and somehow I generated 4K in hit and runs while offline... it wasn't the first time.

Edited by Vanadium
Big Bird likes this
17 minutes ago, Vanadium said:

Tried to quote your text but forum quote is buggy and non functional in that large format.
@Killswitch

@bamf

@KBW

"Whenever you are wanted, you cannot play medic (2k bounty or higher I believe it was changed to)"

So ask yourself this question.... wanted for what exactly?

Medics have no ability to use lethal guns or harm others (regardless of VDM)... they have no resource to defend themselves against perpetrators. If someone (innocent or not) runs in front of medic while a medic is driving to a scene, the medic tries to avoid the accident, but the individual is run over or dies, even worse medic dies in the incident as well. If the medic is still alive they stop at the incident, revive(s) the individual(s) and that individual(s) moves on or continues to grief... in any case the medic missed their initial onset. Also medics have a higher standard than most Cops/Police hold.

Cop (aka: Police) runs someone over, even a medic, above the law... no warrants or citations. That isn't how it works... a cop (aka: Police) is a privileged citizen whom of which holds indiscriminate (supposedly) arresting rights and licensed to use a gun. They are not the law, nor above it... their purpose is to act accordingly to it as any citizen or military and uphold it in a studious manner. I know we could get into a huge debate over this but in general what I stated is fact.

If anything create two medic groups:

1) basic public use to play medic (current abilities)

2) members who actively play as a medic. need to be white-listed (white list abilities: taser, detaining rights, backpack, plus current abilities) same as real life.

Edit: Also to note, and not going to point fingers as some BH or COP(S) think they can do what they want to senior medics, but it's seriously ridiculous we medics are forced into the RP confrontation which I refuse to cooperate with despite having to explain the H&R issues, crowd control, and what have's to get to a scene of an accident and revive, heal others. Just won't RP ludicrous accusations or excuses from both BH and COP(S) while I and others play as a medic. I do realize that some people may abuse the medic role, but most of us do not and like to RP since some of us actually do work in the medical field and respect it. I know cops have no respect for an EMT/Medics job. Also, there is an obvious bug that is issuing citations without doing anything. I've been sitting in my EMT offroad truck near the Kavala square today not doing anything and was just issued a 1K citation for some unknown reason. No mention of anything within Statistics or in Logs, i could only assume it was for a supposed hit and run. I've also noticed something similar this morning, I had no citations or warrants (whichever) when I logged off last night, then I log on this morning and somehow I generated 4K in hit and runs while offline... it wasn't the first time.

White-listed medics is something a lot of people want. I just pray they wont be as overpowered as the ones on olympshit. 

I would seriously love whitelisted medics.   And while I have been shot or robbed on occasion, nothing of value is ever lost. I don't think we really need pepper spray or detaining. I've only accidentally bumped one person in my ambulance and healed them immediately, and found a cop for a Pardon.  Cops have never been an issue.  They do look at EMTs sometimes with suspicion on account of how many are trolls and pocket EMTs.

Edited by blaylocke
Padrinos and Dantalion like this
1 hour ago, Vanadium said:

runs in front of medic while a medic is driving to a scene, the medic tries to avoid the accident, but the individual is run over or dies, even worse medic dies in the incident as well. If the medic is still alive they stop at the incident, revive(s) the individual(s)

They ran infront of your car. Not your problem

Just keep driving to the guy u were going to help 

and since when is a fucking medic above the law. 

And the other thing is. U don't need things to defend yourself. 

If u wanna be inbetween a civ/medic. 

Go on civ buy a rook and a defib and revive people in kavala. 

5 hours ago, NightFury said:

hold up. medics tase you in real life?

never hapens to me unless i get a heart attack or something. even then they defib you they dont tase you.

In larger cities EMTs have tasers, the same with and Fire Chiefs, they can also detain people until the authorities arrive.

@ImJustMaikey

There was no mention that EMTs are "above the law" ... detaining is not "downing" or "killing" ... get your definitions clear. Detaining is holding someone with or against their will until an issue is straightened out. EMT (Seniors), Fire Chiefs, and Police have that authority in real life, even civilians.

A cop isn't above the law, nor is a Judge, a lawyer, or people with deep pockets.

A cop , judge, and lawyer ALL serve in a studious manner within the law... that's their responsibility. Though in the modern age these nutjobs have been abusing these privileges. Deep pockets... well you can draw the line till you turn over in your grave fighting in court over anything... it does not mean that you're "above the law" ..

I may be preaching to a choir of misfits.

Edited by Vanadium
Sauwercraud likes this

I had some guy hang around my chopper the other day waiting for me to unlock it to get in/steal it. I warned the guy to back off but he still hung around anyway. I got in my medic chopper, and started to take off. The guy purposefully ran in front so it killed him.

I got a 5k bounty and I tried texting the police for over an hour and no one responded, let alone pardoned me.

I ended up having to log off, wait 10 minutes, log back in as CIV, pay the fine, log off for 10 minutes, and then go back to playing medic (you know, after paying another 2,500 for a chopper).

Edited by Doctor Butts
Furnie Mack likes this
1 hour ago, Doctor Butts said:

I had some guy hang around my chopper the other day waiting for me to unlock it to get in/steal it. I warned the guy to back off but he still hung around anyway. I got in my medic chopper, and started to take off. The guy purposefully ran in front so it killed him.

I got a 5k bounty and I tried texting the police for over an hour and no one responded, let alone pardoned me.

I ended up having to log off, wait 10 minutes, log back in as CIV, pay the fine, log off for 10 minutes, and then go back to playing medic (you know, after paying another 2,500 for a chopper).

Yep, I feel the pain.

I had my Helo out the other day and someone was nearly clinging to the door waiting for me to unlock it for nearly 20 minutes. A deterrent (taser, mase) would be very nice to have in these situations, especially when we're being threatened with our lives.

Another thing, if we see a civ/bh driving an EMT/Medic vehicle... the cops/police don't do anything, so we ought to have something to take these thugs down to either rescue our or other EMT/Medics emergency vehicles. Currently all we can do is stand there kicking dirt in the air while watching with <WTF?!&^*#$> above our heads.

To top it off... the cops/police/bh here accuse us of VDM.

There is a reason to white-list and provide some of us authoritative measures as a real EMT/Medic has, those some-of-us RP on EMT/Medic more - if not all the time - than we do on civ or cop/police.

Edited by Vanadium

I don't know. I've never had a heli or a vehicle jacked. I've never had trouble explaining to a cop that a dumbass jumped in front of my vehicle. 

I know our local EMT's don't carry weapons of any sort except a pocket knife they use on calls (that aren't to the jail, courthouse, etc) and I've honestly never heard of an EMT being allowed to carry anything beyond a tool for the job. In fact, many outfits expressly forbid carrying anything of the sort.

EMT weapons are pretty unnecessary and not really realistic. I would be elated with an update forcing people to wait if they hit the "call for medic" button, and some of those (or all, preferably) whitelist suggestions made previously

I kind of like how EMT's are unarmed. It means that we aren't a threat and shouldn't be treated as one unless we're gonna revive an enemy.

Would definitely love the 'call for medic' system to be revamped in a way that means that I have a chance to revive people instead of flying back and forth doing nothing for a few hours because people click respawn asap even after calling for a medic.

Edited by Doctor Butts
8 minutes ago, Padrinos said:

There are not supposed of be, but I will test and if needed beg for a patch to update

I know this is unrelated, but do you know if it's possible to make it so medics can pull someone out of a destroyed vehicle? People can call for medics, but we're unable to actually pull them out if their car is 100% totaled.