Drug Runner Addon?

So I see a few people talking about career cops and how mad they are that the rebels got drug running via planes. 

How about add a plane for the APD that maybe LTs+ can only fly. Which will allow them to patrol the skies; attempt to stop the plane; maybe add guns to the plane to shoot down the drug running planes?

Or have the drug running planes be picked up at the 5 locations... and have one centralized location for the drug drop off. Making it a battle for those that camp the hell out the areas // making the drug lanes be more gang oriented in one runner and rest secure the drop off?

7 minutes ago, dat_iceman said:

So I see a few people talking about career cops and how mad they are that the rebels got drug running via planes. 

How about add a plane for the APD that maybe LTs+ can only fly. Which will allow them to patrol the skies; attempt to stop the plane; maybe add guns to the plane to shoot down the drug running planes?

no one is mad

and cop dont plane they want qulin and prowler

Edited by sakha
1 hour ago, dat_iceman said:

Or have the drug running planes be picked up at the 5 locations... and have one centralized location for the drug drop off. Making it a battle for those that camp the hell out the areas // making the drug lanes be more gang oriented in one runner and rest secure the drop off?

I personally don't care. Just going by what rebels are saying it appears that the payout to risk is a bit to high. Once people decide to kill people doing it instead of just everyone doing it the risk will go up.

2 minutes ago, dat_iceman said:

Everyone is killing people as we speak. The risk is there.

They were not last night, hell I got killed by a plane on accident and got revived by a random civ there lol.  Im just stating that what is being posted by many people made it appear as if the money being made vs the risk was very high,  it really should be left alone for atleast a few weeks to see how it really averages out. 

Adding a plane for the APD really wouldn't do anything, cops have helis and can easily use them to pursue.  Basically catching someone doing this will be rare, and frankly it should be.  The only real issue i have with it, is that the only reason to pull a plane is to do these missions, so any plane with automatically draw interest.  

3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

They were not last night, hell I got killed by a plane on accident and got revived by a random civ there lol.  Im just stating that what is being posted by many people made it appear as if the money being made vs the risk was very high,  it really should be left alone for atleast a few weeks to see how it really averages out. 

Adding a plane for the APD really wouldn't do anything, cops have helis and can easily use them to pursue.  Basically catching someone doing this will be rare, and frankly it should be.  The only real issue i have with it, is that the only reason to pull a plane is to do these missions, so any plane with automatically draw interest.  

I get what you are saying. But if it is left alone. You can forget about all other money making ways. 10 minutes of my time to make 40k vs 1+ hour for who the hell knows?

I'm sure this is new exciting testing etc etc... I like the idea and the money is good. 

But why do I still own my scotch / Meth house??

And in all honesty... what is the "BIG" risk???

You spawn in whatever town you want. Buy NVGs... and pull out a car. Fly deposit repeat. 

The risk is all other drugs, no matter which vehicle you take out. Why?? Because it takes time. And you are more invested in that time. So you gear up to protect your shit because you know this run is going to take you an hour to complete. 

Rather then fuck it. 100$ NVGS and a car I stored away. I'll land here to deliver the drugs. If I get robbed so be it. It was only 10 minutes rather then an hour. 

Add another loop into drug trafficking. How about the trafficker gives you dirty money and you have to go to rebel to get paid...

With 5 fields... 3 rebel outposts... that's risk. You got you true rebels and your pistol bangers all who go to rebel outposts. 

And it makes the run longer. You get to choose whichever airfield u want for safer like drug 1. Or drug 3 for more risk cause it's close to pyrgos rebel. 

Edited by dat_iceman

Eh, im fine with how it is now. Cops will just have to hope to get lucky and make the bust or take the risk in rushing in when someone lands. Only thing I would like to see is a bit of a timer maybe to "unload" the plane. Not sure if its instant or not (ive crashed every time feelsbadman) haha

Edited by HotWings
Just now, HotWings said:

Eh, im fine with how it is now. Cops will just have to hope to get lucky and match the bust or take the risk in rushing in when someone lands. Only thing I would like to see is a bit of a timer maybe to "unload" the plane. Not sure if its instant or not (ive crashed every time feelsbadman) haha

I think timers are a bad idea. There are already enough people robbing left and right... for me atleast. The timing your talking about.. the way I see it.. is landing the plane. The better you are.. the more seasoned drug runner you are... don't handicap the better pilots. 

1 minute ago, dat_iceman said:

I think timers are a bad idea. There are already enough people robbing left and right... for me atleast. The timing your talking about.. the way I see it.. is landing the plane. The better you are.. the more seasoned drug runner you are... don't handicap the better pilots. 

Per server rules you can only shoot them when they interact with the vendor. Nothing like processing drugs, just enough to where you cant run up click the button and run off without having to actually stop. 5 seconds maybe.

12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Per server rules you can only shoot them when they interact with the vendor. Nothing like processing drugs, just enough to where you cant run up click the button and run off without having to actually stop. 5 seconds maybe.

I think it's good as it is. For runners and robbers. I think the APD should have a slightly better way to nab us rather then sheer luck.  Because if your in your plane and do a fly by and see a cop.. everyone is going to go nuts about APD camping.. they need a better way to stop the drugs in transit. 

Which is why maybe dirty money or APD plane for LT+ would help the cops. 

Edited by dat_iceman
4 minutes ago, dat_iceman said:

I think it's good as it is. For runners and robbers. I think the APD should have a slightly better way to nab us rather then sheer luck.  Because if your in your plane and do a fly by and see a cop.. everyone is going to go nuts about APD camping.. they need a better way to stop the drugs in transit. 

Which is why maybe dirty money or APD plane for LT+ would help the cops. 

Eh, I dont think shooting it down is a legit option at all.  Id rather stick with the luck aspect.

Just now, HotWings said:

Eh, I dont think shooting it down is a legit option at all.  Id rather stick with the luck aspect.

I see where you are coming from. But the planes have steerable parachutes inside them... cops on your tail... bail from the plane and find another way to deliver the goods in the allotted time? Force the APD to really find you after parachuting down?

Who know where this will end up. But I sure as hell love the idea. 

What would happen if there was one pick up location.. and one random of the 5 drop off locations? Like server restarts will rotate between them? Allowing rebels to secure the location and add another cut to holding gang?

Win win no? Cut for the random runner / cut for the gang. 

4 hours ago, dat_iceman said:

What you are suggesting will never happen

10 hours ago, HotWings said:

They were not last night, hell I got killed by a plane on accident and got revived by a random civ there lol.

Lucky you. I got ifrit dropped on the salt flats and killed 3/4 of the them before the driver killed me :(

Adding a plane for the APD really wouldn't do anything, cops have helis and can easily use them to pursue. 

Completely agree. Benched hummingbird 

The reason many people are doing the plane runs is because you can do it while wanted and not get bullshitted by BH's and Cops who can literally see where you are on the map and return as much as they can to take you down during your run, which honestly ruins normal ground runs most of the times for anyone that's got a bounty above £15k. 

I'm just going to say it, tracking abilities is another part of what ruins doing runs, especially when Bounty Hunters have no rules what so ever, and that police have no life rule regarding Illegal Areas. I can kill as much cops as I want at the field, only for them to return to the processor as well, all that running in circles, all that killing, all that time spent for a mere 40k. Hence the reason why Plane runs and Scotch is so popular, they are out of the way, and if anyone wants to bother you, they have to take the time to travel to said location, exactly how all illegal runs should be, out the way of main roads and cities so police and BH's have to travel to get to you, not spawn 2km away everytime.

However the risk is there for Civ vs Civ as you always see many armed people near the Dealers, some are kind, and some are not

Rag and dat_iceman like this