Weapon Price Balancing

With the introduction of the new DLC weapons, I believe there has to be some changes made to the prices of weapons in the rebel store.

Here is what i'm suggesting.

Price decrease:
MK14 - No idea why this hasn't happened yet. I made a post about this around 5 months ago, and still nothing. It makes no sense for this gun to be the same price as a MK1
SPAR 7.62 - Same thing. This gun is hardly used and is in the same boat as the MK14. High recoil, 20 rounds, there is much better alternatives for the same price.

Price Increase:
AK-12
- So you've probably seen the AK-12 increase in popularity in the current meta. The gun has no recoil, 30 rounds of 7.62 and is able to empty a whole magazine in just under 2 seconds in two burst mode. The guns price is around 8k, it doesn't have a market drop price because it can't be crafted. The AK-12 should hands-down be the most expensive of the 7.62's, not the cheapest. 

I've been using the AK-12 since release, and I can tell you now, it needs a price increase, especially when you can empty all 30 bullets in the same time it takes to empty a MK1 magazine. 

1 hour ago, Haych said:

AK-12 - So you've probably seen the AK-12 increase in popularity in the current meta. The gun has no recoil, 30 rounds of 7.62 and is able to empty a whole magazine in just under 2 seconds in two burst mode.

This

Bohemia managed to break the game and allow you to burst fire the weapon quicker than its calculated rate of fire. This is because the burst fires quicker and there is no reset period as there is with say, the glock, in csgo. Calculated rate of fire is 600 RPM for ak12. With the broke 2 rnd burst, it is somewhere between 700-900, which is rediculous.

Im sure BI will fix it eventually. Soon tm

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

This

Bohemia managed to break the game and allow you to burst fire the weapon quicker than its calculated rate of fire. This is because the burst fires quicker and there is no reset period as there is with say, the glock, in csgo. Calculated rate of fire is 600 RPM for ak12. With the broke 2 rnd burst, it is somewhere between 700-900, which is rediculous.

Im sure BI will fix it eventually. Soon tm

600 bullets / min in full auto
1000 bullets / min in burst mode

so thats around 50 rounds per 3 secs. So its actually accurate as hell. And we are in a Milsim game.

But keep in mind, that it has smaller rounds than mk1 does. But I agree its a real @Deadly gun.

Haych and Brendon Smith like this
Just now, eleec said:

so thats around 50 rounds per 3 secs. So its actually accurate as hell. And we are in a Milsim game.

But keep in mind, that it has smaller rounds than mk1 does. But I agree its a real @Deadly gun.

Keep in mind,

Its also lighter than Mk1

Has almost no noticible difference in dispersion

Has a slightly lower Muzzle velocity

And has better dexterity and less inertia. 

Gun is retardedly priced for being what it is. 

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Agree with the AK-12 but for the other 2, Simple dont use them.

Edit: But i assume its possible to lower it dont see a problem with it just dont make it insanely cheap.

MK14 should be slightly cheaper than the MK18, possibly a 1k difference in base price or something, not the same price as the MK1.

15 minutes ago, eleec said:

Yep, just take look at my montage, that's 30 rounds fired in less time than emptying a MK1 mag. Its insane, add that to the minimal recoil, this gun should not be the cheapest 7.62, it should be the most expensive.

The round is smaller, but it acts the exact same vs Infantry, MRAPs and the Orcas, so there is literally no real downside to using it in combat. Only downside i've seen to using the AK-12 is that it sucks when trying to shoot through PB sandbags.

And to add to Axe's point about it being lighter, as far as I know you can also store it in backpacks.

Please consider these changes, Axe and Eleec pointed out some solid points. @bamf @speed

Edited by Haych
42 minutes ago, Heidelberg said:

Agreed with the two first statements, however is it not necessary to raise the price for the AK-12 too much so that people will start complaining about it.

It's not about raising it too much, it's about balancing the price. Look at all the points mentioned above, it's no lie the AK-12 is insanely overpowered. I've been using it non-stop since release and it's very powerful. But it should not be a 8k gun making it the cheapest out off all scoped 7.62's.

19 minutes ago, Haych said:

It's not about raising it too much, it's about balancing the price. Look at all the points mentioned above, it's no lie the AK-12 is insanely overpowered. I've been using it non-stop since release and it's very powerful. But it should not be a 8k gun making it the cheapest out off all scoped 7.62's.

Yep, a little tweak would fix it and put it in balance.

Name Type Mass RoF [RPM] Dispersion Muzzle Velocity Inertia Dexterity Can be stored in: Classname
AK-12 7.62 mm Assault Rifle 140 600 0.00087 900 0.6 1.4 Backpack arifle_AK12_F
Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm (Black) Marksman Rifle 220 600 0.00058 940 0.8 1.68 None srifle_DMR_03_F
Rahim 7.62 mm Marksman Rifle 100 698 0.00058 830 0.5 1.5 None srifle_DMR_01_F
Mk14 7.62 mm (Camo) Marksman Rifle 140 706 0.00087 850 0.8 1.68 None srifle_DMR_06_camo_F
Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm Marksman Rifle 180 706 0.00073 850 0.7 1.3 None srifle_EBR_F

Quick Breakdown

Ak12 is slightly heavier than Rahim and still way lighter than MK1

AK has highest ROF when abusing burst firing (1000RPM)

AK has the SAME dispersion/accuracy as Mk14, and is not much worse than mk18

AK has a lower Muzzle Velocity, which to my knowledge, makes no noticeable difference

IT IS THE ONLY 7.62 THAT CAN BE STORED IN A BACKPACK, not even the Rahim can do that

It has the lower inerita of the USED 7.62s, which means your sights align much quicker after turning.

Then theres recoil which is non existent. 

IRRC, the Rahim is priced very closly with the ak12, which makes no sense

The M14, is priced HIGHER than the AK12 and its shit

goyney, Big Bird and Haych like this
34 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

I can not believe you guys are asking for this.......the same people who have had a lot to say about money making are the same people asking for prices to go up........ROFL.

Whats wrong with asking for a gun that's clearly broken to be balanced out by increasing its price accordingly

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

tfw Nobody has mentioned that the AK is 7.62x39mm whereas all of the other weapons being discussed are 7.62x51mm.

AK-12 has a higher rate of fire when used in Burst. That's actually accurate.

The size of the round compared to it's DMR counterparts hardly makes a difference on Arma, especially for the Asylum Meta. It is works the same against Infantry, MRAP's and Orcas. You can barely use the size of its round in a argument when comparing it to the other 20 round rifles.

AK-12: Base: $9000, should be $12,000-$14,000
MK14: Base: $9000, should be $7000-8000
SPAR17 - Base: $10,000, should be $9000

Very minor changes, but the biggest one is the AK-12. As mentioned above, I don't think the devs anticipated how good that gun was going to be. Just go ahead and watch either mine or Tigers montage. You know somethings broken when you can either fire 30 bullets in 2 seconds, or kill people from 1km using full auto, no recoil whats so ever.

10 hours ago, Haych said:

Whats wrong with asking for a gun that's clearly broken to be balanced out by increasing its price accordingly

The size of the round compared to it's DMR counterparts hardly makes a difference on Arma, especially for the Asylum Meta. It is works the same against Infantry, MRAP's and Orcas. You can barely use the size of its round in a argument when comparing it to the other 20 round rifles.

That makes no sense at all. If the devs feel the gun is broken temporarily remove it. Don't charge civs 20k to use the damn thing.

17 hours ago, Phil. said:

That makes no sense at all. If the devs feel the gun is broken temporarily remove it. Don't charge civs 20k to use the damn thing.

Broken as in the sense of how cheap it is for the damage it does. my bad for the wording, I shouldn't have used 'broken'.

You know there's a problem when you can sit on Window Rocks and buy a gun much cheaper than a MK18 and spray 30 rounds in 2 seconds.

11 hours ago, bamf said:

Implemented.  You guys asked for this... ;)

Thank you. 

For the people complaining, you still have the MK18 for a cheap price, or is the recoil too much for you to control? or can't you simply not kill anyone with 20 bullets? Thanks for noticing this post and making changes accordingly Bamf.

13 hours ago, bamf said:

Implemented.  You guys asked for this... ;)

So looking at the base prices, I think you done a great job in the pricing. Should bring the MK18 back into the Meta alongside possibly making the MK14/Spar more viable options for people who want gear up quickly after dying for cheap.

Also this should make it so gangs need to craft weapons on their home servers again which is nice. However, only issue is, the discounts are broken making gearing up 30k+ when you still own Arms and Turfs. Possibly reduce the pricing of the scopes and vests back to it's older state? Removing governor tax from rebels would be nice as well, still have no idea why government tax effects rebel transactions

Edit: For those who may be interested in the new base prices
7a68bc709e1b47b1568b73a1fd981a85.png

Edited by Haych