Why would the fun drug runner missions be Nerfed so much...

i understand nerfing to balance game play but this latest nerf is just over board and it funny to me that the 15k risk was not nerfed so if you even miss the run way 1 time just once you lost 15k... what do you have to gain you might ask well you have the possibility of making 10k 18k if your lucky and get the right drug runner mission but you also have a chance of getting robbed while going to the atm, having another player fly into you, missing the run way 1 time and losing 15k, get shot lose 15k... you legit have 3-4 mins to pick up the package on most missions witch leaves literally 0 room for error. i just do not understand why you wouldn't nerf the risk to make it more balanced also maby even add atleast 30 seconds to the mission its just way to stressful to be fun anymore. so now you lose more the you would gain if you miss the runway get killed robed etc.. the risk should be 8k 15k seems like way to much. now if you want to make any real good money in the server you do cocaine like everyone else and that is boring and lame to me after months of running drugs it was nice to have a fun new way to make money but no people were enjoying it to much apparently.  

Alrdy a big forum on this and yet admins  ignored everyone saying we are the minority that are on the forums. They felt like if they did something with the cap noone would notice the nerf to much but... When u nerf it as much as they did it kinda ruined it. Yes people will still run it just because they enjoyed the new thing to do.  Sadly asylum is dying since they don't listen to their player base and the servers can't stay up without kicking everyone every 10-20min. 

tdlab and Frizzy like this

I really enjoyed the drug runner more when I had more time. I used to fly real high and turn off engine just to feel like I'm really gliding with my headset it was so peaceful and felt real... And now... RUSH RUSH RUSH and get little payout. I still ran it a few times to see if I'm able to run it but I guess I might just have to buy money since doing other stuff doesn't go to well with server crashing. Farmed 200+ iron ore and was in route to make that $$$ and boom crashed and logged back in no more even in garage... Gg bamf.

tdlab likes this
9 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Well, after doing a few of these, the money is definitely still based off of distance, just nerfed a by like 25%. The most I've got from a run is 29k and that was from Sofia to the one way up north (Drug Runner 1) and down to Pyrgos. So :shrug: it's okay, but just as much as DP missions to be honest.

Actually yesterday, I went from dr5 to dr3 and then to dr2 and then got 14k sick.

1 hour ago, JacobHarr said:

Should of nerfed either time, or money. Not both. Its almost like they don't want us using the fun new features anymore.

They nerfed time once (16 minutes to 12 minutes from 5 to 2), and this time they nerfed time (6 minutes from 5 to 2 back to 5) again with money along with it.

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Should of nerfed either time, or money. Not both. Its almost like they don't want us using the fun new features anymore.

They nerfed time once (16 minutes to 12 minutes from 5 to 2), and this time they nerfed time (6 minutes from 5 to 2 back to 5) again with money along with it.

• 2 weeks later...

@bamf Add drug runner in cars/trucks and buff the payout back to what it was. Suddenly you will add more risk and the argument of "best way to make money should not be in the air with no chance of player interaction" is gone! Although you seem to underestimate the risks involved in the first place I think this will make a lot of people happy and bring that new exciting/worth while money making back to Altis. Also why is it that when there is an overwhelming amount of people on the forums come together and do polls and give feedback we get called "minority" and ignored, but you listen to very little feedback in other cases. 

Over the last week the drug runner missions have paid out ~$15,500,000, while failures have resulted in ~$3,900,000 in penalties.  

Everyone talks about the payout "nerf", but no one takes into account the buff that happened simultaneously to the randomization of the missions.  It used to be that someone could sit and camp a DR mission spot and if they saw you drive up and then leave they knew for a fact you would be back with money in ~15 minutes if they just waited patiently.  If they played their cards right you might even try to do multiple missions without storing that cash which would net them even more for their patience.  

Again, DR missions are still the absolute fastest way to earn money in the game.  Sure there is a chance of getting robbed, but if you get shot for the money you lose only the clothes on your back.  Most people don't shoot you before you have a chance to turn in the plane.  

Also, we did revert some of the time pressure after initially tweaking it down. 

Phil. and TiLLeR like this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Over the last week the drug runner missions have paid out ~$15,500,000, while failures have resulted in ~$3,900,000 in penalties.  

Everyone talks about the payout "nerf", but no one takes into account the buff that happened simultaneously to the randomization of the missions.  It used to be that someone could sit and camp a DR mission spot and if they saw you drive up and then leave they knew for a fact you would be back with money in ~15 minutes if they just waited patiently.  If they played their cards right you might even try to do multiple missions without storing that cash which would net them even more for their patience.  

Again, DR missions are still the absolute fastest way to earn money in the game.  Sure there is a chance of getting robbed, but if you get shot for the money you lose only the clothes on your back.  Most people don't shoot you before you have a chance to turn in the plane.  

Agreed.  I like the change. A little more challenging a little less money.  The trade off is the randomness.  Makes the drug runners less camped and makes it more difficult for the APD to anticipate a delivery.

19 hours ago, bamf said:

19 hours ago, TiLLeR said:

Agreed.  I like the change. A little more challenging a little less money.  The trade off is the randomness.  Makes the drug runners less camped and makes it more difficult for the APD to anticipate a delivery.

+1