Reward Players for Successful Reports

From what I've exprienced most players wont report another player even with evidence just because there is no reward and it takes a good amount of time to do so.

I propose that players be rewarded either in-game something around 10k or +5 reps on their forums account.

This will make it so the community is less prone to break rules because reports will take place more frequently and clean up the community a bit more.

5 minutes ago, W00bzy said:

I can't bother uploading a 5 minute video everytime I get RDM'd

Give me 10k a report and I will upload the 15+ some rdm videos i've shadowplayed.

This.

RDM reports are the worst. Unless I lost over 50k or I really hate whoever it was, I can't be bothered to upload 5 min

2 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

And when the severs are empty due to people not playing due to no reports being done nobody being banned nobody wanting to die from Rdmr from no bans being placed for people breaking the rules they have loads of time to watch tv and eat take away right?

Consider thinking before you post this uncomprehensible question. 

Edited by Maric
10 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

yeah mybad.. was in a shitty mood..

I agree with the point you were making, but what you said needs to make sense. There should be a reward to stopping blatant rule breakers to therefore make a incentive to spend the 10-15 minutes filing the reports. But, there is no reason for administrators to implement such a policy since rule breaking is not a major problem. The major problem is BE kicks and keeping the servers stable.

9 minutes ago, W00bzy said:

Consider thinking before you login to the forums and post you're uneducated rhetoric looking for forums likes.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Edited by Maric
1 hour ago, instamac said:

From what I've exprienced most players wont report another player even with evidence just because there is no reward and it takes a good amount of time to do so.

I propose that players be rewarded either in-game something around 10k or +5 reps on their forums account.

This will make it so the community is less prone to break rules because reports will take place more frequently and clean up the community a bit more.

Well, if you want to wait 4 hours ++ for almost a week in TS, you deserve those 5k :)

3 hours ago, instamac said:

Will never happen due to the expectation players should just report people for the benefit of the server. 

If I had a better upload I would report more. The only time I report is if people refuse to listen to reason and admit their mistake (and pay 800$ for my revive). 

I don't see how a reward system for reporting various wrongdoings would be a bad idea regardless of if its staged or not somebody gets banned and a negative reputation. 

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Not like the Admins are super upset you don't report people. Just means less work for them.

I hear not being an admin also reduces workload. Might just be a myth though.

Matthew likes this

There should be a reward.  You were rewarded money for reporting dupers.

In all reality it's a win win.  With an incentive to report people then it will lead a lot more people to take time out of their day to report rule breakers that require more evidence like RDM.  People generally don't care to take time out of their day to report some random who they know will probably just do it again and that leads to those same rule breakers to continue to RDM and bring the possibility that a player who is following the rules to quit because they are tired of RDMers, ect. 

Matthew likes this